Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: results from 6/23/13

results from 6/23/13

Have you had a chance to look into the results of the small car race from 6/23/13?

Quote Originally Posted by 311racing View Post
    Have you had a chance to look into the results of the small car race from 6/23/13?
    I have had gary silverman and dave peters look at there videos, we can't find out who was out with you during transponder check.

Does car # 311 question his finishing position ? What does he question ? According to print out he completed 76 laps and was on the track until 30 seconds before car # 03 won the race. I have not watched my in car camera for this race yet.

phil

I had a camera focused on the front stretch for the entire small car race.
    Once we get the timing data from Mylaps or off of Grandview's laptop, then we can compare it with the video and figure everything out.
    If that doesn't work, then someone will have to review the video and make some decisions.
    I have not seen any data posted on Mylaps from any of the Outlaw Enduro Series races.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Phil. I questioned Chuck after the race on my finishing position of 19th. I was in 2nd or 3rd went to pits for a flat tire and returned to track right away and never went off again. I watched the dvd from GSP video and you can see me return to the track.

Phil, the transponders got assigned to the wrong cars. We think.

Thanks for your help. I am just looking for the correct answer to my finishing position. I don't think I was in the pits 24 laps to get a tire changed.

Well a normal tire change takes 4 laps minimum. The good part is you told the race director right after the race. Not sure how many times Scott lapped you. Sounds like a possible top 10 to me 6th being the highest possible position.as 5th completed 96 laps. 6th 92 7th thru 9th 91 laps . If video can prove laps made. Finishing points can be adjusted. I will try to watch my in car video to see how many times I passed you. And # of laps spent in the pits. What lap # did you pit around. I sort of remember seeing you pit. phil

I am not sure of the lap. I was sitting in turn 4 under a red flag. when it went green I went right to pits and came right back out. I will look at video quick to see if I here the lap from the announcer.

Phil I just found it on the dvd. I go to the pits after the red flag for the exhaust pipe on the track in turn 1. You are a few cars behind me when I turn into the pits. I did not hear a lap number.

I took a quick look at my video.
    The 311 was announced as being in 5th on lap 5.
    The video shows he was in 5th place.
    If Gary (Announcer) was using the scoring system for the positions then the transponder was correct.
    I can make a copy of the video with time code for whoever wants to review the entire race.

Ok. I understand that I was in 5th on lap 5. How did I lose so many laps for 1 flat tire? Gary announced me being in 3rd right before I went to the pits.

Quote Originally Posted by 311racing View Post
    How did I lose so many laps for 1 flat tire?
    Whatever the reason was may never be known.
    At least you have a chance to prove that you completed xx number of laps by reviewing my video, writing down the time code each time your car crosses the start/finish line, and then present that info to the promoter.

That's what Chuck Detweiler did to resolve a scoring issue he had at Big Diamond Speedway a couple of years ago.

I'll make you a DVD at no cost.

That will be great. Will I be able to get the dvd from you at the race on Sunday? I am not trying to cause any problems just would like the finish I think I deserve. There is a big difference in points from 19th to possibly 6th. Thanks for your help.

My comment is I only passed you one time until the red when I forgot to turn the camera back on. This was past the half way point easily You were running well.. Like neets spectator says review the race. If proof is shown to Chuck Eckert and he okays it. I would correct the points from this race. Phil

Thread Information