• Where it is - Riverhead

8 10.13%
  • Staten Island

4 5.06%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Track

44chargerfan

New Track

Where would you rather have a new track.

Where's this 1 1/2 mile track in Yaphank:-P ???

Yes we can! That's the beauty!

44chargerfan
    Sorry guys i was in a rush its Yaphank

Ok I corrected it, if that's ok with you.

44chargerfan
    Its Fine Ja

BWR
    I PERSONALLY WOULD PEFER A BIGGER TRACK. BUT WE ALL NEED TO REMEMBER, LONG ISLAND HAS HAD RACING FOR A VERY LONG TIME AND RIVERHEAD SURVIVED IT ALL. BUT, I LIKE THE YAPHANK TRACK'S THEME....I JUST WANT RACING TO STAY ON THE ISLAND. MY THOUGHTS.....WHICH IS PROBABLY 2 CENTS WORTH HERE.

P.S.- W.J PLEASE CHECK

DONE-WJ

Angry the bullfather

With the project for the Yaphank track, it's looks like Long Island is finally moving towards a great economy if it follows through. I say "Long Island" because, with Mr. Charles Wang wanting to re-haul the Nassau Colisseum plans, check out Newsday to see the plans. He just revised the project. With Top Gun and Mr. Wang, we cover both ends of the Island almost and bring jobs to the community with housing sky rocketing all over the place!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

tgse

why is large track at grumman even a choice???

a large track at Grumman is not even the most remote of a possiblity-should not be a choice

I live here in Riverhead and sad but true it won't happen but question was "Where would you rather have a new track", so I believe choice should stay. I would rather have it here also but will take anything 1/2 - 3/4 mile!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Mortgage Guy
    Grumman is such wasted land, you already have 2 straightaways and a garage area, but instead it just sits there being broken into small fragments that are usless....I wish they would build it there like Trump wanted, it would have created a ton of jobs for the locals...

tgse
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Johnston
    Look at it this way; anything is possible until the Riverhead Town Board decides what it is going to do with that property, if it ever does! O

been decided about a month ago---golfcourses and condo proposal was approved by Town board 4-1.

here ya go:

http://www2.timesreview.com/NR/index...3480210012.php
    Last edited by tgse; 07-19-2005 at 09:09 AM.

tgse
    Yeah, also a small article in business section of today's Newsday. As far as Trump proposal, ISC rejected idea after realizing getting the volume of people onto and off of Long Island associated with Cup racing would make it a disaster. First race might have worked, with off Islanders maybe not knowing how bad it was, but after that first time experience, likelihood of repeat customers would be reduced greatly, and there just aren't that many fans on L.I. to support a 100,000+ facility. Build a few more bridges (or tunnels), with adequate highways, and maybe that would have happened. But the mentality, if you can even admit that politicians have one, is that building roads is out, all money goes to mass transit. I don't picture a mass of fans arriving at any racing facility by train. I know Fontana in Ca. is served by rail, but only about 10,000 people use that means to get there, if that many.

disagree Walter--do you realize that every friday night between memorial day -labor day 45,000 cars cross pass the shinnecock bridge on sunrise hwy heading to the hamptons----45,000 cars that is in the very least 90,000 people and thats sunrise highway-2 lane sunrise highway--this is documented via traffic counts done by the the traffic engineering firm working on the yaphank project

tgse
    That was my point. You can't add more cars to the already crowded by the tourist and Summer residents that use these already inadequate roads. 45,000 cars use the same access roads that Nascar fans do to get on Long Island. Mid-town Tunnel, Whitestone Bridge, Triboro Bridge, Throgs Neck Bridge, Verrazano Bridge, and the free East River Bridges, all leading to a few 3 lane ( L.I.E, SS Pkwy, NS Pkwy) roads that get you to the same destination: Suffolk County.
    Now, Yaphank better than Calverton? Yes, because it's one exit closer, and easily accessed by Sunrise and L.I.E. Will it work? Ah, there's the big question. With proper access roads, probably, yes.
    exit directly off LIE service road with 4 stacking lanes in and 4 out of facility---LIE entrance for spectators of the facility only--entrance on Horseblock road for competitors and support vehicles only-----sound about right?

Mike Fields
    WJ, you forgot that any car, no matter how many passengers, can use the HOV lane on weekends. That makes it four lanes.

Thread Information