Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Riverhead Rain Reports

DOR 58, shhhh... If you don't think it, it won't happen. Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think...

allhailunc
    Heard the same thing JA and I'm thinking positive-as for your idea of thinking it won't happen and it won't i tried that once and wound up married

Not sure where these reports are coming from BUT I haven't found 1 weather site yet that has rain for forcast this Saturday!!! Last night found 1 that said 20% but this morning gone to 0%. LET'S GO RACING!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Well Rgee I for one really hope that the weather forecasts you are seeing are true. I NEED RACING.
    R.I.P. Joe This 3rd one is for you!!!!!

www.superprotruck.com

BSG Motorsports #01 Blunderbust

2004-2005 and 2008 SPT Champs.

R.I.P. 03,7,66,93

it's now up to 30% with showers. This is getting stupid

Ok this might sound strange, and I do not know if the track could even do this, but I just read in one of the racing papers that New Egypt is going to run some Wednesday night shows. It seems that they have lost something like 4-5 shows this month to weather, and are going to add some shows to make up for the loss.
    I would think Riverhead might have to do something like that soon, if they get close to the number of lost shows that New Egypt has, isn't the Weekly Series point money dependent upon a certain number of dates?
    Well that is another question.
    But how would you guys feel about running some Wednesday night make-up races? I don't think you could run all 75 divisions that the track is running now, you might have to pick and choose. But would anyone go to those shows? Both fan and racer?

(As for myself I would like a short Wednesday night show. Maybe just the modifieds and chargers or whichever division has the highest car count. Like they used to do with the Modified Tour. Late start around 7pm, time trial the mods, and then race, get it over by 10pm and everyone is happy.)

Brit
    btgoss

As I have written previously, it has to do with the Town of Riverhead and the days/nights and the amount of shows they can run, has to be applied for with the town. If they were able to, they would be running rain-outs on Sunday afternoons. I also mentioned previously, if the track could they would, it's a business and it's not making money if cancelling.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

New Egypt I believe already had some Wednesday shows on schedule. However they might be promoting them now in a way that makes it seems like you should go to them to make up for all the rain.

Riverhead asked folks a couple years back if they would want to race during the week because of successive amounts of rainouts. The overwhelming majority turned it down.

allhailunc
    just checked both Accuweather.com&weather.com and that nasty 4 letter word is in the forecast.for afternoon/evening up to 50 % chance.let's hope the 50 % stays in Nassau county

Wednesday, Saturday,Sunday, whenever. Say the word, I would run any of those days or nights. I don't have a racecar just to have it sit in the garage.

Imperialblues
    Racenut, Doug Wholey got into a major argument with the chief steward and said he's done at R.R..I saw and heard everything that went on that day. He pulled his sponsorship from the track and said he was going to have his sponsors pull out too. Tell you the truth, I'm very concerned. With all the drivers that are leaving, and the rain, it doesn't look too good for the future.
    Last edited by Imperialblues; 05-11-2005 at 09:41 PM.

allhailunc
    just checked weather.com 50% chance of thunder boomers most of the day.this truly sucks.being held "hostage" at home with the "ball&chain"&Jones44 is getting to be quite harrowing(lol).Anyone up for a Foxwoods trip?

Y'know, Stafford has run every week so far this month. Granted they run on Friday night, but if you are willing to travel, its worth the trip. Then stay over and go to Foxwoods.

Thread Information