Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2023 TCH Contest Results Thread

2023 TCH Contest Results Thread

Welcome to another season, y’all!

Qualifying was cancelled for the race – so no points were awarded for that aspect.

Also, because of that and because it was the first race – I have waived the penalty points. Don’t think it will happen all the time!

Overall the distribution was pretty tight. Only 12 point disparity from first to last.

Crazy symmetry in picks (which is atypical for such a large field. Eight picked Hirschman with two picking Coby. Amusingly, seven of the eight had Coby as 2nd.

Stevie jumped off to the lead – two points out in front.
    Stevie Goodyear 44
    Bobgabes 42
    MOD11Racer 42
    Blake 40
    RBH 39
    Moa57 34
    Scott 34
    MJ Procko 34
    Fastbackss 33
    TourMods 32
    JustWinBaby

Now we are off for a long time. Enjoy the respite!

TourMods – you submitted two picks, so I had to use the latter of the two…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smyrna.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	2880

Bump so it doesn't disappear

Race 2 - Richmond

Richmond had some twists and turns. The same could be said for our pool.

We had quite the spread. JustWinBaby took the week, one of only 3 players to get above 30. This helps given it was Justwin's 1st race of the year.

Success was partially driven by "how high did you have Hirschman finishing." That followed by Coby. Both were uncharacteristically low.

Pole points started being awarded - 5 players got some for Justin TT'ing 2nd.

Lastly, no penalty points again this race. That will change once we get into the regular schedule. The only change here was that bobgabes pole points will be taken away because qualifying had already occurred. This will deduct 3 from his total below.

See ya in a month.

Name:	richmond.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	2881

Name:	post richmond.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	2882

bump to keep alive

Race #3 Results

Another strong showing by JustWinBaby - entered 2 races so far and has won both. Scott tied for the win this week.

There's a logjam at the top of the standings, with 4 drivers within 4 points.

Name:	mondad.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	2883

Name:	post monad.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	2884
    Other notes:
    - after much consternation since last race, I went back and added penalty points from Race 2 for the late entries. I specifically said I would, so I couldn't in good conscience renege. This affected Blake and Bobgabes. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss.
    - TourMods - once again you had 2 entries. I have to use the later one. Not sure why this keeps happening, unless you had a change of heart. Let me know if something is amiss.

I’m okay with the penalty

Traveling much of the week for work - may not get to score Riverhead before Lee

Riverhead 1

Pole points abound!

All but 2 got pole points for Riverhead.

Mod11Racer took the W for the week on the strength of nailing 3 of the 5 positions. Blake and Stevie also exceeded 40 points.

Name:	rvrh1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	2885

Name:	rvrh1p.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	2886

Lee

Lee brought us little variety. Only 8 points separated first from last for the week. By far the lowest standard deviation race of the season.

Stevie has a 5 point cushion at the quarter pole. RBH is hanging tough, partially with a spate of pole points. Blake and Scott are also within 10 points.

Name:	lee.jpg 
Views:	39 
ID:	2887

Name:	post lee.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	2888

Seekonk

Wow - the lowest score in this race would have won all but one other week. This is somewhat expected when it's a short field, that runs virtually as predicted. Riverhead could change it up a bit this week if there are some locals.

That low score was 47. The highest was 57, by our leader. Stevie has put a mild gap on the field, bringing the lead up to 10 points.

It's tight beyond that. 2nd through 5th are split by 4 points. 6th through 9th are split by 3 points.

Name:	seekonk.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	2889

Name:	post rvrh2.jpg 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	2890

Post Mike Ewanitsko 200

Overall this race was a drastic improvement over the first Riverhead race (more than 6 points so on average).

If this was figure skating rules (high and low thrown out) it would also have been the lowest standard deviation race of the season so far.

Because of that there was little movement. The center "batch" got a bit tighter. TourMods was the only one to get any pole points. This, plus an above average week, got TM back to within 10 of the rest of the field.

We go to another track where regulars come into play (Wall). I sense this could be an interesting one; let's see if folks go off the board at all.

Name:	post rvrh2.jpg 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	2891

Name:	rvrh2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	2892

Race #8 - post wall stadium

It was somewhat expected (by me anyway), but the races with "lots of locals" usually create the most variability. Wall took the crown from Riverhead for the most deviant race so far.

Interestingly (again, to me) is that there was essentially 3 distinct populations. 47+, roughly 40, and then roughly 30.

Those who didn't pick Jimmy tended to be the highest. Mod11Racer did not pick him, and scored the highest for the week with 53.

This also moved Mod11 to the overall lead.
    Scott was the biggest moved, jumping from 6th overall to 3rd.

Name:	post wall.jpg 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	2893

Name:	wall.jpg 
Views:	33 
ID:	2894

Race #9 - post NHIS

I lost my eyebrows when scoring NHIS race.

Far and above the best scoring of the season to date. EIGHT scored 50 or more. (Blake did, but lost five points due to late submission). Let's look at this

Name:	nhis.jpg 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	2896
    RBH and Bobgabes each got all 5 - with two positions swapped
    Stevie and Moa each got all 5 - just "out of order"
    Blake got 4 of the 5...in the exact position no less.

This had a substantial swing in the standings.

Stevie went back to the top.
    RBH and Moa each ascended two positions.
    Mod11 dropped to 4th.

Name:	post nhis.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	2895

Race #10 - Lancaster

Very tight results, as to be expected with a short field and most of the big names finishing in the top 8.
    7 of the 11 of us had over 50. All scored 43 or higher.
    Stevie took the win for the week...with some luck as had mistakenly picked Emerling (who did not race). Luckily the "sub" came through.

Name:	lancaster.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	2897

Name:	post lancaster.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	2898

Race #11 - Thompson

Got a bit of variety back this week. Most of that came can be attributed to those who picked Matt and thus got a zero for that.

The top of the standings is now a tie. Moa57 tied for high score for the week, which pushed up to be with Stevie (who still got a nice 52 score for the week).

JustWinBaby tied for the high score of the week, which moved into the "2nd tier" of folks.

Really starting to see some separation between the groups.

Name:	post thomps1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	2899

Name:	thomps1.jpg 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	2900

Thread Information