Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone care to describe the 7/16 Feature?

Anyone care to describe the 7/16 Feature?

I missed the Feature having to shoot off after the mod consie to do some evening farm work, and was told I missed a very interesting one.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Things that I was told (but have nothing but second hand accounts to back up):

1. All in all.....it was a very clean charger race.
    2. The 21 was leading and heading for a win, but wound up being dumped.
    3. The 13 drove his best race ever finishing 6th.

I'm not looking to start anything but conversation here. Is the above correct and what else happened?

Douglas Corwin

Thanks WJ!

Guess I was a little too impatient to wait for the story line, and wanted more info than the tidbits those in the stands and pits told me.

Yep, got up the story a couple hours ago. Only 1 other at work today, so I HAD to come in. And I didn't get home until 1230AM. Man, past week has sucked for me, but I'm getting used to the time constraints. Just an adjustment period...

Thanks for writing Modified Fan. Your opinion is always valued here

Garret.

Congrats to Garret on a great race. To date, Garret and his friends have had the only craps game on an HJ bus. I believe all parties involved were over 21, at least thats what I'll tell the gaming commision if we get investigated

I thought the pass for the lead was OK. We've certainly seen others go even lower than the 44 did to pass, but as long as they call it the same next time, I don't have a real problem with it.
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

Elated SAY WHAT YOU MAY >>>>

O O Say what you may, but I think Gibbs still won the Charger race (my opinion only?)
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

The 44 was the first car across the line, but don't they race on the track, to the right of the white line?

I have known Ron Gibbs since his teaching days at West Babylon H.S. and his Late Model days at Freeport in the 70's. I spoke to Ron Gibbs after the race and after he and I spoke, he understood the call. Tough call to make...but if you or any other driver was passed in that fashion, you would be upset and want the spot /spots taken away.

Mark Gibbs is a good kid who, when presented with the news, acted in a professional manner.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

I think he got a raw deal honestly. Every week I see quite a few cars passing under that line and nothing is ever done about it. There was a car in the mod race that did it between turns 1 and 2 and nothing happened to him. I guess they only care when its for the lead.

From what I heAr from the 44 radio man is that the Gibbs got under the 21 and the 21 put him down low and if the 44 stayed in the groOve, he would HAVE spun the 21 out. Guys dont understand, if you are faster and you get a run down low and are by his door, you can't just cut down. My opINion is the 44 probAbly didn't want to make contact with the 21, so he went low and he made the pass. The 44 should have been the winner. I can't wait to see if I am right on the video clip we are now showing. Mr Gibbs, don't worry, I will give your son my trophy from the week before, BEcause your son deserved it. You guys are a class act. The first week in a boRROwed car also, damn good job kid. Chris Turbush

Well said chris!
    Last edited by W. Johnston; 07-18-2005 at 07:31 PM. Reason: THE REST, A NON-STOP RUN ON SENTENCE, DELETED Try again, Jim.
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Thumbs up Ditto

DITTO Ditto DID I SAY DITTO? No I typed it! Go Gibbs, GO Gibbs, and to think that was the first car spun last year, when I started in the chargers in between turn 1 and 2, which caused Brad to hit the wall, Sorry to #44 and #10 which was already said in person to both .

P.S dents, spins, wrecks,and punts have no #'s I was told... by Anthony Aiello,YeaH Right, They don't call me elephant man for nothing (memory, not size)
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.

This is extremely simple, Gibbs won and he gets robbed. That's simple enough. Of course, that's just my opinion. I felt very bad for Mr. Gibbs, because of the fact that I know him and he is a great guy. I saw him right after the race and he was very happy that he had won. It was like taking candy from a baby. Except it was a win from a guy.
    R.I.P. Joe This 3rd one is for you!!!!!

www.superprotruck.com

BSG Motorsports #01 Blunderbust

2004-2005 and 2008 SPT Champs.

R.I.P. 03,7,66,93

Jimmy D.
    Look at the pictures on the JAM, there are other cars passing under the line and nothing was done. Only the WINNER was put back. Great job Mark.

ditto

sorry I have to say DITTO again to maestri fan 1, and jimmy d

sorry off the subject ... How many tow trucks did it take to seperate Robin and and the #73??

QUICKMC73

Unhappy

Hi Dan D. It took 3 tow trucks to seperate Robin and I. Ask Robin and he will tell you exactly how it happened. Take care.

Hey brian got great footage from our tape come check out what happened.

Thread Information