Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why was 81 put to the back?

QUICKMC73

why was 81 put to the back?

IDRIVEALARGECAR

Rough Riding

Brian they said he rough rode the 21, who was squirrelly most of the night and when he went into turn 2, I believe he was sideways and then bit and came down on Chris and he tapped him and well around he went. I guess that's rough riding now, since they decided to try and enforce it, they just missed the call on that one. Glad you made it home OK later On B. Joey C.

W. Johnston
    I beg to differ with that account. Chris Beutler was NOT squirrelly at the time of the incident, but holding his line, and Chris Turbush got under him, trying to pass. Chris Beutler was holding his line, and Chris T., for as early in the race as it was, should have backed off and tried to pass him at a later opportunity. I know these to be the facts because it took place almost directly in front of where I was sitting. I don't think Chris T. should have gotten as emotionally upset as he did, getting put down for the night, either, but that's the officials call after his actions after being told to go to the rear, not mine. Sadly, the party who was affected most, Chris B., who was spun out as a result of this, was not given his spot back, but was also penalized for 'causing the yellow', and was sent to the rear of the field.

Mortgage Guy
    WJ....You are wrong here my friend, Chris B came over and apologized for chopping Chris T, he didn't know he was down there and that was how it went, as far as him being upset, I think it carries over from last week, when he was in the front and the bumper was hanging and they black flagged him and now this, plus it was his sponsors night at the races and he wanted the win...In the officials defense they are seeing it from the complete opposite side of the track and it looked different to them, just a shame...I would have liked to give him the trophy last night..

Ace is offline 8,81 & 88 Turbush Racing
    A couple of things here WJ, you say the 81 was under the 21,so why should he back off and try later?The incident took place on LAP 12 that's not early to me in a 20 lap race. The 21 has ALWAYS raced this way. He has NO clue what CAR LOW MEANS. He was the cause for the yellow so you go to the rear of the field. Sadly though the 21 could have given the 81 room and perhaps he could've finished 4th instead of 15th

Looked to me like the 81 was under the line. Not the only guilty party in that regard as it seems to be a popular place to be. Wanna fix it? Put the same cones they put out for the figure eight cars there. Same kind of move happened in the BB feature and there was no call putting either car to the rear so I guess some consistency in officiating would help. JMO

W. Johnston
    Okay, maybe I was little off the mark here. But Chris T. only had his nose under Chris B., and if he'd backed off just for a second, Beutler could have corrected. Turbush, was, as stated above, under the white line. It's a problem in almost every race, and the fix is elusive at this point. Cones?? Yeah, except for the accompanying yellow each time one gets hit onto the track. That breaks momentum and rhythm, and adds to the time limit problem. Maybe raising the 'speed bumps' a couple of inches, making it uncomfortable to even ride over them, but still with enough clearance to not do damage to the car that does ride over them.
    I have to point out that the officials see everything from the start/finish line area or the turn 3-4 end of the track, so my view sitting in turn 1 stands would be from a different perspective. Others probably saw it from other angles. It's a shame that two good drivers suffered because of this incident, and I feel badly for both of them. Maybe something good will come of it, I don't know, but every incident is a lesson for someone, and we all have to draw our own conclusions and do the best we can individually to work for a change to improve things for everyone. Drivers should bring it up at a drivers meeting with officials. We know the officials read these posts, and maybe a change will be implimented to help all involved. Again, I meant no harm in what I said, and did not mean to cause anyone distress. I was just commenting on what I saw, from where I saw it.

If Chris Would Have Backed Off And Not Put The Nose Under Chris Where There Was Not Enough Room, Everything Would Have Been Ok. Also If He Would Have Just Gone To The Rear With Out Complaining And Doing His Little Burn Out In Front Of The Officials, He Would Not Have Been Dqed. I Know The Turbush Fans Will Not Agree But That's How It Was.

IDRIVEALARGECAR

Just another Night

80 something degrees out, short track racing, greasy track, sponsors night, tempers will flare whenever that mix is involved. Woulda, shoulda, and coulda's dont really come into play at the race track. So it was done and is over with, and no one is to blame, it's what happens in short track racing. Thank goodness for the forum for people to vent their fustrations, instead of more senseless fights in the pits. It's all supposed to be fun as far as I know, but there is always the chance of something out of the ordinary happening at the 'HEAD. Good luck next week guys. Joey C., CMR Motorsports

I guess you both are right. The 21 radio man told him car low and he thought he heard clear low. Yes, I did go under the white line into one, that's because he was coming straight down on me. The only fault of mine was I hit the brakes going into the corner and if I didn't, we would've hit door to door. Instead, I hit him right after the numbers and his car is very unstable, as you see, it kind of looks like a dirt car rolling over in the turns. His nose is on the white line and his *** end swings out. But I guess that's why the 44 car went way under the white line 2 weeks ago, to avoid a similar accident and he was sent to 2nd after the win. As far as being sent in for a little burn out, well I kinda thank them for saving my 10 dollars worth of gas. I get sent in last week for a bumper not even dragging the track while in 5th. Week 6, I start dead last and they pull my motor for an altercation outside the track. Oh yeah, I finished 14th the night I had to pull my motor. Then the very next week, a guy in mods chokes a guy on the track and another mod speeds through pits and hits a modified back after he hits him. No starting in the rear or pulling their motors. Fair?????????????????????????????

The 21 has been racing for awhile and still seems to be struggling on the track? Dirt tracking is the best definition to what he seems to be doing out there. The 81 did go under the white line, because the 21 was coming down... maybe the 81 shouldn't have gone under the white line, then the 21 woulda probably ended up in the wall. You guys don't have tapes of the race where you can go back and check it out to see what really did happen. We watch tapes all week and see every little thing that happens, in slow motion and over and over again. I get sick of watching it so much, but we find out what really happens. You guys just see it once and you could've misjudged it. I think it makes the 8 and 81 better drivers after watching what their mistakes were, week in and week out.
    And I think if you put cones out there, it would double the amount of wrecks due to guys trying to avoid the cones.
    Who cares what happened after the fact that the 81 got put down, because what's the point of runnin' in the back with 8 to go anyway? My opinion is that the 21 needs to make ADJUSTMENTS at the track or do something to make his car more controlable out there. I'm sure he is a great driver, it's just not showing out there with that car.

IDRIVEALARGECAR

Amen

Amen Dozer and Turbo, no one can say it better, some cars there need back-up lights and alarms to warn others of their misfortunes of an ill running/handling racecars, but again, keep it fun and fun it will be... JC

I think the Turbush's are onto something, but maybe instead of bashing the kid, help him out. Chris Beutler is one of the nice guys in the pits and sticks to himself along with his father. He doesn't have the funds like many of the other teams have, but nevertheless makes due, and pretty well. Some funding and some help could help drive the #21 to be more competitive and thus you guys can have some fun out there, rather than just getting all angry at each other. Just a thought...

Jimmy D.
    Hell, the Tubush's offer help all the time. Just last week I broke a tranny and Danny offered to lend me his spare. Then he offered up Chris to change it LOL. Tough break, Chris.

You are right, I think the 21 isn't a bad person. I think they just think their car is faster than it is and they aren't keeping up with the times. I think if the kids father would spend more time working on the car instead of boosting the kid up to all the other competitors he would be fine. If they wouldn't talk about people behind their backs, also would help. BECause word gets around fast. People don't like cry babies. Jim D., heck of a race.
    Last edited by W. Johnston; 08-09-2005 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Sentence containing non-words deleted!

Thread Information