Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why was 81 put to the back?

Question so familiar

It has been a year since I gave the chargers a try and unless you have driven and raced a charger its hard to really put yourself in the driverseat and visualize what Dan and Chris are explaining. And after hearing people say: "if he'd backed off just for a second" and "If Chris Would Have Backed Off "
    1st hand.... grandstand driving does not cut it when that stuff is said . It may look like it ,and it may have been possible if he lifted? braked? what ever . Like Chris said if he did not hit the brakes he would have hit door to door ... then again if he braked harder then maybe would have slid up??? I do not know I was not there so this is just a reply of a inside/outside view on this thread. I do know that when your behind or either side of a "loose" or "squirrely" car its a split second by split second that stuff happens to either or both cars..Unfortunatley I found out the hard way when I thought I should treat the unstable cars as a enduro cars and help them spin the car out prematurely, unfortunatley i would then pass the spin car on the otside causing the upcomming cars to get into the wall. Both Danny and Chris Turbash are totally in control of their cars 100% of the time to the best that they can be using countless years of experience in racing.
    Time for the next race .. get the cars ready instead of being on this computer!!!!!! LOL remember X marks the SPOT!!
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

Ya know its interesting that you say that Dan, the part about drivers being in control. That's what makes the "move" work. Most of the time the guy spinning goes to the back alone. In those cases the guy who "sent" him goes on with out penalty. If the officiating in all the weekly divisions was consistent, you would always get sent to the rear when it happens. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone other than the officials with regards to this post. If everytime the "pass" to the inside resulted in the car on the outside spinning got the same results from the officials, I think the whole problem would fix itself. Nothing to do with anyones skills, car setup, blah blah blah. At other tracks, similar situations seem to be handled just that way and it seems to work. With some practice the racing would be better, which is what I pay to come see.
    Again, its just my opinion.
    Last edited by art11758; 08-10-2005 at 04:30 PM. Reason: trying to make my point a bit clearer.....

true

I agree for the most part with that except if its obvious that "the outside car" came down or chopped down on the inside car. very good point . Getting a foot inside the door entering a turn when that happens ??????both cars to the back????? It is a I saw, he saw, you saw, .....and THE REPLAY SHOWS.. anyhow, back to the hot post now of Congrats Chris on the double pointer .. hmmm isn't that the guy that was involved in this post????LOL
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

Actually the original post is in regard to the #21 and #81 tangle which is a week old and resolved to the best it can be. So in respect to the #21 and #81, this topic is closed.

Thread Information