Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMRT Race Cancellation

SMRT Race Cancellation

Canceling a Friday race on Tuesday due to weather forecast...hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    Canceling a Friday race on Tuesday due to weather forecast...hmm...
    Yeah.....Hmmmmm

Wait, there was supposed to be a race???

This week they were inconsiderate...waited until Wednesday!

I imagine PASS wishes they had cancelled Friday night's mod race. Only 8 cars racing for $3000 to win. That tour probably won't last much longer.

Did they shorten the race? I saw it was advertised for 125 laps. I also saw they "aren't keeping track of points for the first year."

Quote Originally Posted by NC Mudcat View Post
    I imagine PASS wishes they had cancelled Friday night's mod race. Only 8 cars racing for $3000 to win. That tour probably won't last much longer.
    I'm beginning to wonder if any southern modified tour will be around next year. Divide and die.....

Let’s look at this so far, shall we?

NSWMT:

3/12 – 16
    4/2 – 17
    4/9 – 12
    4/14 – 14

Average: 14.8

SMRT:

4/24 – 10

PASS:

5/27 – 17
    6/17 – 9

Average: 13

Bowman Gray

5/7 - 24
    5/14 - 17
    5/28 – 20
    6/11 - 20
    6/18 – 21

Average – 20.4

(need to update)

Bowman Gray 6/11 was 20 (RGee)

Referencing the tour numbers....if one were to combine all the "touring" cars in to one series you'd have a full field. I try to hit all the NWSMT races and have for years but even for a die hard like me it's hard to make a case for making a run out of town for 12 cars.

SMRT calls off races a week in advance......the once promising PASS tour is giving the mods about the same exposure as a nun's underwear.....and NASCAR won't pay enough to make up for all the tour "requirements". In other words.....it appears that no southern tour is "healthy". The answer? I don't know. I do know it's easier to sell 26 cars as a touring series to a fan base.

The PASS mod race at Hickory in March (Easter Bunny race) had 24 cars, so that should mess up the averages a little bit. However, that race drew half the cars from up north, so it was not a realistic number. I don't know the right answer, but think it is apparent most southern mods only want to, or only can, run at the stadium, and unfortunately, that is where the tours end. Many have tried to have a successful tour, but it has not happened. I am sure others will try, but it does not look like a good idea based on past experiences.

Trouble is...they used to want to run other places than BGS....and they did for a while. Purses went down as time went by and it no longer made sense to travel. Now....many on the NWSMT don't run BGS....and many BGS regs won't run anywhere else. NASCAR requirements add to the increasing tour costs. It's hard to see what PASS is trying to do with the mods because one hardly ever hears anything about any of the races...before...during...or after.

I really think more money is the answer for the NASCAR deal......and they need to keep in mind these aren't Cup teams with bottomless pockets.

Just heard Burt say he was not going to the Smart race at Hickory or any other Smart races until his issues with them are resolved. He has not been paid for the Franklin County race in April. That doesn't look good for them. He said they are going to the PASS race at Wake County instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jElz...ature=youtu.be

He has not been paid for the Franklin County race in April. That doesn't look good for them.
    Understatement of the day. If they aren't paying the purse they are done....or should be.

I'm giving PASS one more shot....I will hit the Wake County race if for no other reason than I've been wanting to see that track.

Looks like a good old fashioned pissing contest is about to unfold. SMRT and PASS are going head to head on Saturday. Who goes where and who doesn't go at all? No event save for BGS has full fields and now we split those willing to travel even farther.

NWSMT at Caraway had 12 cars.

What a mess.

PASS at Wake County.....8 cars.....20 bucks.

It's gonna have to get better than that before I learn to like it.
    Last edited by Racer1_NC; 07-03-2016 at 01:40 AM.

Thread Information