Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tonites race

Unhappy tonites race

wow....that about sums up toniGHts sad and twisted events....I'm sure Tommy will surface on a couple of tour shows...too much talent to waste!

SpeedyMS
    you said it all lol.. congrats mike

W. Johnston
    Tommy may run ROC, but will not be allowed at a NASCAR sanctioned race anywhere until his NASCAR license is restored. That is up to him to take care of, so let's wait and see what he wants to do before we jump off in the wrong direction on this.
    Yes, it was a sad night in many ways, JMO!

Quote Originally Posted by W. Johnston
    Tommy may run ROC, but will not be allowed at a NASCAR sanctioned race anywhere until his NASCAR license is restored. That is up to him to take care of, so let's wait and see what he wants to do before we jump off in the wrong direction on this.
    Yes, it was a sad night in many ways, JMO!
    His license was revoked?
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

allhailunc
    What I saw last night, up until the Modified debaucle, was one of the best nights ever at Riverhead. Bobby-you made me proud putting the 45 Spt into victory lane . Kevin-one hell of a win their son-you made mom&pop real proud of you . Greg, great move to take over the LM race and hold on . Georgie-all I can say is "awesome", you held off one of the best .
    Now for my thoughts on the WWE. I was really surprised-here I thought, the way this race was going, that I just might make it home to see some of the Busch race, but NOOOO, "Happy Hooligan and his band of Merry Morons" took over the show. Tommy-you obvioulsy had a major bug up your "Wazoo". You were black flagged, so what to you do? You decide to take it out, physically with your ride, on the #3 of John Denniston (if you had issues with him, you should have settled it in a better manner). John, your retaliation was wrong-dead wrong, and sorry, but you should not have been allowed to return to the race-right or wrong-one small misstep during your escapade using your vehicle and you could have caused serious harm (not that Tommy was any angel either, considering he "represents" one of the finest organizations I have ever known). Both of you "should" be handed down some punishment. Now for "Frick & Frack". Wayne, you "were " running one of the best races I've seen in a long time, until Mr Blewett "blew it" for you. But then to "outright" tank him going down the backstretch-that wasn't "you hit me-I hit you", that was just plain mean. I have respected you for the longest time, but after your actions last night, I'm not so sure. As for Mr Blewett, what were you doing getting out of your vehicle and trying to get into Wayne's car? Were you going to discuss what you 2 guys were going to have later on at Applebee's? I have a suggestion here-in baseball, when players aren't playing up to their potential, they are "benched" or sent down to the minors-Maybe Riverhead should institute something on that order-sit them down or send them back to racing "go carts". I had the great pleasure of meeting "Cabbage" last night the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Champ) last night-quite a nice guy I might add, and I also got the chance to see Riverheads version of the UFC "Unbelievably Friggen Crappy". I hear next week Bob Finan is being replaced by none other than Michael Buffer (no offense Bob, you know I love ya ) Was there a "full moon" out there somewhere?

W. Johnston
    To clarify: Tommy refused to surrender his license when asked, so it is, in effect, suspended until NASCAR reviews the situation. It will not be a good outcome for him. Too bad, he's our track Modified champ, but it appears he may be done racing at Riverhead for the foreseeable future.

We need everybody to sit and think for a while before posting about this and other controversial matters that happened last night. We know there are going to be many opinions about it, but please, no rants against anyone not based on facts. In other words, we'll be watching and take whatever steps we deem necessary to keep this line of thought in the realm of the sane.

Charlie's Angel

AllhailUnc

I just wanted to say that after the fights last night it was very nice to meet you in the pits with Vinny. It wasn't too hard to figure out who you were.

Someone mentioned to me that they went to the fights and a race broke out. As funny as it sounds, it's also pretty sad for all the spectators who bring their children to see the races. I know that in the heat of the moment we don't really stop and think about the effect it has on others around us. A lot of other cars were taken out in the whole Blewett/Anderson melee. Marissa was running so well and I've always been a fan of hers. Too bad she didn't get to finish the race, as well as a few others, due to the act of someone else and no fault of their own. They could have been hurt as well. Just something to think about.

I would like to congratulate Howie Brode, a friend of mine, for doing such a fantastic job of racing last night and managing to stay out of all the mess around him. WTG!

44chargerfan
    If you are the Chief Steward and your son races at the track in 2 divisions, wouldn't you be hardest on him, not everyone else??????

Charlie's Angel
    Depends on the kind of parent you are. I've seen fathers coach Little League games and favor their sons and I've seen others that are hardest on their kid. So it really depends on the individual. Just my opinion. Being a parent and thankfully never been put in such a position I'm not really sure how I would handle things where my kid is involved.

BWR

Thumbs up

unc you hit the nail on the head.

Angry The gloves are off!

I'll ask the question!

What's the difference between J.R. Bertuccio and Mike Curtis playing bumper tag last season and John Denniston and Tommy Rogers Jr.?

Anyone???

Bueler???

Anyone???

