Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The outlaw series is dead!!

The outlaw series is dead!!

Well, maybe not the racing part, but the Forum sure is dead. Isn't anyone excited about racing anymore?? I know times are hard (time to blame Obama for no jobs), life throws obstacles in our way (but aren't we enduro drivers all about adapting and overcoming), etc. etc. Maybe it's just those prolific posters (Uncle Petey, Steve Sapp, etc. have moved on.

I've been working my butt off trying to squeeze a race or two in before I leave for the great white north (NH) and finally have the car about 95% ready to go for the next race and I can't even find results from the last race, comments, video, etc. I still plan on showing up and I'm assuming we are racing as scheduled.

I have a suggestion, why doesn't start a thread about what could be done to make the series better (if it could be better). NO negatives would be allowed (i.e. "I don't like... blah blah blah), but rather positive things that may be done. For example, If I were the King of the Outlaw Series today, I'd make the following decree... "Any new driver/team that shows up does not have to pay the registration for the first race and pay half price for the second". Their cars would not be added to the car count for payouts. Maybe this would entice just one or two drivers to come to Grandview. How about trying to get someone to sponsor grandstand tickets. Maybe Grandview would sell us a block of 100 ticktes for $5 per ticket. These could be given to the drivers/teams to give out to people who've never been to a race (yes, I know they'd be on the honor system). Maybe we could make a few new fans. Dumb ideas, maybe, but there are plenty of smart people I've met in racing and I'm sure someone has better ideas than mine that would work.

How about a contest for funniest racing story posted on the Forum. It could be limited to a number of words (500, 1000, etc). and be voted on at the end of each month. Heck, I know there are tons of funny stories out there that people would like to share or want to hear. As a matter of fact, I remember one race at Mountain. I was sitting in the staging lane and as I'm waiting to go out, I'm watching the guy in front of me. A big nasty spider, drops down on his helmet and proceeds to go down the back of his helmet and disappeared under his fire suit. Heck, I thought it was funny. Or the time I fell asleep in the staging lane at Bridgeport and almost didn't get out on the track.

I remember racing the 1/4 mile track at Bridgeport, we'd bring the top five cars behind the stands at the end of the race and sign autographs for the little kids and let them sit in the cars and get their pictures taken.

Anyway, I'm ready to go racing. Anyone esle??
    BTW - Thanks Linsey for the Gladiola bulbs, the flowers are awesome.
    Just some random thoughts on a blah Monday morning.
    Last edited by KennyWallace81; 07-29-2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: forgot something.

Kenny,
    Wow you said a mouthful there. The forum is definitely diminishing around here. I guess I am one of those suckers who checks each day for more info or something to read about. I believe many people keep to themselves now on here. No one says what they feel because criticism and attitudes erupt. I may come across sassy at times but like the rest of the enduro family..... we want to race. Race with others who enjoy the hobby without counting our pennies and praying to make it each month. Yes jobs are tough, pay is minimal and everything goes up except our wages.
    Race results are listed all together in the one thread. As for the videos I am not sure. BTW the story of your spider is not pleasant and I would have been creeped out! Its a shame the night before the enduro some cars cant be on display. Or put out flyers to the people walking in like Thunder on the HIll does. I know it cost a little but you have to give a little to get more!
    I am hoping to race in August too. Get that car finished!
    PUNCHY

hey kenny alot of guys come and go, Critter, jack (56) who use to write all the time. i do miss seeing who signed up and looking at my laps to see who made what laps and speed. Chuck is doing very good at his first year of running things. joe and erin had others to show them the way. chuck is trying things to make it work. maybe with help from all driver, things will be better. hope to see all there on 11th.
    Last edited by tbirdracer; 07-29-2013 at 08:03 PM.

What do you call a dog with no legs ?? ( Funniest posting) phil

Nothing .It won't come anyway. phil

Sure hope to see you back at the next race Ken which is indeed coming up on August 11th. Hope to see Jen's #P13 there also and Ray's 2EZ there as well. Shawn Naftzinger plans to be back on the speedway with a freshly built car.

