Thread: Headers for the truck series????????????????????????

Headers for the truck series????????????????????????

Who in the truck series is into getting regular headers and 3 inch exaust for our trucks. I think this should be a rule we can bring to the officals so maybe we can get rid of those junk manifolds and those 59.00 junk stock header.
    Chris Turbush

Chris,What would be the advantage?

Just easier for teams. Those manifolds are back in the day stuff that never should have been in the rules. Those are enduro truck ****. So are those 59.00 headers they let us use. The flanges bend and you have an exaust leak every week. This is a rule we should of always had for the trucks. We are still in the 90s rules.
    Chris Turbush

I don't understand how changing the exhaust in every truck in the whole division would make thigs easier and thats not factoring in the cost.It would have to cost in th $5-$6 hundred dollar range.But the question is how would it improve the racing or benefit the class?Just asking.

Well you could keep your old exaust i never said you had to get rid of it loll. The ones who want to move into 2013 would like a racing exaust and if you cant afford it dont race lollll. I never said it would improve racing it will just make it like a race truck instead of a street truck. The ones we race are GARBAGE period.. Like going from Steel bodies to after market bodies. Did that improve racing??? No it just made it easier. lol. We switched from stock upper a frames back in the day to tubular WHY? Did the racing get better????? lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Nope just made it easier and up to date. But its really a moot point cause some official doesn't want to change any of the old rules in the old divisions. We are stuck in the old age at riverhead.
    Chris Turbush

hey randy, if you would like to come help change my header gaskets after every night it would be nice, since it blows out my gaskets every week with these cheap headers. All the cuts on my hands that are involved due to the fact that it is NOT easy to do every week and costs me at least $50 in gaskets each week!!! for $59 headers its NOT worth it. Just listen to my truck as it goes past, you will see. I took my headers to Richie carman and he said my flanges are straight but they are way too thin on these cheapo headers. So save money with these cheap headers has actually cost me a pretty penny when you add up all the gaskets I have been buying in the last 2 years!!! If you have a solution for me let me know at the track, cause I am all ears on trying lol (ps I am on my 3rd set of gaskets this year already, blew a set at Waterford and the first practice)

Well here we are!!!!

Thread Information