Thread: Thoughts!!! It kinda got me mad!

Angry Thoughts!!! It kinda got me mad!

It kinda got me mad at the end of the night, after I watched 150 lap Whelen tour modified race and saw about 50 laps of it under the yellow flag. They change the race from 200 laps, to a format of 50 less laps, and still every lap under caution counted! I knew going into Saturday, we the fans, were going to see this happen, I prayed we wouldn't!

It kinda got me mad at the end of the night, after I watched Eric Beers train race behind Ted ChrisTopher for 70 laps and not even try to pass him when we had green flag conditions! I watched Donny Lia pass about 5 or 6 cars on the outside only to be blocked by 2 front runners of Beers and TC. I figured TC might have built Beers's engines, or something from his car was from Mystic. What happened to the chrome horn??? Charlie J. and Evans would be turning over in their graves if they saw what took place Saturday night. Modified racing is supposeD to be exciting and we could have had an exciting race, if someone (namely Beers) would have tried to make a move 70 laps before the end of the race!!

It kinda got me mad at the end of the night, after I watched Zach Sylvester go around lap after lap under Yellow, spilling gas or some other kinda gunk onto the track.

It kinda got me mad at the end of the night, after I watched the field about to go green and then in turn four, the yellow is thrown as more then half of the Mods are on the gas to go racing, and then have to lock up their brakes and almost cause a huge pile up! Then again, As happened in the Charger race for Chris Turbush moving in the pits after the green flag flew and we had half the cars in turn 1!

It kinda got me mad at the end of the night, that WJ is going to edit this after he gets home from Dover Monday! lol :O) *

* NOT IF YOU'D PROOF READ IT!! WJ
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Mike Fields
    It kinda got me mad--- that we have to wait until Monday!!! LOL

Only because I don't have WiFi and neither does Dover Speedway Campground!!! LOL LOL WJ

Question

Chuck didn't have 50 more laps. He was black flagged for whatever came out last and finished 7th? 8th?. Chuck was the best car on the track. (EVEN AFTER FLEMKE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO PUNT HIM INTO SPLISH SPLASH.)

Bullfather,

With Beers and TC you got to realize one thing. This isn't a race... This is points. While it's true that Beers isn't a points championship contender anymore, his team points are still important.

Secondly, why risk wrecking TC? Everyone knows if you do that, you will get it back and then some. TC you've got to be very careful with and I really feel Beers gave it all, although I do agree, he should have tried earlier.

Thirdly, if he did try and was unsuccessful, the rest of the field would freight train him.

Just my thoughts...

Angry The Bullfather

OK THEN!!! Let's all be afraid of TC!!!!!! It's a joke! It's sad, we have to watch a points race, instead of watching someone going for the win! It's racing! The name of the game is racing, somewhere we all lost site (SIGHT??)of it! It's a sad to watch NASCAR drivers be conservative for points. In fact, it kinda sickens me to see it! You want fans, you'rE just going to lose them down the road if your drivers aren't exciting to watch! Besides, (with) the price tag of $30 for the tour race, people stay home because it's a train race, and we already have one coming this weekend.

Eric didn't do his best to pass TC at all! He never laid the front nerf bar on him, he raced him (in the words of PC) clean! He didn't even try until the last 2 laps; all the time he stayed behind him for almost half the race.

If you noticed last night, this being from my point of view! When the front 4 cars of TC, Beers, Lia and Jerry were passing Mike Christopher, TC and Beers had no problem. Lia tries on the outside and Mike pushes hard to keep Lia from passing. It's a KNOWN fact that Lia and TC have some sort of heat between each other on track. It's only fueled more by ModSeries, Speed51 and us the fans, probabaly more thAn TC and Lia. But it is something I noticed, because when Lia passed MC, Jerry followed suit just as fast as TC and Beers. Could have also been that Lia passed a bunch of cars on the outside. Also TC, MC and Lia were fighting for the win at New Hampshire last year.

