Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yaphank Track

rocket

Smile Yaphank Track

Go to Yaphank.org And vote for race park.

Smile

Live in Yaphank, just voted Yes.

I believe you can sign a petition on line as well, whether you are for or against the facility.

I just called the Suffolk County Executive. They said that they haven't gotten that many calls for or against the track. I do know some people have decided to invest in the facility. The # for Steve Levy's office is 631-853-4000. Who knows, maybe, when it's built, I'll apply for an officials job.

Mortgage Guy
    what is the web address for the track

spier racing 93

dmcguy
    Live in Yaphank and just voted no. I would support a local track for weekly racing. But never a national venue.

the way I understood it, the track was supposed to have a third of a mile within the 3/4 mile for weekly racing. Anyone want to confirm that?

That is correct... A 3/8 mile in the infield, tentatively planned. The 3/4 mile on the outside would be used for national events.

rocket

Smile Topgunse

This is going to be a motorsports facility. Check out the website and give your input. It will offer 3/4, 3/8 inside for weekly racers, atv, motocross and drag strip. If you're a motor head, you have to love this.

Mike Fields
    Rocket, instead of a "motorsports facility", it would be more accurate to call this a "multi-use facility". Although a motorsports facility is part of the overall plan, also included are restaurants, night clubs, a "Jones Beach-type Theater", a 6000-8000 seat indoor arena, and much more. In next week's column, I'll have much more about it.

It's cool, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    R.I.P. Joe This 3rd one is for you!!!!!

www.superprotruck.com

BSG Motorsports #01 Blunderbust

2004-2005 and 2008 SPT Champs.

R.I.P. 03,7,66,93

tgse

"beleive it when i see it" worthless replies

fellas--- i got to be honest with you ---what is with all the "beleive when i see it" comments-----by the time it takes you to type that type of garbage you could type something supporting the proposal---I assume you are all members of this forum because you support, participate or genuinely enjoy racing and motorports correct?????? start acting like you do----its because of comments like " beleive when i see it"" and sitting back waiting for things to happen why things do not get done on LI-----support from the public is what get things done-cmon people

Yeah well Maesrti fan aint bright TGSE Trust me, I'm a good friend of his, and he doesn't think before he speaks .... or types lol

I support the track in every way!
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

You'rE funny, Jim. Well, you'rE right, I shouldn't have said that so quickLY. I would love nothing more thAn for there to be a track like this built in Yaphank. It just seems a little to far fetchEd for me, but hey, I'm all for a big pit bash if it ever happens, I'll bring the soda. Jim, you bring the hot dogs. Any other volunteers.
    R.I.P. Joe This 3rd one is for you!!!!!

www.superprotruck.com

BSG Motorsports #01 Blunderbust

2004-2005 and 2008 SPT Champs.

R.I.P. 03,7,66,93

Thread Information