That weekend will be a perfect opportunity to catch some exciting racing at Grandview Speedway. The annual Forest Rogers Memorial is on Saturday night August 10th. Hope to see some of those campers stay overnight and take in the races on Sunday. I have often said that Ernie does mention the Outlaw Enduro Series races several times on Saturday nights. I'm sure he will plug the events for Aug 11th during the Aug 10th race which always draws a nice crowd. Definitely is a good opportunity for our show on the 11th.

Good luck to all competitors as the time is getting closer. Looking forward to the 11th!
    Gary Lileck

Hello Everyone, I know there's not a lot going on with the forum/ website, but there is a reason for that, there's only one or two people that can put anything on it... and it's not me. There will be a new website next year, along with 10 races hopefully. The website will be connected to Grandview's website, a lot of things need to be discussed. I'm praying there's no talking because everyone's working on there cars.. lol. The next race August 11th is looking like the biggest one this year, a lot of guys coming back to race, finally after last year, very greatful to hear that. As Ray said, I am doing my best, there has been a lot that have tried to get different divison's started and failed. We as an enduro family keep enduring, and I believe it will keep going, next year is going to be off the wall, there's a lot of people involved right now and will be next year that help me do this, it's not just me... but I do call the shots. Which bring's me to the next thing, from the one meet and greet I did on the 14th, we picked up 60 kids alone!! awesome!! attendance was 165 people payed, and it will keep going. But, I still don't see the car counts, I know the cars are out there! For those of you who sit back, and wait on money or see if I'm gonna move cars or flat out do what I say.... You should know by now, the answer is yes!! So stop crying about things, and race!! Let's build this class huge, I'm not to proud to ask for help. See Ya'll on the 11th. Get those registation's in!!

I wasn't really commenting on racing side of things, but really just wanted to throw out some random ideas about encouraging people to be part of the forum, some ideas for getting fans in the stands etc. I think there is a direct relationship between interest in the forum and interest in the series. I used to see more of the "I'm working on the car and having issues" followed by saying "I have some parts you can have", or I'll help you out". It seems like the sense of community is starting to fade to some degree. Just some thoughts. Maybe someone smarter than me can come up with some ideas or a weekly column, or spotlight a driver each week with some details about them. Something/anything to get people using the forum for positve reason. Couldn't hurt.

Just a reminder that August 10th, at Grandview there will be 5 Big Cars on Display for the meet and great, to help promote the Out Law Series. Very excited to be showing our cars, and what we love to do, to the people that go there on a Saturday night. And hopefully to have the people from a Saturday night come to watch us race on our Sunday afternoon's.

GREAT. The more visibility for the series, the better. There's a show tonight (at least that's what somebody told me). Maybe someone could sponsor a sign by the main grandstand entrance with the series schedule on it. Of course that's an idea for next year.

That's good news, team32. As I stated above that is the night of the Forest Rogers Memorial which is basically the second largest race of the season at Grandview. There will be a good fan count there on that night.
    Gary Lileck

Kenny I do apologize as for some reason I was locked out of the forum until a few minutes ago. My wife will be posting the results to here I hope in the normal am hours.
    Any question don't hesitate to ask.
    Sorry everyone for the incovenance this has cause

No apologies needed. I was just trying to make some general points about the lack of input to the Forum. I apologize if you felt I singled you or anyone else out. The cars done, I've registered, now I'm just waiting to race! If I can bring the 6 cyl. home in the in the top ten, I'll be thrilled. If I bring it home in one piece, I'll just be happy.

See you on the 11th Ken, and good luck.
    Gary Lileck

heres something funny..... my friend race on a dirt track wearing open face helmet with chicken wire screen wearing sun glasses. blew mud out of his nose for two days!!!!! now thats funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information