Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: another new series

another new series

I see the"modified touring series " has announced a race at Seekonk next year.

Getting to be like the south with all the tours!

NWMT, VMRS, MTS, TRI-TRACK, OPEN SHOWS and if you want to add RoC, something has to break somewhere..
    With traveling now to the south with the NWMT, will some move to VMRS or MTS.
    Will MTS draw cars from VMRS.
    Will MTS draw new drivers to a touring modified division.
    I think someone is going to hurt in 2017. Even though EVERY YEAR many complain about the NWMT and say they are dying and going to be gone each year, I think they won't be the one to suffer.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

All I know is VMRS thought they had 14 races two weeks ago. Now its only 12. I don't see them drawing a full field outside of Stafford. Stafford will always draw a full field regardless of the banner a touring series falls under. I think the VMRS is dead man walking. I'd almost rather see tour type cars run weekly at one track than have all these series.

I see Tommy Baldwin is out of the Cup Ownership. Racing is tough all around these days.

Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    NWMT, VMRS, MTS, TRI-TRACK, OPEN SHOWS and if you want to add RoC, something has to break somewhere..
    With traveling now to the south with the NWMT, will some move to VMRS or MTS.
    Will MTS draw cars from VMRS.
    Will MTS draw new drivers to a touring modified division.
    I think someone is going to hurt in 2017. Even though EVERY YEAR many complain about the NWMT and say they are dying and going to be gone each year, I think they won't be the one to suffer.
    Well, I think the NWMT will suffer, but it won't be from the MTS, it will be from it's own incompetence.

The MTS isn't any better option for modified teams than the MRS is, as both offer teams low-ball purses. The only thing MTS has going for it is that it's new and hasn't acquired a reputation yet, although when you stage a 15k to win race and need SK lite cars to break 20 cars, that isn't exactly a great sign of things to come.

Thread Information