Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention: NEW Spell Check & Grammar Policy

Attention: NEW Spell Check & Grammar Policy

Walter and I discussed this tonight and we had a good battle of the ideas for 20 minutes, but as a team WE came up with this.

We will NOT edit your posts for spelling and grammar from NOW on, UNLESS you WANT us to. If you want to look like you have the communication skills of a 5-year old, that is your problem. We tried to spare you the embarrassment, but it seems that everyone thinks they know how to spell and how to write, so being the smart ones some of you are, you get your wish.

We will however still edit for unsubstantiated rumors as well as proper spelling and capitalization of names.

So for those who admit they make mistakes, e-mail us at forums@racerhub.com to continue your free spell check service.

Any questions feel free to e-mail me at JAckley@longislandjam.com or Walter at WJohnston@longislandjam.com

Thank you for your understanding,

Rich Johnson
    I would like to keep my free spell check service intact...
    I would prefer it be done quietly...So I don't look stupid to my peers.
    If I continue to make the same mistakes, and act arrogantly about my shortcomings, you have permission to "rub my face in it".

RACINRICH

Arrow Racin Right Rich

Spell check me, grammar check me, do what you feel is appropriate. That's what has been done in the past, and if you or the powers to be feel you need to delete a post/ reply because you THINKit's done on purpose or intentionally, then delete it!! (Maybe that word is spelled wrong? is spelt a word, like I spelt it wrong??? LOL

Yes, Dan, spelt is a word, and you used it correctly. WJ
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

allhailunc
    Same here-keep my spell check-deletion intact. But I warn you, if you do, it's not more White castles for you Ja & Walt-I'll figure something out for you
    Personally, though, I'd rather see it kept-sometimes a "misspelled" word or an improperly hyphenated word can be misconstrued as not what the author was attempting to get across, and we all know what can happen if that occurs.

44chargerfan
    Do No Spellcheck Me

Do No Spellcheck Me Two, LOL...............
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Mike Fields
    JA, does this mean the your new policy won't allow us to march on Home Depot in protest?

Mike, I think you are obsessed!!!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

BWR

Angry

HEY LEAVE HOMEDEPOT OUT OF THIS . CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE THE SPELL CHECK IS ON MY COMPUTER FOR THESE POST THAT I MAKE

Sorry Off Subject ...

Happy Birthday Mike Fields. Now, does that get deleted and spell checked?LOL
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

Mike Fields
    Geez Dan, I hope so!

WJ, u kan alwaz chek my speling and gramr thanx i rely apreciate it afta al i wudnt want to luk lik wild wile so do whateva ya ned to do so my posts lok lik they shud luk at al timz thanx for reeding this and il tauk to you soon

now that i lukd at this, i think tha word shud be 'tawk' not 'tauk' sory

debbie33

Elated

You can edit my posts whenever it is needed. I do not have a problem with someone telling me when I did something wrong. Well, yes I do but, I give you permission to do it.

THANK YOU! I guess I'll take the spell check.

Mortgage Guy
    Do not spell check me.....

Wink Word Up...............

Thanks for the assist W.J., before I could look it up in my Webster's you had my post corrected...........................
    You are truly a spelling "aficionado"..............................
    UNCLE PETEY.....................

Thread Information