Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspension & fines handed out tonight

Suspension & fines handed out tonight

I heard a few drivers got suspended & or fined for a number of different things tonight. Fighting, rough driving, mayhem. (John) Denniston tossed a chair at one of the trucks windshields as he came off the track. Dangerous Dave had a fight in the pits with Dumicich Jr. Sounds like it was an exciting night.
    "Strength and honor"

Denniston threw the chair at Lou Maestri's windsheild. Bill sat down John for the night.
    R.I.P. Joe This 3rd one is for you!!!!!

www.superprotruck.com

BSG Motorsports #01 Blunderbust

2004-2005 and 2008 SPT Champs.

R.I.P. 03,7,66,93

good2go1963

Reason?

Did something on the track lead up to all of this or was there a full moon or something in the air that had people acting wacky?

I wasn't there but from what I heard people where trying to wreck Lou from the start. So seeing I wasn't there, don't go all off on me if I'm a little off on my info.
    Last edited by W. Johnston; 08-15-2005 at 03:44 PM. Reason: to remove hearsay story

www.superprotruck.com

R.I.P. 03,7,66,93

KickItUp
    I saw the race, but didn't see the fights.. I did not see anyone bothering to try to wreck Lou.. I did not see what happened between him and BlewEtt, I looked up and saw BlewEtt backwards and hard into turn 3.. I figured from the way he was positioned, he didn't just spin out, but I did not see who may have been involved.. I was watching him for quite a few laps, and towards the end, he was making clean passes on the outside..
    I will say again though, I never did see anyone trying to wreck Lou the entire race..

Charlie's Angel
    I didn't see the race either. But I was at Lou's pit after the race. By the time he got back to his pit he had a chair thrown at his truck, hitting the windshield and a swing at him hitting him in the goggles while he was driving to the pit. The person that took the swing then started yelling from some distance down to Lou telling Lou to come take a swing at him if he wants. Lou told him he didn't want to. I later found out the identity of the guy from the guy's family member who had to hold him back from any further trouble. I know they weren't happy with his actions that day. But it's not for me to name him on here. The officials I believe are aware of the situation. I'm friends with the parents so i'm not naming names..but whatever happened on the track between Lou and Blewitt should have been dealt with between them two. At least Johnny did stand up for what he did and took his penalty. I'm not happy with the chair throwing but I like that he did the right thing in end and no one was hurt. Although I don't believe any apologies to Lou were made by him or the guy throwing the punch. But I don't know, maybe before the end of the night they did and I just didn't hear about it.

I Did Not See.....

There seem to be a lot of "I DID NOT SEE IT'S". I know one thing... I did not see it because I was not there.
    Actual Quotes from the replies in this threads:

I didn't see the race either
    but didn't see the fights..
    I did not see anyone bothering to try to wreck Lou
    I did not see what happened between him and BlewEtt,
    but I did not see who may have been involved..
    I never did see anyone trying to wreck Lou the entire race..
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

The way it looked to me was that Lou was points racing and saw Gardner making up a few spots at the end.Jimmy was passing clean on the outside and Lou didn't want to lose any more spots. I don't think he wanted the end result, but he definitely overdrove and wrecked a good truck for no reason. I did not see the action in the pits, but a hit like Jimmy took would only suggest tempers flare up.Just my opinion

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!!

I'm a fan of Lou's, but I agree with Wheel racing totally on that one.
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

I was there and I was in the pits afterwards....Lou didn't deserve to get hit in the goggles, BUT does John Denniston deserve to have to pay for Lou's stupidity? Does Jimmy B. deserve to get wrecked on purpose? Instead of talking about Lou deserving some apologies,maybe Lou should apologize and race clean. Racing equipment doesn't grow on trees!
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Charlie's Angel
    Rob, perhaps you are right about Lou apologizing for racing the way he did. Again I didn't see the incident on the track. But he wasn't given the opportunity to apologize now was he?? They took matters into their own hands with their violent acts. Perhaps if either Johnny or Jim came to Lou to discuss it, it would have gone down differently. Although, Lou told me that night that he and Jim did talk and Lou asked him if he were ok and he said "yes, are you?" Other than that nothing else was said between them. I was telling what I witnessed in the pits. I never said what happened on the track was right or wrong or placed blame. I said it was between them.
    By the way, I also know how expensive it is to repair a damaged vehicle. We have had to many times as well. In fact, I'm sure we will many more times. It's racing on a 1/4 mile track. I'm not a wealthy person either. I know the expense that goes into this.

Racin Rob just so you know, Lou is the cleanest racer out there. As for him taking out Jim B. That was because he was driving into Lou left and right. But its over and done with. Just let them all race clean.

www.superprotruck.com

R.I.P. 03,7,66,93

Quote Originally Posted by maestri fan 1
    I wasn't there but from what I heard people where trying to wreck Lou from the start. So seeing I wasn't there, don't go all off on me if I'm a little off on my info.
    I quoted your earlier post that stated you weren't there and now your sayin Lou was getting run into left and right? How did you see that one? If Lou is the cleanest racer out there, then why did he dump Jimmy B.? I'm not even a Jimmy B. fan, and I am not biased against Lou, I just hate to see equipment get ruined for stupidity and I'm sure more people can agree.
    Last edited by RacinRob; 08-16-2005 at 11:33 AM.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

good2go1963
    One thing is sure, there were two incidents that carried over from the track and into the pits. I, too, am concerned about people's equipment being damaged, but on a broader picture, what about a safe night of racing for all of us and our families? We all have anger when we feel that someone did us wrong so to speak, but as rational adults, we should be able to keep our anger in check to ensure the safety of those around us. Either of these incidents could have resulted in injury to innocent people in the pit area. A chair crashing into a windshield, or a blind hit to the head, could have caused the driver to lose control, and even at a minimal speed, injure bystanders. The other two trucks speeding through the pits, with one crashing into the other could have wiped out a whole crew. The equipment is important, fair play on the track is important, but bottom line is, a safe night of racing is the most important. Can't we all just get along? We don't all have to like each other, but is your anger at that other crew really worth someone's safety?

broz
    Here Here Most intelligent post in this thread
    Well put good2go1963

Thread Information