Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 TCH Contest Results

2021 TCH Contest Results

Here are the results after the first race.

We had 10 horses in the gate to start. We're missing two of our stalwarts, Jeff and JustWinBaby - hopefully they will join us.

Martinsville was a conundrum for us pickers. It had been relatively predictable, with few outliers. This race had some surprise entrants...plus a number of incidents that took out contenders. For the first time that I can recall - EVERY person got at least one zero.

That kept the scoring low. Mod11Racer and I had the best regular score with 36. Only four players had regular scores in the 30's even (the average was below it). Bonus points propelled me to the early lead. Blake is in 2nd place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mville2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	2817

Name:	mville.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	2818

*Note - MJ Procko should have a 10 point deduction for being slightly late in getting the picks in during the practice session. I have noted it, but not assessed at this time.

Stafford 1 Results

Well that was a veritable train wreck.

Blake was the only one to get pole points. That should have been a sign that things were going to go sideways.

Coby, Bonsignore, Silk, McLaughlin, and Preece all finishing 11th or worse doomed our scores for the week.

It was nearly 9 points lower on average than the first race - despite having 7 or so less cars to choose from. And it was less deviant - meaning we were consistently worse. Every player who picked both races did worse in the 2nd.

(JustWinBaby should be in 10th. There is a spreadsheet glitch that will fix itself once he gets another race result).

Name:	staff1_detail.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	2819Click image for larger version. 

Name:	staff1.JPG 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	2820

I was asleep in my hauler and missed the driver's meeting. I accept my penalty.

Race #3 - Riverhead

Normally Riverhead is a critical race in our year-long challenge. Typically the player who can identify the “Riverhead local” that does well can be successful.

Well, this week none of them were. And a number of us loaded up on them. Coupled with Preece doing poorly, and we had some low weeks. We also saw a fair amount of people getting pole points.

Blake and JustWinBaby took the week title with 30 points. This helped Blake ascend to the top of the rankings. Mod11Racer is two points behind and would be the overall leader if not for the aforementioned pole points.

Jennerstown is next…and I suspect we might finally see some higher points.

Name:	rvhed1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	2821

Name:	postrvhed1.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	2822

Jtown to the max

Jennerstown provided a return to normalcy. Big points (everyone got 36 or more). To provide a frame of reference - 36 points had only been attained TWICE so far this season. Not to mention - every entrant scored points for qualifying. So - good job!

This is partially attributed (in my opinion) to a sparse entry field. There were only 20 drivers. Every driver picked, except for one, finished 11th or better. (There were none of those dreaded 1 point 14th place efforts).

TourMods ascended to the lead on the strength of 55 points. To show how tight the field is, Blake dropped from 1st to 7th.

Racing returns in 2 Saturdays.

Name:	jtown solo.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	2823

Name:	jtown all.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	2824

Jennerstown Revised

This is why I need you all to "check my math." An astute participant noticed that his pole points were not being added in.

Upon further inspection - nobody had them added in! They were part of the sorting criteria, but excised from the formula for points.

This had an impact as it moved RBH to the top of the scoring pylon.

Have a good day,
    -Mike

Name:	jtown all_r.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	2825

try it again folks

okay - i will take some time to vet the technical gremlins after next race.

The TOTALS after drop in the first one were correct, but the totals before drop were not.

These are unofficial for now.

Name:	jtownr2.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	2826

Oswego Results

A bizarre week of picks to match a bizarre week where one of our stalwarts was off defending the honour of NASCAR's oldest division.

Coby's absence with a substitute, Preece+Hirschman showing up, broke up some of the predictability. We saw varied scores, with the highest standard deviation of the year to date (and guess what - Riverhead is next).

Our point leader (TourMods) submitted twice. Luckily for him they netted the same total! That could have been catastrophic (only the later submission is counted).
    Our 2nd place point sitter (Mod11Racer) decided to pull a Coby and sit out. This plummeted him to 8th in the standings.

The new standings find a 3-way tie for 2nd. There are 5 people within 20 points of our leader.

Short turnaround this week- so make sure to get your picks in!

Name:	oswego.jpg 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	2827

Name:	post oswego.JPG 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	2828

Race #6 - Riverhead

Some fun facts from the Riverhead results.

All 11 participants got pole points. 10 of those from Bonsignore, 1 from Coby.
    All 11 participants had a driver who did not finish in the Top 15. Unfortunately 6 had 2 drivers who didn't, and thus got the double zero.

This meant that the results were bimodal. Five participants scored between 44 and 49, led by our fearless point leader with 49. The six with two zeroes all got between 30 and 36.

TourMods stretched his lead slightly and now has a month to thumb his nose at us...as we impatiently await New Hampshire.

Name:	rvrhd2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	2829

Name:	rvrhd2post.JPG 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	2830

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    A bizarre week of picks to match a bizarre week where one of our stalwarts was off defending the honour of NASCAR's oldest division.

Coby's absence with a substitute, Preece+Hirschman showing up, broke up some of the predictability. We saw varied scores, with the highest standard deviation of the year to date (and guess what - Riverhead is next).

Our point leader (TourMods) submitted twice. Luckily for him they netted the same total! That could have been catastrophic (only the later submission is counted).
    Our 2nd place point sitter (Mod11Racer) decided to pull a Coby and sit out. This plummeted him to 8th in the standings.

The new standings find a 3-way tie for 2nd. There are 5 people within 20 points of our leader.

Short turnaround this week- so make sure to get your picks in!

Name:	oswego.jpg 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	2827

Name:	post oswego.JPG 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	2828
    Sorry about the mix-up leading to me not scoring any points. I was traveling and my wife did put may picks in under the first TourMods entry and forgot to say that entry was for Mod11racer. I wonder if she did that on purpose. LOL

Hmm. what do we think folks? this seems like we should allow it...

No issues here.

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    Hmm. what do we think folks? this seems like we should allow it...
    No issues here.

It shall be resolved with the points totals from the next race

No issues Here

Thread Information