Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill France regarding NY Track progress

Bill France regarding NY Track progress

In NASCAR news Bill France was asked about NY Track progress;
    On the New York City track progress

"They've acquired the land, are doing the grassroots interest in the New York area, particularly Staten Island. They're having some success. They're working on the ingress/egress and the massive parking and transportation plan, which are coming along real well, and that's really all I know."

Notice he says, "particularly" Staten Island. Also says, "some success". Can we assume Yaphank's also being tossed around? I doubt there's any chance of 2 NASCAR tracks being built in N.Y., especially within such a close perimeter. I think we can go on a limb and bet there will be one or the other. Could we be so lucky ?
    "Strength and honor"

The Staten Island track will be built. I think the Mayor is on board with the project, as it is not being done with city money, and once they get a plan for traffic lined up, it will start.
    The Yaphank track, on the other hand, well, I doubt that will ever get built. Steve Levy, while not against the track, has stated that the land use is tied to building affordable housing on the site, along with the track. That is never going to happen. The people who want to build the track don't want to build housing. So that will be the deal breaker. But let us pretend that it does get built.
    SO here is what you have...
    Staten Island track owed by ISC.
    Yaphank track owned by a bunch of "outsiders"
    Who gets the Truck date, and maybe a Busch date.... Let me think....

The Yaphank track would be better built as a copy of Irwindale, and race weekly, and include multiple forms of racing. Then it would work, but the neighbors might complain.

And before anyone one says, "well those people who move in will know the track is there and not complain..".. well I know coffee is hot, but someone still got rich spilling hot coffee in their own lap while driving.... so clearly logic and reason has no place in the court of law.

btgoss
    btgoss

Let's Just Hope That Someone Builds A 1/4 Mile Track Somewhere On Long Island, Because Riverhead Raceway's Days Are Numbered.

44chargerfan
    Eventhough it would get rid of the chargers, blunderbusts,8's and maybe even the trucks, Riverhaed Township has perfect land to build. The Grumann Airstrips could be turned into a tri-oval like Talladega or then can use one strip for drag racing and use the other to make an oval

tgse
    Quote Originally Posted by btgoss
    The Staten Island track will be built. I think the Mayor is on board with the project, as it is not being done with city money, and once they get a plan for traffic lined up, it will start.
    The Yaphank track, on the other hand, well, I doubt that will ever get built. Steve Levy, while not against the track, has stated that the land use is tied to building affordable housing on the site, along with the track. That is never going to happen. The people who want to build the track don't want to build housing. So that will be the deal breaker. But let us pretend that it does get built.
    SO here is what you have...
    Staten Island track owed by ISC.
    Yaphank track owned by a bunch of "outsiders"
    Who gets the Truck date, and maybe a Busch date.... Let me think....

The Yaphank track would be better built as a copy of Irwindale, and race weekly, and include multiple forms of racing. Then it would work, but the neighbors might complain.

And before anyone one says, "well those people who move in will know the track is there and not complain..".. well I know coffee is hot, but someone still got rich spilling hot coffee in their own lap while driving.... so clearly logic and reason has no place in the court of law.

btgoss
    you are grossly misinformed my friend -on every point you tried to make in this post-especially that of the likelihood of the track being approved and built in Staten Island-there's probably a better chance of a superspeedway being built onthe moon

---the oval track is just one aspect of it---and there will be a 3/8 mile inside the 3/4 oval for "weekly racing"

Note to TGSE: Have you seen my post about the use of non-words? That's why some of yours is missing. I think it's important, if you're a spokesperson for something, to make an attempt to write your information professionally, not like some 13 year old in a chat room!!! You know, complete words, Capitalization where called for, proper punctuation, things like that. If your proposal to the county is written by you, this track will never break ground, much less get built. They'll wad your proposal up and put it in the round file.

W. Johnston
    Forum Moderator

demoderby309
    Quote Originally Posted by WJ
    prpoer punctuation
    proper punctuation, I got ya Walter.

You win the booby prize. Now go find yourself one and squeeze it. LOL.
    Yep. I, too, make occasional mistakes. Then I correct them. WJ

tgse
    Quote Originally Posted by tgse
    you are grossly misinformed my friend -on every point you tried to make in this post-especially that of the likelihood of the track being approved and built in Staten Island-there's probably a better chance of a superspeedway being built onthe moon

---the oval track is just one aspect of it---and there will be a 3/8 mile inside the 3/4 oval for "weekly racing"

Note to TGSE: Have you seen my post about the use of non-words? That's why some of yours is missing. I think it's important, if you're a spokesperson for something, to make an attempt to write your information professionally, not like some 13 year old in a chat room!!! You know, complete words, Capitalization where called for, proper punctuation, things like that. If your proposal to the county is written by you, this track will never break ground, much less get built. They'll wad your proposal up and put it in the round file.

