Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why was orlando put to last on the results

racefan1

why was orlando put to last on the results

Kevin orlando finIshed 12th, why did he get put to last in the results? (DOES?) anyone know?
    Last edited by W. Johnston; 06-21-2005 at 07:01 PM. Reason: READ IT, THEN POST IT!!!

Charlie's Angel
    I was wondering why he was listed last as well. As for him being 12th, the board last night listed Charlie 12th. I believe Kevin was lapped when he got back on the track but I'm not sure. But I didn't think he was last. The Jam just listed him the way the board listed it I believe.

W. Johnston
    The word I heard, listening to the officials on the radio, was rough riding, though no specific incident or incidents were mentioned. They wanted him placed dead last, not even the last car on the lead lap.

racefan1
    Kevin was not put a lap down, he came back up to 12th or 13th.....but then I heArd rumor the Denniston came back to the Orlando trialEr and told Kevin he was racing like an a**hole and he was a disGrace to all rookies that haVE cOme onto his race track...Kevin did spin the 57 out, but I do not think it was on purpose, that's just racing. If it did come down from the officIals, I do not agree with the call To put him dead last for rough riding. I've seen people spin others and not get penAlized....if any one else happens to have any information on this subject, please let me know.
    Last edited by W. Johnston; 06-20-2005 at 07:32 AM. Reason: POOR SPELLING

44chargerfan
    Dan Turbush {::Cough::} {::Cough::}

Dan Turbush, LOL. Obviously you didn't see them tear down his car last week...

I'll find out the official reason and then make a judgement. Until then hold on.

It's funny how the penalize Kevin for that, yet Blewett, Anderson and Denniston were all in the Mod feature.
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

what you mean chargerfan44?

44chargerfan
    Turbo, no offense, but I have seen Dan plow through some people. My friend Ron Hlatky raced against him last year, and he said he watched him plow through some guys.

plowed? nah... used the bumper , yes. Short track racing for ya. He got the 22 with his bumper and gained a spot and the 22 finished behind not losing more than that one spot so that is not dirty. Think what you want but I think thats GREAT short track racing. If he had spun them out, ok... But the fact is he didnt.

theshow7ny

Thumbs down

The kid in the 99 spun out the 13 before he spun out the 57. The Garret was had a good run going, he was all the way up to 11th from 17th. But the 99 spun him out going into turn one. It says it right in the Charger results, also, but they have his car number wrong. I know for a fact that Garret had a brief word with Orlando after the race, and his reply was that Garret did not give him the lane.
    Are you kidding me!!! Didn't give him the lane, I'm sorry, next time we will pull over for you. It's a real shame that a few guys in this divisIon only know how to drive through you instead of driving around you. After that spin the right rear was used up and he did a great job just to bring it home in 14th.

jimmy'z

..and..

Quote Originally Posted by 44chargerfan
    My friend Ron Hlatky raced against him last year and he said he watched him plow through some guys.
    Comparing it to poker; I'd call that a draw. Or push.

Jimmy D.
    I have 2 things to say. 1, Last week I was put finishing last instead of 16th for turning the 5 car by accident. Yet I was turned around by the 36 that same week, and the week before I was turned by the 25. NEither of those 2 cars were put finishing last. Consistency would be nice. About Dan, He uses his bumper like the rest of us out there but I don't think he drives through people on purpose, like a few other drivers out there. I just had this discussion with Dan and Chris on Sunday at the truck race.

Charlie's Angel
    As for Dan, Charlie has been racing with him for a few years now and we haven't had a problem with him at all. He passes us, yes but he has always taken us clean.He has had plenty of opportunity to dump us and has never done it. Not exactly sure why his name was brought up in this thread but since it was, speaking for myself, I think he is a great racer. You give respect on the track, you get respect. I don't want to list the names of those that drive through other racers, but Dan wasn't champion for running through the other guys.

Again, just my opinion. I don't know him personally, just stating what I've seen in the 4 or 5 years of watching Charlie race against him.

As for Jimmy D., you are correct, consistency would be nice. It definately wasn't fair of them to put you dead last the week before. You have never dumped anyone purposely. Your record shows that. It is a shame. I'm assuming maybe with the officials it is hard to tell sometimes who is intentional or accidental. I mean the Mod race the week before was a little more obvious!

All I can say is that I wouldn't want the job of an official. The fact that they put Jimmy and Kevin to last I guess is their way of trying to be fair. They can't see it all, I guess. Or maybe it's just Bill that makes those decisions when HE, himself sees the dumping. I don't know. But Kevin is a good racer and he should just brush it off and move on to the next race.

Don't everyone slam me, this is only my opinion and I don't race the car, so I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you all to get penalized when you think you haven't done anything wrong.

Good luck to you all July 2nd!! May you all have a great race!
    Last edited by Charlie's Angel; 06-20-2005 at 07:04 PM.

Jimmy D.
    ANGEL, Thanks for the kind words. Just let you know, I spoke with Bill this past Sat. He had no idea as to why I was put last. I was told the reason was because I turned the #5 by Jimmy. Bill told me he would talk to Jimmy and find out why. So obviously, Jimmy makes these calls, and not Bill.

Thread Information