Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Cars

44chargerfan

First Cars

Thought it was be cool to see the differences in people's first cars. Go ahead have as much fun as you want to have.

67 box nova,327cid........4 door-ugh....quite the sleeper
    "Strength and honor"

1987 Ford Thunderbird! I love my Car!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

allhailunc
    How bout this

1964 Chevy Impala SS-4 speed 327,Candy apple red.actually blew the motor once and my mom,who was a bus driver,had me take it to the BOCES in Bellport so they could use it as a "project" for mid terms-when I picked it up the whole class came out to watch.they were all pumping their fists&yelling so i leaned on it.that damn car fish-tailed all the way down the road until i got to Station Rd.worst part was i sold it for next to nothing when I bought my first brand new car a VW Thing-talk about complete opposites

jimmy'z

cars

My first car was a 1969 Rambler American 2door; bought it when I was 15 and spent the good part of a year doing bodywork and getting it painted and installing the stereo system.
    I got the inspiration to do it from an old Hot Rod Magazine from one of their project cars, it was called the Novette; a 1966 box Nova (the car I really liked but couldn't afford ) built over a Corvette chassis. Mine lacked any kind of speed enhancement whatsoever though. It only had a 199 ci inline-6. But it looked pretty neat; two tone silver with a black side panel.

Wow unowho243, my gf had an 88 Thunderbird with a huge V8. Damn that thing had gusto.

My first car was a hand-me-down from my father, a 1991 Plymouth Acclaim with 193,000 miles. Thing was a solid car (no problems whatsoever) although perhaps not the sportiest thing. Still running great and in my possession too.

Mine was a 1963 Chevy Impala Covertible with a 327. If I only knew then what it would be worth now being I only paid $75 for the car in 1972!!!! 2nd car was a 1968 Firebird with overhead cam 6cyl which I swapped out the motor for a worked Chevy 396. Blew 2 powerglides trannys and finally put in a worked 3 speed automatic which brought the car to life. Car was totally uncontrollable after tranny swap as it added more gear to the takeoff...Damn good old days!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Mortgage Guy
    Ok, now I know I probably had one of the rarest cars ever, because I have been looking for another one the past few years with no luck... A 1973 Mercury Comet GT, all stock down to the trim rings and hub caps. It had a 302 with a 3 speed on the floor. Talk about a sleeper, it was also a great car to take away. It rode nice and got us to Thompson at least 10 times.. Sold it and bought a 1970 Mercury Cougar with a 351 Cleveland, another great car, but I liked the Comet better.. Great topic 44, thanks for starting it..

Charlie's Angel
    1980 Buick Skylark Red. I bought it used in 85. Two years later blew the motor.

Charlie's first car was a 71 Ford Torino Red.

73 Buick Electra that I used to flat tow my 68 Buick Electra Blunderbust car with in order to race on Saturday nights when I was 16

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!!

broz
    This one is good,
    Hand me down from ole' Mom and Dad, 74 Chevelle blue stationwagon. It was a "BEAST", 350/holley 650, posi-rear and of course moderate enhancements to the "engine package" . Used to love it when they would laugh at me for driving the "wagon", then I would take 'em over the bridge and show those idiots some old school BOW TIE power!
    When I killed her, she had 328,000 miles, that was circa 1985.
    On a side note, that very same car did appear in one "Race what ya brought with you" event at the "Head". I remember my Mom, freaking out when my Dad pops on the track in her car If memory serves me correct, they didn't speak for a while after that one,

Thumbs up

HAHAHAHA Here's one for ya!

My first car was a 1961 Sunbeam Alpine! Removable hardtop and fold up rag top. 1600 cc dual solex carb 4 speed. Talk about a lot of fun to drive...HAHAHA A real Chick magnet!

Angry The Bullfather

1980 Malibu classic. I loved that car, whistled as it cut through the air! 350, 400 tranny, thing was beast off the line! I miss it as Malibu's started popping up everywhere the past few years. It was dark green and had duct tape around the bottom of rear window. Thing was a true sleeper. I remember I stopped one day on Ocean Parkway around 11 in the morning. Stopped, hit the gas, screaming the tires for it's life and hit about 130mph (maybe more hahahahaha) for a quaRter mile or so. I did IT just to see what I could do, it did! lol. Well, the back window almost came flying out, because both windows were open, pushing air to the back of the car! After punching it, I slowed down to about 70mph for the rest of Ocean Pkwy. I don't beat on my cars and don't need speeding tickets that will land you with a heavy fine!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

1969 Camaro RS
    "keep the faith"

Cool First Cars

1946 Ford Convertible, bought in Bremerton, Wash. Car was Calif. built, with 4 on floor, posi rear, heavy duty 11" in clutch, 3/4 race cam, 4 bbl, bored out 30 thousandths. Would really get down the road. Painted white, with skirts and lowered all the way around. Sure would like to have it around today.

Thread Information