Aug 1 - Beech Ridge

TBA - Waterford

Aug 22 - Monadnock

Aug 29 - Oxford

September 4.- Stafford

TBA - Waterford

Oct 10/11 - Lee

October 17 - Thompson ( 50 laps)
    Last edited by limodmaniac; 12-07-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Unofficial schedule posted above

Look at all the NASCAR tracks that accept Whelen and NASCAR money and they give it to a SH!T paying tour like the MRS.

The MRS sets Modified racing back 30 years and so do the teams that support racing for SH!T purses.

100 Laps for $2,000 to win what a joke. JC the SK's at Stafford run 40 Laps for $1,800 to win.

If the above tracks want to enjoy the Whelen money NASCAR should make it mandatory that the above tracks run a WHELEN Modified TOUR EVENT.

I'm always surprised that Star Speedway/VMRS can't come together on a race. They would seem to be a good match for one another.

"The MRS sets Modified racing back 30 years and so do the teams that support racing for SH!T purses."

Really? Tell that to Art Barry and a whole host of WMT drivers that race on that tour.

Modified racing was way healthier 30 years ago..I'd love to go back.

The Tour is pricing itself into 2-3 track club affair. Get mad at me all you want but ask all those Whelen All-American tracks

why they don't have the WMT on the schedule.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Rumor has it that the VMRS races scheduled for Airborne and Devils Bowl are NOT happening. Supposed to be a story in Area Auto Racing News this week about it.

Quote Originally Posted by uticamike View Post
    "The MRS sets Modified racing back 30 years and so do the teams that support racing for SH!T purses."

Really? Tell that to Art Barry and a whole host of WMT drivers that race on that tour.

Modified racing was way healthier 30 years ago..I'd love to go back.

The Tour is pricing itself into 2-3 track club affair. Get mad at me all you want but ask all those Whelen All-American tracks

why they don't have the WMT on the schedule.
    That's because the MRS and ROC undercut the WMT purses and run for nothing.

The tracks that do run the WMT are very successfully tracks that know how to promote and find sponsorship to run the Tour. The other tracks want the competitors to pay the purse.

The MRS and ROC Tour owners make money on the Tires, Gas, Entry fees and a huge back gate fee . Who pays the purse on those 2 Modified Tours ? The teams do.

Just how many WMT drivers run full time on the MRS ?

The WMT drivers use the MRS for seat time that's about it.

Art won $5,000 for winning the title. WOW ! 1975 all over again.

How much did the team in 15th in points receive on the WMT ? You know all their is about Modifieds and should be able to inform all of us.

Please tell us how the MRS and the ROC running for 1975 purses and point funds helps the Modifieds survive.

That's why the Modifieds have declined.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD11RACER View Post

Please tell us how the MRS and the ROC running for 1975 purses and point funds helps the Modifieds survive.
    If we all ran one tour how exciting would that be ? and do you think most modified teams can afford to compete with the big $$ teams ? The more teams that can afford to run the better and the more modifieds that race the longer we survive .

If we all worked together and supported each other maybe things could be better.

I like Nascar for what it does for our sport but I also like MRS for what it does for our teams. I for one would like to run some Nascar races but I can afford to run MRS races and yeah maybe the purse isn't what some others run for but it cost me a lot less to run .
    SPEED IS ALL YOU NEED

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbs-up.png 
Views:	239 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	2737
    Good point Dan......
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Thread Information