View Poll Results: New Victory Lane Rule - limited to 10

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not fair, Their taking the "Glory" away from the Drivers, Crew and Fans, who all earned it.

51 73.91%
  • It's Fair, No one cares about the driver that just won the race.

1 1.45%
  • I Don't care either way. 10 people are more than enough.

17 24.64%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: REPOST: New Victory Lane Rule

Thumbs down New Victory Lane Rule

I think it's Unfair! I think that a lot of drivers have more then 10 people on their crews and then bring more people into the Grandstands to watch them.
    Last edited by DOR 58 FIGURE 8; 07-24-2005 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Changed Poll

Angry the bullfather

I counted 23 in Tommy Walkowiak's victory lane photo!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

The rule has been in effect for over 5 years. 10 people only. However, it hasn't been enforced too strictly over the last couple of years. It was put in place to help move the show along.
    Consistancy is the key.

Thumbs down

i think its a crock. its not consistent and when it is enforced it takes even longer than if everyone just went out.
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

W. Johnston
    I think the people in Victory Lane should be limited to a presubmitted and approved list of Sponsors, immediate Family (wife and children) and Crew only. The ceremony last sufficiently long as it is, and the amount of time it takes to get 30-40 people on and off the track takes away from keeping the show moving along. Those who you might think are being left out get to celebrate just fine in the pits afterwards, from what I've seen.

Just my opinion, not that of LI Jam.

I kinda agree with W.Johnston, no offense to other drivers that like to get interviewed and get pictures taken
    Long Island Motorsports Association
    Fighting for motorsports on long island.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Rich Johnson
    For all the work it takes to win...
    I don't think people should be turned away from "the picture"
    All people could be exited from the flagstand gate to speed up getting the next race out.

RacinRich

IDRIVEALARGECAR

victory lane

I think Victory Lane Pictures are what everyone goes to the races for in the first place but at other levels of this sport most victory lanes are off the track and most fans in the stands dont even get to see the celebration there so in light to small town/track racing they should let them have there moment in the spot light because after all it is Riverhead and they just dont have anywhere else they can do it for the fans enjoyment.maybe Victory lane can be in front of the tower in the pits after all there are gates everywhere even where the stands end on the front stretch to enter the pits JC

Walt obviously you have not put your hard earned money behind a driver and seen him win. It take $ and man hours(DEDICATION) to get to victory lane. You want to move the show along, this past Saturday after 3 feature events they had to take a 10 minute break(really it was about 20 mins) before they started the modified feature because the show was moving along to quickly. Give me a break, some drivers only get to victory lane once a season or less, let them enjoy it. I know you will have a response because you always have to get the last word in, but this is my thoughts on the subject.
    Last edited by Golf Guy; 07-24-2005 at 09:56 PM.

I've never heard of something more stupid in my life. That sucks, because family which is brothers, sisters, neices, nephews, etc. should all be allowed on the track after a victory, and then you have sponsors, well thats an obvious one, and last but not least friends, HELLO!!!!! they come out to watch a friend race and if the win they expect to be allowed on the track. Well al;l i can say is, if they don't get rid of this rule they better not enforce it, because if they do there will be a lot of unhappy race fans!!

I have to add one more thing in, someone said even if they don't let the people out on the track it still takes the same amount of time maybe even longer, well, heres proof of that for you. Last year when Lou Maestri won the title and they didnt let the family, friends, and even crew out on the track, Lou jumped up on to the wall, let everyone congradulate him and then knelt down and to pictures with all of the family, and friends.

JUST LET EVERYONE OUT ON THE TRACK IT WILL TAKE AN EQUAL OR SHORTER TIME!!!!!!
    Last edited by maestri fan 1; 07-24-2005 at 10:07 PM.
    R.I.P. Joe This 3rd one is for you!!!!!

www.superprotruck.com

BSG Motorsports #01 Blunderbust

2004-2005 and 2008 SPT Champs.

R.I.P. 03,7,66,93

I feel only letting 10 people out really isn't fair. I know my immediate family alone is 6 people besides my brother and then we have the crew, sponsors and my extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins) that are at the track every week to support my brother. How would we decide who gets to go out to celebrate? Family without a doubt should be there, the crew spends countless hours working on the car and the sponsors give us the money to allow us to run. That's not even talking about the people that we've become friends with over the years at the track...I know I enjoy going out to victory lane and being in "the picture" of my friends that win.
    Brunnhoelzl Motorsports 8x

Gone but Never Forgotten
    John Blewett III #66/#76
    Larry Costa #46

Charlie's Angel
    Well in reference to what WJ said "a submitted list of sponsors", that's not always possible because not the same sponsors come each week. Some try to make it when they can. So not sure how that would work. I'm only speaking theoretically of course being that we've never made it to victory lane ourselves as of yet. But I will say that if and when we do I would like to have all that I can of the people who are dedicated to our team and help us. Including friends and family. For now I don't mind waiting while the other winners before us have their 10 or 20 minutes of fame. They work hard and deserve it. I am just as excited for them when they win. I would like to feel what they have felt.
    Just my opinion.

You know everyone says 10-20 minutes in victory lane. the most i've ever really seen was 20 minutes and that was only for a tour race. It's ashame if this is enforced.
    R.I.P. Joe This 3rd one is for you!!!!!

www.superprotruck.com

BSG Motorsports #01 Blunderbust

2004-2005 and 2008 SPT Champs.

R.I.P. 03,7,66,93

W. Johnston
    Okay, did anyone read the "just my opinion" part of what I wrote? Let's take the average scenario listed here, 10-12 minutes for victory lane ceremony. 6 Features per night, that works out to 60-70 minutes of time spent by the fans in the stands sitting idly by. I've listened to what many of them have said around me, and they are not happy when it seems to drag on and on. I realize some drivers have large families, and that others only occassionally get to Victory Lane. My suggestion about a list was just that, a suggestion. I'm not saying limit it to 10 people, but unlimited can be trouble, as I know some teams have quite a large entourage and large families. Everyone of them doesn't necessarily work on the car, but I know, they lend moral support and contribute whatever they can. Think of the drivers lined up for the next feature, suited up and strapped in, especially during the hot weather we've had recently, who have to wait while all these folks are arranged for the photos. Then there is the time it takes for everyone to clear the track before any cars can roll out for the next feature. Maybe a nice Victory Lane area, set up off track, would solve this dilemna for everyone. I personally don't have a problem with it, I have much to keep me busy on a typical Saturday night, but I do hear the buzz around me from the average fans, and I'm just putting that into words they might say if they could.

P.S. Golf Guy- that 10 minute intermission was 38 minutes by my watch, and yes Bob Finan, some of us did time it, LOL!

Maybe They Could Have Victory Lane On The Back Stretch, This Way While They Are Taking Pictures, The Cars For The Next Feature Could Be Lining Up.

Thread Information