Thread: The outlaw series is dead!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The outlaw series is dead!!

Well, maybe not the racing part, but the Forum sure is dead. Isn't anyone excited about racing anymore?? I know times are hard (time to blame Obama for no jobs), life throws obstacles in our way (but aren't we enduro drivers all about adapting and overcoming), etc. etc. Maybe it's just those prolific posters (Uncle Petey, Steve Sapp, etc. have moved on.

I've been working my butt off trying to squeeze a race or two in before I leave for the great white north (NH) and finally have the car about 95% ready to go for the next race and I can't even find results from the last race, comments, video, etc. I still plan on showing up and I'm assuming we are racing as scheduled.

I have a suggestion, why doesn't start a thread about what could be done to make the series better (if it could be better). NO negatives would be allowed (i.e. "I don't like... blah blah blah), but rather positive things that may be done. For example, If I were the King of the Outlaw Series today, I'd make the following decree... "Any new driver/team that shows up does not have to pay the registration for the first race and pay half price for the second". Their cars would not be added to the car count for payouts. Maybe this would entice just one or two drivers to come to Grandview. How about trying to get someone to sponsor grandstand tickets. Maybe Grandview would sell us a block of 100 ticktes for $5 per ticket. These could be given to the drivers/teams to give out to people who've never been to a race (yes, I know they'd be on the honor system). Maybe we could make a few new fans. Dumb ideas, maybe, but there are plenty of smart people I've met in racing and I'm sure someone has better ideas than mine that would work.

How about a contest for funniest racing story posted on the Forum. It could be limited to a number of words (500, 1000, etc). and be voted on at the end of each month. Heck, I know there are tons of funny stories out there that people would like to share or want to hear. As a matter of fact, I remember one race at Mountain. I was sitting in the staging lane and as I'm waiting to go out, I'm watching the guy in front of me. A big nasty spider, drops down on his helmet and proceeds to go down the back of his helmet and disappeared under his fire suit. Heck, I thought it was funny. Or the time I fell asleep in the staging lane at Bridgeport and almost didn't get out on the track.

I remember racing the 1/4 mile track at Bridgeport, we'd bring the top five cars behind the stands at the end of the race and sign autographs for the little kids and let them sit in the cars and get their pictures taken.

Anyway, I'm ready to go racing. Anyone esle??
    BTW - Thanks Linsey for the Gladiola bulbs, the flowers are awesome.
    Just some random thoughts on a blah Monday morning.
    Last edited by KennyWallace81; 07-29-2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: forgot something.

Thread Information