Question: Was Steuer leaking fluid??? When I ranted in the above post, I said Sylvester was leaking Gas all around the track, lap after lap!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Angry The Bullfather

Plus we need a consi race for the Tour. We lose 50 laps in the main, we should get 1-2 consi races!!!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Well, points is the key. Nextel Cup used to be that way and now you've got a demolition derby each weekend. Do you like that kind of racing instead? And then don't be complaining about a ton of cautions.

I do agree, Beers should have been more aggressive and he's definitely capable of doing it (I've seen him be very aggressive in many races outside the NWMT), but it's tough to do so around TC. The checkers or wreckers mentality is what's wrong with NASCAR right now, and one reason why it costs so much to race.

Following your philosophy, why didn't Lia pass Beers and then TC? Why pick on Beers? Shouldn't everyone down the line be as guilty?

Angry The Bullfather

Lia did try to get around Beers a few times, he even bumped him a bunch of times in turns 3 and 4. He seemed to lose him a bit after awhile, his tires must have worn down after riding on the outside to get up front. He also had Jerry working him over towards the end of the race, so his race was with Jerry at the end, instead of Beers. But he did look a few times at the closing laps, but knew Jerry was behind him!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Well, I HAVE to comment on Beers. Let's see. "Beers thoughts" I am in 2nd place. TC is in front of me. Let me take this time a bit high and just see how it feels. mmmmmmm. Now stay tight and see. mmmmmmmmm. What can happen here??? I can try to get TC but he will race hard. I am not comfortable at Riverhead and the car seems a tad off. If I get him, I win and good payday, BUT what if he races hard and we slip and I lose it all. mmmmmmm. Well the good payday doesn't get me CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS!!!! AND finishing 2nd doesn't get me to the winners circle but gets me only, what, 5 points less then winning??? I think I will stick tight and take my GUARANTEED CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS and say, "THANK YOU", take the car home in 1 piece and be EXTREMELY happy!!!!!!!

I believe this was good CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER decision making!!!!! My view from REALITY......
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Couldn't have said it better myself, Rgee.

P.S Did YOU hear the croWd boo TC? lol
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Thoughts

I thought Beers was always looking, especially at the end of the backstretch. Bugged me that Blewett was holding people up most of the night. Those that passed him (Beers, Lia, Stefanik, Marquis) all did it on the outside. Vigliarolo was on his way backwards when he and Blewett tangled and that made little sense to me. Riverhead isn't a pitstop track, which does play into what we saw. Lia is fond of pitting for two outside tires if there is a caution with a handfull of laps to go. His crew busts off some wickedly fast stops. (Turkey Derby last year especially) All in all, one of the quicker fields at Riverhead. Actually the boos for TC were rather light. You gotta hear 'em up at Stafford or Thompson, they really are vocal up there. My sons both like Teddy (as do I) and get lots of dirty looks when they are busy cheering for him when we travel. I, too, thought it odd with the size of the track crew that the debris in 4 gets picked up by a guy from the first turn.

Teddy reminds of the old school mod racers we had years ago, and point blank, can get into anything and make it get to the front.

Angry The Bullfather

I will never question the abilities of TC in a race car. I hate that everyone has to tip-toe around him because they're afriad of what he'll do! You say that he reminds you of an old throw back in a modified, but what about everyone else around him! John Blewett needs to get back into a modified tour car full time. I can't wait for Mike E. to come back and show TC he can't be shoved around!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Ahhh, my memory is back, TC reminds me of Spencer rising thru the ranks!!!! And ditto on Ewie!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Rich Johnson
    I thought Beers had a slightly better handling car. Teddy had the better motor..
    Beers was waiting for TC to make a mistake and he did NOT.
    For Beers to win...he would have had to "done him dirty" and he didn't
    Sure...I would have liked to have seen more action, but I understand why I didn't.

RACINRICH
    Last edited by Rich Johnson; 06-06-2005 at 08:40 PM.

Thread Information