Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Track Improvements

speedracer

Track Improvements

My first visit to the track this year I saw the new wall in turns 3 and 4 . I also noticed new walkway from turn 3 and 4 . The area set aside for sponsor tables. But the one thing that stood out most of all was the beautiful lettering on the walls. What did they have a preschool class do it? I think my 7 year old son could have done a better job. What does it take to the job right, A couple of $$$$. I think they charge enough to get in to do the job in a professional manner.

Yes the pavers came out beautiful and are a nice improvement. The NASCAR Dodge one was free hand I believe. The stencils weren’t there yet, they probably will be redone but I happened to like the Riverhead Raceway writing one, the color isn’t my favorite but not much choice there...
    Good Luck to All!!
    7ny Tommy *RiP* JB III 66
    *Go Kasey Kahne*

<3 always princess erin

With all the improvements made, I hope the lettering is redone as it doesn't appear too well from the pictures I saw. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say. I just prefer the stenciled look myself as it presents itself with a cleaner look. Just my opinion though.

Think of the winners pictures going to the trade papers!!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

broz
    Oh please, they have had 3 rain outs and ALL winter to get stencils? And money? Don't even go there, they have it!
    Can't wait for the people from the "Tour" to see this

It looks VERY unprofessional.

The only track left on the Island deserves better than this

Sean Ambrose
    Last edited by broz; 05-16-2005 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Comments maybe too harsh as I was not there and really not my place to comment....

debbie33
    To me it reminds me of something you would see written on a high school homecoming float. It just looks TACKY, if stencils weren't available they should have just left it plain white paint. I don't think anyone would have noticed it was missing.

I have to agree about the lettering on the wall, pretty bad, very getto and the worst I've seen in the last 10 years, but in all due credit, the new brickwork through out the track is VERY nice.

The brick work does look very nice!

As for the Letters on the walls..... No comment
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

I purposely took a slow walk about the facilities between the 8 and LM features.

I'll grant you all that the wall lettering left a little to be desired.........BUT....... all in all considering I'd like to give credit to whatever powers that be for making the place look pretty nice with the new walkways and brickwork.

Thank God we have a racetrack left on Long Island!

Must have been a good night. A few compliments on the Jam!!!

And the best complaint you can come up with is bad lettering on the walls? A couple of weeks of racing and they will rub it off!!!

Plus I don't think the lettering on the walls is keeping away the fans.

Maybe the $20.00 + each week admission and the price of food and beverages might have something to do with that!

By the way how was the crowd? From the look of the pictures on the Jam they didn't make a killing at the front gate! (and what was admission last night?)

The pictures that are up so far are heats and stands were as normal at that time of show. Most fans seem to come around 6ish for the features. About 8pm, the stands looked good to me, seats were available but not bad. MUCH more than pictures up as of now. [still doing as I write]
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

allhailunc
    I do have to add here that they new walkways are great(although that area coming out of turn 2 could use some filling in-gets a little "harrowing" walking over there when fans are sitting near the fence).also like those new stone layouts-very nice indeed(also serves as one hell of a bit of advertising).but i do have to reply about the new "lettering".I thought that "Riverhead Raceway" sign was funny but when I went around to sit I actually had to ask my son if my eyes were failing me.That "Dodge series" sign is something else.Hand lettering isn't the answer (Looks like Clyde the orangutan )change that before the Tour comes into town-does not look professional by any stretch of the imagination.evertything else aside I like the way the whole thing looks
    Last edited by allhailunc; 05-16-2005 at 05:42 AM. Reason: spelling

I Hope....

I hope , well I know that all this comments about the lettering and walk ways are all constructive criticism. Hello!!!! only oval race track left on Long Island.. which we all know. And I would like to think that somehow through the grapevine that the powers to be at Riverhead will take these comments as constructive criticsm and NOT BASHING the track. BTW going 80+mph you really don't not notice the lettering(well at least I didn't yesterday). Maybe the stencils can be found at Lowes or HomeDepot...LOL .
    Glad we got in a full day and night of racing .
    When is the tour race ???
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

Tour Show

First WMT show is June 4

Imperialblues
    Well, we'll see what happens. I saw WMS race director, Joe Larsen walking around the pits Sat.

Thread Information