Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock or race cars?

JCenduro

Stock or race cars?

I would like to say congrats to all who competed in the monsoon and completed the race. I watched the race from the grandstands and I was very impressed with the quality of racing that took place. As I was standing there getting soaked, I was watching the large car enduro and I noticed that there were a couple cars out there that I thought were far from stock. I know the #25 black metric Monte Carlo, that came with a 305 4bbl at best. How does that out run a Camaro/Firebird? with a 350 4bbl. I know the #25 was a DQ for another infraction, but that had more than a 305 in it. Next was the #177. I don't know who was driving it, but next time someone should tell him to pull the street stock motor out and keep it stock. Last but not least, the#41. Joe Jentile. I know Joe and have raced with Joe for years and he is a great competitor. I do believe Joe comes to the track prepared, and is always there at the end. As I watched Joe lap after lap, he was flying past cars that I felt were running decent. I think there should be a way to tech these cars to make sure they are stock, year, make and model. If stock is what you want, you had more than that yesterday.

The black Monte #25 did only have a stock 305 with a 4 barrel carb. He was dq'd for a locked rear. Where in the rules does it say you cant have a locked rear? Why was he the only one checked for a locked rear? This was his first race and he drove his *** off. Give the guy credit for what he did.
    WOOT

JCenduro

stock

Woot, It is in the rules, first line. Stock year make and model, SSs Monte's came with limited slip, not locked.

All pre 87 cars came stock with a choke, should we check for that? Vacuum lines? Pollution pump? Why was the #25 car the only one checked for a locked rear?
    WOOT

Unhappy Rules can't suck enough, BUT......................

No offense Woot, but if you checked for every little infraction, the tech guy would be there all week................................
    As much as I hate to agree with Joe(JCENDURO) about the (ugh)rules, he is right. All major performance enhancing modifications to a stock enduro car should be prohibited.......................................
    We tried to "run what ya brung" when NEETS was first created, but the guys who didn't want to spend the money to "buy the speed" started dropping like flys and we wound up with 15 to 20 cars in a race...................
    On the other hand, if you make the enduros absolutely/strictly stock, nobody would pass post-race inspection..................
    The only exceptions to the rules should be made in the safety area..............
    UNCLE PETEY..................
    Last edited by richardpetey; 04-04-2005 at 12:58 AM.

Not the only one

The top 10 were checked for locked rears.

Dr.D

turnerpower00x

Horse Sh*t

This was also my first time running NEETS and I think maybe I counted 5 totally bone stocked cars. The rules say S-T-O-C-K , that's what the techs should stick to. I really have no room to talk, because I ran in the 4 cyl. class with a 6cyl., but had to start 2 laps down. I was pissed though, because I have been in contact with Billy B. for the last past 2 months about this race, and he knew exactly what I was going to be running. Then we get to the track 2 1/2 hrs later and the tech guy says "do you have a 4 cyl. in that?"..because I had a 6, I was illegal because I didn't have a 4 point cage..what is that for? safety?? it's me drivin' in there, no one else, and the rules said (4 point cage recommended---not mandatory)..and if I was scared of being hurt, I definitely would HAVE put one in before coming all that way....again, if it's a rule, stick by it!

YeaH, I sound all pissed off and stuff, but I had a heck of a time and am totally looking forward to running in all the future NEETS races. Hopefully, whatever car I buy this coming week, and decide to run in May, will be legal, but you can count on Billy getting a million questions before I make that haul again.

All that aside, I wanna say thanks to all the people there that I have met and become friends with; a great bunch of people.

(BillyB cutting in here); Gregg...What is this you say? You were in contact w/ me for 2 months?? And what exactly am I supposed to be...a mind reader to know you were bringing a Cavalier w/ a v6 and short wheel base? I saved all your e-mails that you were building a 4cyl. On March 14th you sent me this email;
    Hey Billy,
    I need to register 00x in teh 6-8 cyl. class. I am not going to be able
    to finish my 4 cyl. as of right now. So I will be running my 6 cyl.
    Thanks,
    Gregg Turner

Not once did you EVER mention to me by email or phone that you had a Cavalier v6. Now I told you read the rules....did you read them? If so why did you build a short wheel base car?
    Gregg, you are a nice guy, but DO NOT in any way make me look bad in front of my members with untrue statements.
    So your post called "Horse Sh*t" is not very good way to get off on the right foot with me.

rcp_ny

stock

Hey Uncle Petey, I'd pass an "absolute/strictly stock" inspection, simply because I don't know enough to make improvements!

