Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad News for the WMT in 2014

Bad News for the WMT in 2014

nascar will just add another riverhead race .300.00 to take green

According to the article, there might not be any racing at all on the oval in 2014. They hope to have construction completed by June but have no schedule at all for the oval yet. It could end up a lot worse than just losing the Ice Breaker next year.

Lol. 11 races

If I was planning on building a car, for Thompson, this winter, I'd build it for Waterford instead!!!!

wmt schedule comes out in dec 2013,so it does not look good for any race next year

I took a look at the blueprints for the new Thompson track. Looks like theyre eliminating the parking area for the campers and half of the pit area. Also looks like a majority of the spectator parking wil be eliminated too . It wont be the Thompson we know when its done

http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/new-track.php

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo44 View Post
    I took a look at the blueprints for the new Thompson track. Looks like theyre eliminating the parking area for the campers and half of the pit area. Also looks like a majority of the spectator parking wil be eliminated too . It wont be the Thompson we know when its done

http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/new-track.php
    Maybe they'll use the golf course for parking LMAO
    "A good racer is one whose head is in communication with his balls." - Richie Evans
    "There was only one place you'd find Cale Yarborough's name toward the back: The phone book." - Mike Joy

After a long hard winter I would think another track would do ok by running the WMT season opener. Kick off the season at Monadnock!! Bristol in March wouldn't be bad either. Another possibility would be for Stafford to run an Icebreaker for the WMT in early April and then make the Sizzler an open race. I doubt it would ever happen but if there was ever a year to try it 2014 would be the year from the sound of things. The idea of kicking off the WMT schedule someplace other than Thompson is sounding more appealing by the minute.

Would anyone have any ideas on this road course? Is there going to be a "weekly" road course division"? LOL

I like road racin,I just dont see it happening every week.....There must be a major player coming to the track for the owners to commit themselves to this...

Any thoughts??? Thanks
    Last edited by hasbeen; 07-21-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: didnt finish

Quote Originally Posted by hasbeen View Post
    Would anyone have any ideas on this road course? Is there going to be a "weekly" road course division"? LOL

I like road racin,I just dont see it happening every week.....There must be a major player coming to the track for the owners to commit themselves to this...

Any thoughts??? Thanks
    I guess if u look at the NHMS schedule http://www.nhms.com/events/

cashcad45

Quote Originally Posted by wmass01013 View Post
    I guess if u look at the NHMS schedule http://www.nhms.com/events/
    I hope NASCAR can work out a group of road races for the WMT. Maybe Thompson , Lime Rock & The GLEN or New Jersey , maybe even the Virginia track(north/south combo would be cool).

With the news LIMM shared with us about a possible race at New Smyrna in February this could be the time for NASCAR to step up and back up their words with some action. thinking they could possibly work with NHMS to get another race there as the track has shown interest in another race weekend in the past. Another possibility would be Richmond and or Martinsville back with North South combo races. Just putting some thoughts out there as something would have to happen in the next few months to get it done for 2014. One other thought is Myrtle Beach speedway as I believe the promoter there has shown some interest in hosting a modified race. Lets hope there may be some good news out of this situation

Southern National in NC would be a great place for a combo race also. I've seen some great racing there although I now live in FL.

Here is my opinion. Move the Spring Sizzler at Stafford back a week or two. Put Richmond back on the schedule the end of April (under the lights), as a combo event with the southern mods. And televise it.
    I KNOW LAMINATED GLASS WHEN I FEEL IT !

Thread Information