Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October Race 200 lapper

I like the idea of pitting under green, BUT from a safety point of view hurrying to refuel a car is not a good idea.
    "Taken To School"

maybe having a fuel area with an official watching. spilled gas your done. but what chuck says will go.

Both of my cars will go 200 laps with no need for fuel. Even 200 laps at Williams Grove was done with no need for fuel. I realize the endure part of a longer race. I was only stating a for the fans view. I have a good story to add to Kenny Wallace"s thread related to this. phil

Chuck,
    I want to put my little women opinion. How about a single Enduro with all the cars going 300 laps. Have a big and small car winner. With a fuel stop at 150 its less time for the fans and its less time you have to rent the track.
    See ya Sunday
    Jennifer

The idea sounds good, but why don't we try to get a Friday night race under the lights, 50 fast laps for the people camping out to see and bring In more of a fan base. Just an idea. Two years ago on a sat night we raced and heard a lot of good feedback from spectators.

race where on friday night? did you mean saturday. not meaning to sound like smart ask...

I believe Joe means Friday night and that campers would stay overnight for Saturday.

Having a short race under the lights could be a good way to help promote our sport of enduro racing. I also heard good things about the night race two years ago.

Several years back when I worked at Big Diamond, we had an exhibition 20 lap enduro on a Friday night. If memory serves correctly, it was contested just before the regular division's main events, so a full crowd witnessed one of our enduro races. The fans really enjoyed it and we picked up many fans for our Sunday shows.

Not to venture off track, but the winner of that race was Brad Krause. Have not seen ol B-Rad out on the track this year, where has he been? Was hoping to see him race a few Outlaw Enduro shows this year.
    Gary Lileck

Big cars and little cars together is a BAD idea as far as safety.. Besides I can only drive one car at a time and a few more potential 2 car drivers. phil

just a thought....what about a team enduro.....1 big car, 1 small car........total laps determine winning team

Gary, B-Rad Krause stopped by my shop two weeks ago to give me a hand. He has a lot on his plate right now. I think he still spends much of his spare time helping Doug Hendricks with the sportsman car. He might be back with his enduro car next season ??
    Shawn Naftzinger
    Rustyboltz Racing #16N
    "Old School!"

Im really not trying to sound like a smart ass (especially since I havent been around) but the mixture of both classes shouldnt even be a thought. Like Phil said it is not safe... Imagine if a car like my old car or Phils car hit one of the small cars.... it would be a disaster. And also, like Phil said you will lose a couple cars in either one of the divisions with some guys doing double duty. Now about the Friday night suggestion, I think it is a good idea but the night would have to start LATE. with my experience at Bridgeport this year, I feel that it could be the same story here LOW CAR COUNTS and just as important, a little amount of spectators especially with most people working until 5. I just wouldnt want to see you (chuck) putting out the money just to turn the lights on to get a terrible turn out. I for one, would come, it would be a blast. If we want a night race, it needs to somehow get mixed into the normal saturday nights again when there is already a huge fan base. and this time no limit on the amount of cars allowed. I wasnt there for it just because of that.
    Travis "big head" Guyer 25T

When I posted my thought was for a Friday night b4 a big race like this weekend when people camp out for the weekend. Yes Saturday would be awesome. Just trying to get some ideas floating around. Doesn't seem like to many others care to see Chuck and the Outlaw series grow but I know I do.

I agree that big cars and small cars should not race together because of safety reasons. I would also prefer to see no fuel stop. I'm just speaking as a fan, that's why I have not weighed in on this topic much. I think 125 or 150 laps would be just fine. With car counts not like they once were a 200 lapper would probably seem like an eternity.
    Gary Lileck

I am not sure if the exact date for this show has been posted. I need to get it marked on my calendar before something else fills in that date. Hope it is not the 20th of October. phil

Thread Information