Thread: 10 Modifieds ???????????

10 Modifieds ???????????

Whats going on @ Riverhead ?
    Owners & Officials must be Pi$$ing off alot of DRIVERS !

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Mergl View Post
    Whats going on @ Riverhead ?
    Owners & Officials must be Pi$$ing off alot of DRIVERS !
    Hey Rich.
    Let me ask you .... Who puts on the show at the track?
    The owners? Nope
    The tires? Nope
    The officials? Nope
    Take a guess.....
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Must be, I believe the Fortins were sat down about a month ago. So yes I am sure there done. I heard a rumor that they have also pissed of others Sap, the Solomitos and I am sure others, rumor has it that they are going to go to the VMS series. Yes, pretty sad 10 modifieds. With some of them being guys who usually dont run. Pretty bad when you have to put cars with drivers that dont run in the series in the field just to make the field look bigger.RVH is never going to get it. The stands are empty, car counts are down, food prices are ridiculous, etc, etc. I think maybe its time for the Cromartys to move on and enjoy retirement. I posted on a thread i started that no one really answered that I am done going on a weekly basis. I am not going to pay what it costs to get in to watch 9-10 per division with the exception of the legends and blunderbusts to run. I am a mod fan so it is no longer worth it to me. I will save my money and go to the tour show and maybe a show or two up north.

I must say and I have said it for quite a while now, and did not want to believe it, it looks as if the end is near.

Another rumor I heard is that Ed Partridge wants to or has purchased the speedway and wants to build another one in another location close by and shut RVH down. I can only say I hope the rumor comes to be in that maybe being a race team owner himself, he can do something to bring cars and have a track on long island that you can see some good racing, the way it used to be.

Not feeling the "end is near" scenario myself. This has been rumors for years.
    No new track will ever be built on Long Island, ever.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Got to agree "no new track going to be built on Long Island, ever". The land is just too valuable. This can probably be said for most of New England too.

According to their own email, they are charging $30 for Saturday mights show...school bus demo, modifieds, legends, figure 8's, blunderbust and a 4/6 cylender enduro. Is that worth $30? Not for me to come all the way from Nassau county. It is a very sad situation there.

Its not worth $30 to drive from riverhead to the track for that show never mind from nassau county.
    Last edited by RACENUT; 07-18-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Well, judging from the crowd, the track made a pretty penny last night, place was packed, which is good, but only because of the school bus demo, which was pretty good and those guys put on a good show. The fig 8's also pleased the crowd when (and only when) they got it going and there was some excitement at the X. Sadly the time it took between yellows and unhooking cars from each other took the wind out off their sails.

Tommy Rogers victory donut was one for the ages!!! He had the field covered.

Maybe it's time to consolidate the Enduro divisions. They are not really enduro cars/trucks anymore, but more street stocks. Anybody who wants to get into racing with a limited budget will certainly be reluctant because you just can't take a gut and go car/truck and start racing. The track should have clamped down on the rules and how far you can go with putting money into these cars.

Just my own opinion here of course!!!

Thread Information