Thread: Stock or race cars?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JCenduro

Stock or race cars?

I would like to say congrats to all who competed in the monsoon and completed the race. I watched the race from the grandstands and I was very impressed with the quality of racing that took place. As I was standing there getting soaked, I was watching the large car enduro and I noticed that there were a couple cars out there that I thought were far from stock. I know the #25 black metric Monte Carlo, that came with a 305 4bbl at best. How does that out run a Camaro/Firebird? with a 350 4bbl. I know the #25 was a DQ for another infraction, but that had more than a 305 in it. Next was the #177. I don't know who was driving it, but next time someone should tell him to pull the street stock motor out and keep it stock. Last but not least, the#41. Joe Jentile. I know Joe and have raced with Joe for years and he is a great competitor. I do believe Joe comes to the track prepared, and is always there at the end. As I watched Joe lap after lap, he was flying past cars that I felt were running decent. I think there should be a way to tech these cars to make sure they are stock, year, make and model. If stock is what you want, you had more than that yesterday.

The black Monte #25 did only have a stock 305 with a 4 barrel carb. He was dq'd for a locked rear. Where in the rules does it say you cant have a locked rear? Why was he the only one checked for a locked rear? This was his first race and he drove his *** off. Give the guy credit for what he did.
    WOOT

JCenduro

stock

Woot, It is in the rules, first line. Stock year make and model, SSs Monte's came with limited slip, not locked.

All pre 87 cars came stock with a choke, should we check for that? Vacuum lines? Pollution pump? Why was the #25 car the only one checked for a locked rear?
    WOOT

Unhappy Rules can't suck enough, BUT......................

No offense Woot, but if you checked for every little infraction, the tech guy would be there all week................................
    As much as I hate to agree with Joe(JCENDURO) about the (ugh)rules, he is right. All major performance enhancing modifications to a stock enduro car should be prohibited.......................................
    We tried to "run what ya brung" when NEETS was first created, but the guys who didn't want to spend the money to "buy the speed" started dropping like flys and we wound up with 15 to 20 cars in a race...................
    On the other hand, if you make the enduros absolutely/strictly stock, nobody would pass post-race inspection..................
    The only exceptions to the rules should be made in the safety area..............
    UNCLE PETEY..................
    Last edited by richardpetey; 04-04-2005 at 12:58 AM.

Not the only one

The top 10 were checked for locked rears.

Dr.D

Thread Information