Thread: Nascar Imax

jewels

Nascar Imax

The NASCAR IMAX movie is coming to the Cradle of Aviation Museum IMAX theatre in Garden City on June 24. The other good news is it can't be rained out.

Thanks for the info!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

"thumbs Up"

It's An Awesome Movie, take Your Kid(s)!!
    "Strength and honor"

debbie33
    It's a good movie, saw it at the Imax in the Luxor in Vegas.

KickItUp
    According to the website (IMAX), the Garden City theater is not a 3D theater. Will that really make the *experience* any different? I would like to see it, but would rather see it with all it's features..

broz
    I must say KickIt, seeing it in 3D really "adds" to the experience. In fact, I don't understand why they "farm" that picture out to non-3D theatres at all. Movie was intended to be viewed in "3D". Note the title..."NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience"
    Don't drive too far at these ridiculous gas prices. But if you must, you will be entertained to a certain degree. Otherwise just watch the Fox broadcast and "Crank it Up".
    Hope that helps

3D effects are better

Broz is right,the 3d imaging adds to the film. For example, in the first 5 minutes, Ryan Newman & passenger (Mike Helton) are on a moonshine run through the woods, being chased by cops in an old coupe. When they're rooster tailing around a turn, the rocks get kicked up at you in 3d, and more than a few people watching in the theatre 'moved' so not to get hit by the rocks & dirt. It looked cool in 3d, but true NASCAR heads will see it anyhow.
    "Strength and honor"

debbie33
    No doubt it will not be the same if it isn't in 3D. The rocks were cool and so was when a tire comes rolling out at you and you move out of the way so it doesn't hit you.

Jumpingjacswife

Wink

Just wanted to let you know, I bought the Imax Nascar movie. Avon is selling it for $14.99. I havent seen it yet, I'm giving it to my son for his B-day, but it says it has driver profiles, Nascars closest moments, etc. It is digitally re-mastered for TV viewing. Will let you know once we watch it. Cyndi

Thread Information