Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: koma unwind modified series

koma unwind modified series

Found this on facebook

"Had another positive meeting today at Bib's Downtown. Looking forward to the 2014 season. The tentative schedule is below. The remaining dated (TBA's) will be filled while in Daytona the week of the 17th at the Promoters Workshops.
    Also meeting with Insurance representatives to try to work out the most affordable package for Owners, Drivers and Crew Members.

The KOMA Unwind Modified Madness Tour is rapidly taking shape. Web-site should go live Monday.

2014 KOMA UNWIND MODIFIED MADNESS TOUR SCHEDULE
    SOUTHERN MODIFIED RACE TOUR
    DATE DAY TRACK LOCATION

3/22/14 SATURDAY HICKORY MOTOR SPEEDWAY HICKORY, NC

5/25/14 SUNDAY TBA

6/13/14 FRIDAY ACE SPEEDWAY ALTAMAHAW, NC

6/20 or 6/28 FRIDAY TBA

7/5/14 SATURDAY HICKORY MOTOR SPEEDWAY HICKORY, NC

7/25/14 FRIDAY TBA

8/15/14 FRIDAY ANDERSON MOTOR SPEEDWAY ANDERSON, SC

9/1/14 MONDAY ACE SPEEDWAY ALTAMAHAW, NC

10/11/14 SATURDAY ORANGE COUNTY SPEEDWAY ROUGEMONT, NC

10/25/14 SATURDAY TBA

11/15 or 11/22 SATURDAY TBA

UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED ALL RACES ARE 125 GREEN FLAG LAPS
    SCHEDULE IS TENTATIVE AND MAY CHANGE"
    Last edited by limodmaniac; 02-09-2014 at 08:29 AM.

There has been a new southern tour in the works for awhile and when all is definitive the news will be on the front page of TCH.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Here we go again......

I was thinking the same thing.

Talked to a guy yesterday that races a mod at Ace Speedway; their cars there are a cross somewhere between a tour mod and a IMCA mod, if I understand correctly. Brad Allen, promoter at Ace, is a board member of this new series, presumably to draw a few Ace guys to tour, but the cost will be too high for them, IMO. I can't imagine this tour drawing a large crowd, as a lot of the Bowman Gray regulars don't tour. Tim Brown is not even entered at Caraway for the first southern tour race. Randy Myers is the director of the new series, and I give him credit; he has tried everything for touring mods and weekly mods. promoting Friendship speedway after putting down asphalt some years back (ruined a great dirt track, by the way!) and he will give it a go, but I think the odds are against them. I truly hope it works, but Hickory will be make or break for them.

Per KOMA facebook page:

$2900 to Win ! $1950 2nd $1325 3rd $1225 4th $1100 5th
    And $475 to start !

I have contacted, well tried to contact them, via Facebook AND their website to get on their PR list to help promote and no one responds.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    I have contacted, well tried to contact them, via Facebook AND their website to get on their PR list to help promote and no one responds.
    An unresponsive PR dept.....not exactly what a new series needs......

I guess I am their new PR department. :-) Scary thought!

HISTORIC HICKORY MOTOR SPEEDWAY TO HOST INAUGURAL
    “KOMA UNWIND MODIFIED MADNESS SERIES” EVENT

(King, NC): It is with great pleasure the Southern Modified Race Tour announces the inaugural “KOMA Unwind Modified Madness Series” event will take place on Saturday, March 22 at the historic Hickory Motor Speedway. The “kickoff” event for the new series is the first of two races set for HMS in 2014. The series will return to one of the longest running tracks in the South again on July 5th for a big Independence Day weekend show.

“We couldn’t be happier to announce HMS as the first track on the new SMRT schedule” said series Director, Randy Myers. “Hickory Motor Speedway has a long and storied history with the Modifieds going back to the days of Junior Johnson, Ned Jarrett and the Myers Brothers, Billy and Bobby. Harry Gant, Bobby Allison, Hank Thomas and many more great racers drove the Modifieds back in the day and more recently the old SMART Modified tour competed there. This series mission is to create close and hard competition and to build the fan base for the Modifieds back to where it was a few years ago. With that in mind, we wanted to kick this season off “close-to-home” for the Modifieds. Many of the drivers competing in the “KOMA Unwind Modified Madness Series” will also race at another historic track in the area. Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem hosts the Modifieds every Saturday from late April through mid-August and events like this give their fans a chance to see them at other area tracks, Myers said. The “Relaxation Revoluation 125” will be the feature division and the Southeast Super Trucks and the East Coast Flathead Ford Racing Association will be the support series.

Hickory Motor Speedway General Manager, Kevin Piercy stated, “The fans got a taste of the Southern Modifieds at the CARS X-1R ProCup Series race last year and we are excited to bring them back in 2014”.

Racing action for the “KOMA Unwind Modified Madness Series” kicks off in just a few weeks so make plans to see the inaugural Southern Modified Race Tour event on March 22 at Hickory Motor Speedway.

For more information on this event and the “KOMA Unwind Modified Madness Series”, check us out at www.southernmodtour.com, Facebook and Twitter or www.hickorymotorspeedway.com.

David, you should frequent the front page here. I had this story up for over a week....
    http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/20...ews030914a.htm
    And the series info is on the left with all the other tour series' on the front page here.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

I know Richie. Not everyone knows to look under SMRT when looking for KOMA. Sorry, just trying to help. Won't happen again.
    Last edited by NC Mudcat; 03-17-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Mudcat View Post
    I know Richie. Not everyone knows to look under SMRT when looking for KOMA. Sorry, just trying to help. Won't happen again.
    I meant the story was posted on the front page.
    Additional info is posted under the side area.
    And no problem with posting, just have seen occasional PR's posted in the forum when they have been already posted on the webpage. It seems some come here but never view the webpage and that is where the news is!
    Oh, and it is listed under SMRT only because that is the sanctioning body.
    I am going to change it to SMRT KOMA, that may help.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

cashcad45

I see on KOMA's facebook pagethey announced Jeremy Mayfield will be warming up a mod. Don't know if I'd be bragging about that. This series seems to get sketchier by the minute.

I believe KOMA was Jeremy's sponsor on his team when he got into trouble with Nascar, probably has an association there. About all they need is 15 mods, anything more is a bonus, and I believe they will get that. At least 75 percent of the tour is not at one track *cough* Caraway*cough*. Tim Brown is going to run all the races in the 02 car. I plan on going to Hickory .

Thread Information