Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nascar License

Fireitinthere

Nascar License

I sent mine in some time ago and nothing yet. Anybody else in the same boat? Heard a rumor that Nascar was having some problems with getting them out to members because of a misprint in the rules. I guess almighty Nascar doesn't want to spend double postage sending the license by itself and rule book (that nobody reads) by itself.

same boat

I mailed mine in Jan., didn't receive it yet???
    Always keep smiling !!!!!!!!!!

Angry

I'm saying the same thing, what the ----?

ChampTeamDesign
    I recEIved mine a month ago..
    Last edited by W. Johnston; 03-30-2005 at 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling

I haven't received mine yet, but I know that they didn't waste any time cashing my check! It's been almost a month since they did that!

Jeff, I'm in the same boat as you, and I think it is sinking, lol.
    "keep the faith"

allhailunc
    Same here-check cashed but no license-mebbe Helton needed some burger money?

Jones44
    They cashed my check over a month ago, and no license yet, but I'm not going to worry. I honestly don't remember the last time I was asked to produce my license at the sign-in window, certainly it hasn't been in the last few years. For all they know I could just be writing some random numbers in the box for license #.

or perhaps they think you actually work on a car just kiddin

Jones44
    Been there, done that. Glad to be on the other side of the fence again.

I mailed my application in to Nascar in Jan., and they cashed my check toO. And I haven't recEIved the license yet either.. but I called Nascar and they said that they were mailing them out on Monday the 21st.. and I still haven't recEIved it..
    RIP
    ~66~ ~7ny~
    ~ 1 Racin Rich ~

I have heard the same thing about licenses taking longer than usual this year. If you sent it in to Florida a long time ago and have not received it yet, make sure to call them before warm ups and have them at least fax you a receipt. By the way Jones, apparently you are someone I must know and trust, if I haven't asked you to produce your license at the sign-in window. However, due to your comment, I will have to insist that everyone produce a license or receipt at the window, regardless of who they are. We tried to be a little friendlier last year. I guess you can't trust everyone. It just takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch I guess. If anyone has any legitimate concerns or problems, you can e-mail me at ch7296@msn.com and I will be happy to answer your questions. See you all soon.

Christine

allhailunc
    Is it being a "rotten apple" pointing out the fact that, yes, while the fine folks at the window have trusted us for quite some time, there is a severe lack of security in checking for licenses? There are quite a few people "roaming" the pit area that really shouldn't be there (no licenses, underage, etc.) and this causes a comment by my son to be taken as "rotten apple"? Personally, I have no problem with producing my license (when and if I ever get the damn thing) to anyone who asks for it. Hey Jones, why don't you mention that there are only a few of us that go into the pit area for whatever the reason, that actually wear our pit passes where they can be visibly seen, and have been thanked by management & security alike.

Jones44
    It's not just you Christine, none of the folks who've been at the sign-in window in the last couple years have asked to see my license. I have no problem showing it every time I go to sign in, as long as those who don't have licenses are kept out (which has not been done very well lately).

Eyeinthesky
    Mine took nine weeks to get. So I called and they told me the rule book wasn't done yet, not a misprint as previously stated.There were many changes in the rules for the top divisions, Cup, Busch. etc..., that they took longer than expected. Plus the two hurricanes caused some grief for the printer as well. I am told the roof blew off the building and everything was destroyed.

My suggestion is to contact NASCAR and ask them to fax a receipt.

PS: Hey Imperial Blues, more tests planned, thanks for your concern.

Thread Information