Of course, since the car got destroyed Saturday, it can't even pass a stop sign any more.

- RCP

J & J Racing 41

Here we go again

75 Malibu, 350 2bbl, original 140,000 mile motor, y pipe, choke, open end rear, all stock components, still there. What do you want from me?

Haegele Racing

Joe Jentile

We are the same boat you are with the Malibu, '75 350 2 bbl open rear and a y pipe. My dad ran the red 61 identical to yours and it worked awEsome. I really don't think you can get any more stock than that. Also, you guys complaining, geeezzze get over it, some cars work better than others and some drivers know how to avoid wrecks better than others. That's why it's called an ENDURO. Jon Haegele

2j Late Model

I seen it...............

Hey guys

I haven't raced in one of these races yet, but I have bought cars to run in them. I have seen with my own eyes a guy run on a Saturday night thriller division and then run a NEETs race the following day. That is not a stock car. Is that able to be done? Sorry for the way I worded it before. I guess it depended on the way you read it. Sorry for any confussion Billy.

Jason 2j
    Last edited by 2j Late Model; 04-06-2005 at 08:36 AM.

NEETS-1
    Any of you friggin' guys that love to complain and tech from the grandstands...put yer a$$ in a car and prove yer worth!!!
    Craig is doing a fine job at tech...better than any I had so far. IF YOU WANTED TO COME DOWN AND LAY IN A FOOT OF WATER AND TECH THESE CARS....JUST SAY THE WORD.
    Jason, I am surprised at you bashing my $hit. Those cars that WERE Thrillers WERE legal at the time last year to run in NEETS....THEY ARE NOT NOW. It is now the Holiday "Stock" Car Series. Know what yer talking about when it comes to my rules.
    When I got home today and read this thread, it totally pi$$ed me off. Don't go bashing my series and cars if ya don't know what the hell yer talkin' about. Joe Jentile's car is a well prepared stock car WITH the choke still hooked up. It has an inch of sludge in the valve covers. It doesn't come to the track with anything old that will break, loosen or bust like others that leave the car on the trailer outside until the next race.
    IF ANY OF YOU THINK YOU CAN RUN A SERIES BETTER (OR TRY).....DO IT....IF NOT, SHUT YER PIE HOLE. MAKE ME AN OFFER ON NEETS...THEN I'LL GIVE YA 3 RACES-TOPS

Wink Addendums to the NEETS Rules..............

The top ten cars will be impounded and sent to the NEETS blender for further technical disassembly and then sent to the enduro test and research facility, where they will be processed for final inspection.......................
    The top twenty drivers will have to submit to a NEETS "texas hold'em" car strip poker tournament with a $50 buy in, winner will have to reassemble his car to claim all prize monies........................................
    Any driver found in violation of the "strickly stock" make , model and year rules will be penalized the next race. The penalties will include 100 laps piloting a "ford" or "chrysler" product or whichever breaks first.............
    All whinners, rules freaks and black flagged drivers will be forced to ride a mandatory 50 laps in SPEEDO's trunk.......................
    Any questions, speak to anyone on the "only rules is there ain't no rules committee"........................................ ..
    UNCLE PETEY......................
    These rules subject to the "dogtrack dogma" which may be changed at any time by any one for anything....................
    Last edited by richardpetey; 04-05-2005 at 07:37 PM.

Rich Johnson
    BILLY,
    Don't get mad...People who dont read the rules always make the most noise.
    The rules read "Stock for year make and model"
    Some people can work within these parameters and win with hard work and talent.
    Some will break these rules and take the risk of being DQ'ed.
    It's the "nature of the beast"
    Stick to the rules and keep a level playing field for us...People will ALWAYS complain...Don't let it bother you so much...You are "doing the right thing".

RacinRich

2j Late Model

Hey Billy

Hey Billy

I WAS NOT bashing your series, nor would I. I thinks it's the greatest thing anyone has ever done. I was simply asking a question, but now that I reread it, it really isn't a question. Sorry Billy, you know me I don't step on anyone's toes, you know that. In my eye's legal or not legal you got to have guts to be out there with a hundred other cars. Sorry to everyone or anyone I pissed off, I meant nothing by it. I have met a great group of people cause of this series, I wouldn't do anything to jeperdize that.

Jason 2j
    Last edited by 2j Late Model; 04-05-2005 at 09:27 AM.

Thread Information