Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Martinsville

Martinsville

Interesting that the NASCAR web site is showing that on 9-29-2017 is being listed as the 1st time a race was held under the lights. I seem to remember being there and have a poster of the 9-3-2005 mod race under lights. Yes, they were temporary but still the 1st under the lights.

This year was first under fixed lighting. We may see the lights on Sunday if weather doesn't cooperate. Also, they had about 30,000 fans turn out out for the night race last month. They set the bar high for fan turnout. Loudon will be hard pressed to get that kind of crowd for the 250 next Sept. A lot of buzz on the streets though for that one.

Loudon is only looking for 12,000 to 15,000 for the 250 lap Modified race next year.

They hope that increases for the 2019 race and in future 250 Modified races at Loudon.

They are looking at the 250 lap Modified race to grow in attendance each year.

This is a great chance for all of Modified country to anchor a big weekend. I would hope everyone can support this race.

I know we can't bring back the real ROC at Pocono, but this could be the closest thing to those great race weekends if we all support this race.

I know that's a big IF.

Phil Kurze of Whelen said this week that the 2018 season would be starting in late March. Well, the Martinsville cup weekend is March 24-25. Fingers crossed that he was talking about Martinsville. you
    Last edited by BigMac; 11-11-2017 at 07:21 PM.

That would be great if true. Doubt they would run under the lights that early in the season though.

Was at the first Martinsville race under the lights, it was pretty damn special seeing them tour the track under the lights. Can only be better with the permanent LED lighting they have now

Thread Information