W. Johnston
    Forum Moderator

youv'e (YOU'VE!) got to be kidding right----whee and prpoer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really do not think you would want to match wits with me my friend----it would not turn out very well for you---in any case no problem, this will be my last post on this site

allhailunc
    Hey Walt-is TSGE trying to worm in on my spot as the Jams biggest ballbreaker? and don't try to match wits with him-remember what happened when you tried that with me-all your hair turned grey (lol). TSGE- you've got to bring yourself down, my freind, from that pedestal you think you're on and bring yourself across a little more refined than what I've seen so far. we've not seen eye to eye on anything so far since you started posting here (which is why this sight is as good as it is, we are allowed to disagree on our thoughts & ideas). Maybe you're connected to the whole thing, maybe not but one thing is for sure, if you are, you should remember that it's us "local yokels" that will make or break this whole deal. I'm trying real hard to see things in a little more positive of a way, but the way you present yourself here on the Jam is a little too much for my style. One last thing; if you think you need to match wits with anyone, try me I'm always up for a good laugh. NUFF SAID

Maybe we need a poll ?

If we had a vote,who would want the 'yaphank super complex',or a 1.5 mile NASCAR track in Staten Island ? I'd vote Yaphank but the only negative is that because they want all that other stuff ,I'd guess it would probably take 2-3 additional years to make the Yaphank deal.
    "Strength and honor"

pitbull113
    Can't we all just get along!! lol.

tgse

With his grade school spelling and use of words if tgse goes through with his never posting on here again then he will be the only one to miss his posts. And Allhail why would you want to go to battle of wits with someone that has no weapons.

allhailunc
    Like I said Oldman-I love a good laugh. From what I've seen/heard from this person so far, he seems to think that he is "one step" above the rest of us Peons. The way he presents himself, along with the constant inclusion of the quotes. One thing I've never, ever though of myself is that I'm better than anyone else (cept maybe Dan D-"laugh out loud" I love ya Dan ) but this individual seems to come across as one who "knows it all" and does not like any sort of non-compliance with his train of thought. As for Walt's correction of punctuation/spelling, it's his obligation, as an administrator, to make damn sure of what is posted (both content & style) and if a correction has to be made, then he does it. Only those that take offense to his corrections and carry it on get "backlash" and if they cannot handle it-well "too bad". It's just a damn shame-this "idea" is great-the proposal/layout has some great qualities to it, but if it is his job to "promote" it to the public(whether here on The Jam-or anywhere else, for that matter) then I think they got the wrong spokesperson, plain and simple

Hey Walt-hope I spelled everything right & my punctuation was proper-you know how I take to being corrected.

Jones44
    Quote Originally Posted by racing#s
    If we had a vote,who would want the 'yaphank super complex',or a 1.5 mile NASCAR track in Staten Island ? I'd vote Yaphank but the only negative is that because they want all that other stuff ,I'd guess it would probably take 2-3 additional years to make the Yaphank deal.
    If it were one or the other, I'd vote for Staten Island.

tgse
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Johnston
    My, My, we BOTH make typos, what a revelation. As to matching wits, I wasn't trying to do that. Actually, I refuse to have a battle of wits with an UNARMED PERSON such as yourself.
    Check him out everybody, running away after one confrontation. He'll be a real ram-rod getting that entertainment complex built, don't you think???

Allhailunc: Sadly enough, I was sort of on his side with this. I tihnk it's a great idea, but if he really is the official spokeperson, that group is in Trouble. I simply called him on presenting himself in the professional manner you'd expect from someone in that position, and he took umbrage, and collected his toys and went home, wah, wah, wah!

Let me clarify how I view posting on this forum and any other forum for that matter. I do not consider these type of platforms to be proper for that of a "formal presentation" format. I view them as a bunch of interested parties and enthusiasts gathering to kick back and forth their personal thoughts, comments and suggestions in a lighthearted casual manner on a topic that they have a vested interest in. I respect the opinion of all others and do not in any way mean to come off as thinking I am above anyone on this site or anyone at all. If I did or do come across in that manner then please accept my apologies. I am not the official spokesperson for that company, but I am an interested party.

allhailunc
    Well there is something we don't see too often. TGSE, there is no need for an apology, for, as you so eloquently stated, this is a forum, as are many others, for interested parties to kick back and chat about their thoughts & ideas. It just seemed that in your postings you came across quite strong and opinionated (as we all can be here and I'm the first to admit it). Please accept my apology for my statement, for I was wrong and am willing to admit such. I do hope if you attend the races this weekend, I can convey such in person and maybe we can discuss this whole thing in a better frame of mind.

Thread Information