Thread: why was 81 put to the back?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    QUICKMC73

why was 81 put to the back?

IDRIVEALARGECAR

Rough Riding

Brian they said he rough rode the 21, who was squirrelly most of the night and when he went into turn 2, I believe he was sideways and then bit and came down on Chris and he tapped him and well around he went. I guess that's rough riding now, since they decided to try and enforce it, they just missed the call on that one. Glad you made it home OK later On B. Joey C.

W. Johnston
    I beg to differ with that account. Chris Beutler was NOT squirrelly at the time of the incident, but holding his line, and Chris Turbush got under him, trying to pass. Chris Beutler was holding his line, and Chris T., for as early in the race as it was, should have backed off and tried to pass him at a later opportunity. I know these to be the facts because it took place almost directly in front of where I was sitting. I don't think Chris T. should have gotten as emotionally upset as he did, getting put down for the night, either, but that's the officials call after his actions after being told to go to the rear, not mine. Sadly, the party who was affected most, Chris B., who was spun out as a result of this, was not given his spot back, but was also penalized for 'causing the yellow', and was sent to the rear of the field.

Mortgage Guy
    WJ....You are wrong here my friend, Chris B came over and apologized for chopping Chris T, he didn't know he was down there and that was how it went, as far as him being upset, I think it carries over from last week, when he was in the front and the bumper was hanging and they black flagged him and now this, plus it was his sponsors night at the races and he wanted the win...In the officials defense they are seeing it from the complete opposite side of the track and it looked different to them, just a shame...I would have liked to give him the trophy last night..

Ace is offline 8,81 & 88 Turbush Racing
    A couple of things here WJ, you say the 81 was under the 21,so why should he back off and try later?The incident took place on LAP 12 that's not early to me in a 20 lap race. The 21 has ALWAYS raced this way. He has NO clue what CAR LOW MEANS. He was the cause for the yellow so you go to the rear of the field. Sadly though the 21 could have given the 81 room and perhaps he could've finished 4th instead of 15th

Looked to me like the 81 was under the line. Not the only guilty party in that regard as it seems to be a popular place to be. Wanna fix it? Put the same cones they put out for the figure eight cars there. Same kind of move happened in the BB feature and there was no call putting either car to the rear so I guess some consistency in officiating would help. JMO

Thread Information