Thread: Saturday's "Entertainment"

Jones44

Saturday's "Entertainment"

Does anyone remember the name of the guy who sang the National Anthem and God Bless America saturday night? I'd like to go to his website and let him know what I thought of the performances.

Unavailable

He's on tour right now with American Idols William Hung....
    "Strength and honor"

Angry The Bullfather

Did he just try out for American Idol or did he actually make the top 12? Either way, I know why he was voted off!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

allhailunc
    While he did have a very nice voice to me the National Anthem should be sung correctly,no "jazzing" it up or changing the tempo/tone just sing it like it was meant to be sung with "respect".

Jones44
    Whatever his name was, I could not help but shake my head in disgust during both songs. In my opinion, any performer who adds to/changes either song in any way shows a complete lack of respect for the songs and what they mean. Give me Robert Merrill or Ronan Tynan any day.

Angry The Bullfather

He also left out a word here or there! i.e. "The", "And" also "Or"!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Good Luck to All!!
    7ny Tommy *RiP* JB III 66
    *Go Kasey Kahne*

<3 always princess erin

I MISSED IT , Darn it.

I was not there that night but it sounds like it was not well appreciated. upon opening his website thanks to Racin Cutie. It says some of these highlights plus more:

1.That he is a native of New York and North Carolina? can you be a native of 2 places?
    2. His music all comes from truth and meaning.
    3.He has a goal to offer something a little different
    I guess there is more but this is from his website introduction.
    NICE WEB SITE THO>>>>????
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

Jones44
    Thanks RacinCutie. I hope those of you (like myself) who didn't appreciate Mr. Brinson's performance will write and let him know!

No problem

I am just going to keep it like this, if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all-lol

But really, I am not positive but I believe he is involved with the FOP and they brought him in, I am not sure though. I didn’t care for his performance, missed the second one and I was concentrating on driving during the first one, its scary to have 5 cop cars tailing you and like 18 all around-lol
    Good Luck to All!!
    7ny Tommy *RiP* JB III 66
    *Go Kasey Kahne*

<3 always princess erin

Angry The Bullfather

His website do not mention anything about American Idol! Riverhead Raceway kept announcing, for weeks, He was from American Idol. I thought we'd have Carrie Underwood or Bo Bice! Yes, I was sucked into watching the show! It was with the family and I picked at every mistake! Man, I felt like Walter! LOL Just Kidding!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

allhailunc
    Racin cutie-that was very diplomatic(your statement )and as for being "tailed by 5 cops cars with lights flashing-you handled that well too,but you must understand how some of us felt seeing that many cop cars and not being in the back seat of one(lol)

BWR
    HEY UNC I MISSED THE TRAIN GANG AGAIN....

I actually didn't think the performance was that bad. Some of the best musicians out there have "jazzed up" the anthem. Just look at Jimi Hendrix, guitar master and his rendition of the star spangled banner. Just simply awesome and it's definitely not text book.

44chargerfan
    But also Hendrix's version of the Star Spangled Banner(yes, i have heard it ) the way he played it was different. Hendrix played it like he normally played. It sounds like this guy was just signing diffErently than normal.

Thread Information