Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Race Results

2022 Race Results

And we're off!

Justin finished dead last, which hurt most of us.

Two participants eclipsed 40 points. Mod11Racer is out to a one point lead over JustWinBaby.

All but 3 got pole points by trusting Big Money's pole prowess.

Results are below.

ALSO - some exciting news will be published prior to next race!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post new smyrna.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	2848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new smyrna.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	2849  

Bump so the thread doesn't disappear

Race #2 - Richmond

The deviation was less for this race - albeit not by much. Stevie took the W for the week with 35 points. There were 2 34's and a 33 nipping at the heels.

Regretfully for Scott and myself - we each scored 23 points.

We are now in "drop land", where the lowest of the 2 races is dropped. It makes the standing wonky at least through the next race.

Stevie and JustWinBaby have the most race points, with 70. But only one of those races count, and it excludes pole points. Three of our participants are 2 for 2 already this year on poles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	richmond.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	2850

Name:	post richmond.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	2851

Now we sit for almost 6 weeks...and then we have back to back to back.

Thumbs up Exciting news

And - to make this a little sweeter this year...

we have had an anonymous donor step up to the plate.

This person has allocated the following funds for the podium finishers:
    1ST $250
    2ND $100
    3RD $50

In addition, there may be some for those further back. This will be worked out as the season progresses. (The donor was presuming we would have 12 entrants, but looks like we will have 10 - so the rest needs to be worked out).

Thank you for playing!!!

bump so the thread does not disappear

Where did Stafford go?

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Where did Stafford go?
    If I had more foresight I would have included it. I think it would have been fun to have that race as part of the schedule

Race 3 - Riverhead

Riverhead is always one of the most unique for our contest, as "locals" play a part in it. (I expect we will see the same at Wall). This was true with 5 of the 15 points paying positions coming from that group.

Also, being that it is the 3rd race, which means the drop is more reasonably used - tends to shake up the order.

Nobody got pole points. (With that preface though I will add going forward - if qualifying is rained out, and the order is set on practice, i am still going to award pole points).

The overall order saw some changes as per the above comments regarding the drop. It almost exclusively follows the results from this race - as those who scored well...almost singularly scored their highest scores to date.
    TourMods has a 1 point lead over bobgabes, with RBH 2 behind that. JustWinBaby has the most points overall, but is lacking in the pole points column.
    The top 7 are all within 7 points. We'll see if it stays that way with 2 more races in the next 2 weeks.

Name:	postrvr.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	2852

Name:	rvrh1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	2853

Race # 4 Results

Man oh man - this race gave me a workout. I think more people used alternates in this race than altogether before combined. 5 people used them, as noted by a dash.

With a short field, and every picked driver finishing in the top 10, our scores were very tight. In fact, the lone outlier was myself - who forgot to update his picks and ended up with 2 drivers who didn't run (thus getting a 0 for one spot). If you take away mine, the standard deviation goes down to 2.1!

The top 7 are separated by 8 points...we'll see what comes out of Jennerstown.

Name:	post lee.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	2854

Name:	lee.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	2855

Race 5 Results

Well that was scary for a few days as the website went down. Thank goodness it occurred after the race and during a lull between races.

IF that happens again - e-mail me your picks. It is my screenname for this board with the domain @hotmail.com

As to the Jennerstown results. It was close - and we were bad. (Not surprising given the top 5 results)

Out of the 50 picks only two got into double digits.

JustWinBaby took the win and vaulted from 4th to the overall lead. His average is 2.4 points per race higher than the nearest competitor.

Going into this race the top 7 were separated by 8 points. And that is still the case. But the top 6 are separated by 5 points!

Name:	jtown.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	2856

Name:	post jtown.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	2857

Post Monadnock

Well that was an exciting race.

Big difference in our results if Matt held on versus Justin.

Either way, very consistent picks - all of us within 8 points.

RBH and Scott tied for the most points with 48.

Another short week - back to the island this coming weekend.

Name:	monad.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	2858

Name:	post monad.JPG 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	2859

Race #7 - Riverhead #2

My how this contest can be fickle sometimes.

The first Riverhead race we collectively averaged 33.5. Round 2 found our lowest score to be 34. The standard deviation was less than half (and was the 2nd race in a row where it was under 4).

This week’s scoring was (generally speaking) influenced by whether you had Coby winning. Because 1st place is weighted the heaviest, his 10th place finish only netted 6 points. The other choice (Bonsignore) netted 14 points.

Bobgabes kept his perch up top. But there was a lot of battling right behind that to get within 5 points, TourMods and Stevie used high scores for the week to do so. Stevie was also one of only 3 players to get any points for pole this week.

The top 4 of the contest are averaging within 0.1 points of each other for the season. JustWinBaby actually has the highest average, but the pole gap continues to be a challenge. He got 3 points this week for that to at least shave some of the impediment.

Have a great 4th and then talk to you from the Jersey Shore!

Name:	post rvrh2.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	2860

Name:	rvrh2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	2861

Post Race #8 - Wall

Man oh man - the last time the Tour visited Wall it was a disaster for us. Chaos reigned.

This time it was the opposite - for the most part it followed chalk.
    - it was by far the highest average for the season (by almost 2.5 points). Only 4 picks (out of 50) scored zero.
    - 2nd lowest standard deviation for the season
    - Mod11Racer took the week with the highest score so far this year (by 5 points). This catapulted him into 2nd place. The top 5 are split by 9 points.
    - probably the only thing we did poorly? Pole points - only 2 people got any points...and that was for 2nd place. One of them was JustWinBaby who no longer is in the basement in that category.

Name:	wall.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	2862

Name:	post wall.JPG 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	2863

Post Race #9 Results

We were bad. In fact, we were the worst we have been all season. Our average eclipsed Jennerstown as the lowest. We were also consistently bad, with one of the lowest standard deviations of the season to date.

Scott took the win. A number of the rest of us had lowest score season to date, which meant some adjusting with regard to drops.

Four people got pole points, which also helped to do some shuffling. It pushed bobgabes to a bit further lead - let's see if it's too far out and we can draft up to catch him!

Name:	nhis.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	2864

Name:	post nhis.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	2865

Race#10 - Claremont Results

Overall the group did pretty well. Part might be due to the short field, but I'll instead chalk it up to expert level picking. All (save for myself) scored 38 or more. In fact, if you excluded my score it would have been the 2nd lowest standard deviation of the season.

Mod11Racer and RBH led the week with 46 points. Each of those were important.

It brought RBH into a 3-way tie for 4th, only 2 points out of 3rd.
    Mod11Racer clawed to within 3 points of bobgabes. Bob once again managed to get pole points, which kept the lead safe…for this week. Speaking of 3 points, Bobgabes min score is 31. Mod11’s is 28. This could be relevant down the stretch in case a “min score” gets supplanted.

Name:	cmont.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	2866

Name:	post cmont.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	2867
    Enjoy the break…it’s back hot and heavy after that!

Thread Information