Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well one night...

I knew there were good enduro stories out there. Thanks for sharing Phil. I was half thinking of getting a bunch of enduro short stories, and putting them together with a history of enduro racing (That's what the NASCAR races on the beach were). I'd love to hear peoples stories of there first race, their first win, funny things that happened, colorful personalities, the charity endeavors, recollections from announcers, etc.

Well one night (tonight), I went to a Bridgeport Enduro and an Outlaw Series race broke out (sort of). Todd Francis won for the second night in a row over all time Bridgeport 4 cyl. feature winner Warren Stradley, followed by former NEETS winner and tied for second in Bridgeport feature wins, Dave Bentley. Todd and Warren put on a show battling it out.

one day my dad and i were racing at flemington when i blew the motor in my car. dad was still racing. he had a flat and pulled into the pits. he got out to see the damage when a friend was swinging the hammer and he hit my dad in the nose. i was checking on him when he told me to get in the car and race it. as i ran to get my stuff. i asked him " you sure your ok" as i got in the car and raced out of the pits and finished the race for him. we told no one back then but we still talk about it today. what a bratty son my dad has.

Here is a story from a man at work John. This man started racing Hobby Stocks at Silver Springs back in the mid to late 60s. He raced a 56 Ford Crown Victoria. Well he was not 18 at the time and also there was another teenager like himself racing the sprint cars at the time. They both had to have a Parent in the pits with them to be able to race. John and this other youngster traded stories with each other since they were so close in age. The other mans name. Kramer Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by Philter39 View Post
    Yep bright neon green # 22 So a hint of the gas dumper. big cars and Jeeps.

Have another good fire story for later. phil
    Oh boy that will be a day i'll never forget.

Please put gas in red cans or mark them saying gas.

It was me.

Bmo

I know Phil has a better story to tell or i must tell it.

Do tell.... do tell.

Brian you must tell the story. phil

Thread Information