What was managment (MANAGEMENT!!?)thinking when they let Denniston back on the track, after he used his car as a weapon! There is no difference from what took place last season! Mike Curtis rolled his car up to J.R. and both of them began to play a little game of tag-your-it! Now after the whole incident, both of them were suspended for 2-3 weeks. Will we see Denniston get the same punishment? It amazes me that nothing was called on Johnnie after he made a whole scene in pits before coming back on the track. With eyes always watching, this really places a black eye on the officals (OFFICIALS!!?) of Riverhead. After J.R. and Mike Curtis, we had the eyes of NASCAR come down and make their own call and see what was going on in the pits and on the track. Could we see Jerry Cook and others here next wekeend?

Jimmy Blewett was faster in the turns and made Wayne realize it, lap after lap. On the straights, Wayne would pull away, until the turns and Jimmy would be all over him again. Wayne, being from the old school of racing, let's people know (as did Jimmy) when they are in his way! (A little bit of chrome horn here and little bit of nudge there!) As I sat on the backstrech (BACKSTRETCH!!!), we watched Wayne sitting in the infield and as Jimmy drove by and a simple little gesture was given to Blewett, a wave! OH, IT WAS ON!

I was waiting for the usual brake check before the starting line and watch a pile up of Blewitt and others, but it didn't happen. Coming off the second turn, we watched Wayne make a right hand turn into the wall and take out Jimmy. Will there be a call on both of them, for their actions? Was Jimmy Blewett trying to pinch or tickle Wayne through the window net? Why would you try and get through the window net, when there is a huge opening through the back end of the car, gets you right into the cockpit! Ok a little humor! How many officals (OFFICIALS!!!!) does it take to get BlewEtt (OFF???) of Anderson's car?

Despite the events that took place, the racing was still exciting to watch and congrats to Mike Andrews and Howie Brodie for an excellent race.

Walter, get over it and correct it without the red lettering, you only do it to a select few! I'm tired of it!
    Last edited by W. Johnston; 06-12-2005 at 07:25 PM. Reason: to correct SIMPLE spelling errors (again and again!!) NO MORE!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

It was, indeed, a sad night a Riverhead last night. First off, you have the #3 and the #6 proceed to have a $250,000 demolition derby on the infield after #6 doesn't agree with an official as to where he starts after an incident on the track. Then, you have the #3 return to the track after doing the same thing to the #6 that the #6 did to him. Because the #3 was allowed to return to competition after retaliation to the #6, does this now set as a precedent that you are allowed to continue in competition after you use your car as a weapon, because there will be no punishment? If such is the case, then Anderson should have never been thrown off the track after walling Blewett, because he was only retaliating because earlier in the race, he was spun while leading by Blewett. What is good for one, should be the rule for all. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case. As for my opinion, Denniston, Rogers and Anderson all deserve a little time off. It looks as if Rogers will be the only one in the penalty box for the incidents that took place last night. Although Rogers was wrong for his actions towards Denniston, Denniston, himself, was equally as wrong for what he did to Rogers. The call to let the #3 back on the track was dead wrong. You can not have someone use their car as a weapon, even if it was provoked, and then reward them for their actions.
    As for the Anderson/Blewett incident, did Blewett spin Anderson while he was leading? Sure did. Did Blewitt deserve to get right turned hard into the wall late in the race when he tried to make a clean pass to the outside Anderson? Nope, not even close. I'm not a big Jimmy Blewett fan, but what happened to him was just down right wrong. Blewett did not lay a bumper on the back of Anderson after the two of them started in the back after the incident. So when the car checked up in front of Anderson, and Blewett tried to go to the outside of the 15, Wayne just did him dirty. I guess watching the mirror was more important than looking at the big picture. He could have finished in the top ten by just settling things later, but instead he gets thrown out and loses lots of points. Dumping another car is one thing, causing outright carnage (which also involved other cars and drivers that had nothing to do with the feud) is another. I guess Anderson thinks it's okay to do something like this, but I do not. I'd rather beat them on the track then to drive them into the wall. Just my opinion.
    One thing I did notice is that after the Denniston/Rogers incident, and the ensuing 20 minutes of caution laps, a good portion of the grandstand section that I was sitting in got up and left they facility. I guess they got tired of watching cars ride around under caution. It's bad enough that the place had plenty of available seating all night long, but made it worse seeing the masses exit after having to sit through all of the BS.

WOW. Makes me glad I bought a boat. I can't afford $250,000 for a demo car.

Bullfather, I'll answer that question for you... JR Bertuccio's Daddy wasn't the Chief Steward, and John Denniston's Daddy is The Almighty Chief Steward of Riverhead. As I was told by Bill, two weeks ago, "This is His track and No one Will Tell Him how to Run it!"
    I hope that NASCAR will be at the track next week and that the officials make the same kind of calls they have been making in the past. But then again, I'm sure They will be on their Best Behavior.
    Well, what ever happens to Tommy, I hope he can just pay his fine (or whatever) and stay away from Riverhead and go on to bigger and better things. Because that is one hell of a smart kid (who just lost his cool last night) with A LOT of talent. There are a lot of really good drivers out there, but there aren't many that can say "Not only was I the Modified Champion last year, But I was also the Figure 8 Champion the year before." A lot of those "Good Drivers" wouldn't get into a Figure 8 car because of fear.
    As for everything else, Hey that's Riverhead, Right-Wrong-Unfair = Riverhead.

They should all be ashamed of themselves... I think it was a poor showing of class to everyone that was involved in both incidents.
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Thread Information