Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helping Hand in the pits .

Helping Hand in the pits .

It was nice to see 1st hand the efforts made by all, especially Joe Bertuccio to get J-Rod #08 back on the track after having a few wires melted down (ignition). The teamwork was a real nice thing to see under pressure, people running to check for this, others running for that, handing this to Joe, etc.. Great efforts by all.
    I really do not think that J-Rod Intentionally Caused a Caution to come back out after making it around the track 1 lap and going high in turn 4 to get out of the way of traffic, in which the announcer said he was going to be penalized for 1 lap. Also, he was in motion in the pits and pulling on ramp when the announcer said he was locked out ..not in time .. I thought that if a car was in motion in the pits, they would let the car back on the track?
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

Also, why was the 39 given his spot back when he was involved in the big one. He was stopped facing backwards. With J-Rod the track should have let him out. The rule is if your in motion they will hold the gate. It also depends who you are.
    Support our Troops

jimmy'z
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool
    It also depends who you are.
    I think that sums it up.

The 39 was NOT involved in that wreck. He slammed on his brakes to avoid it and slid up into it. This is directly from Mike R assistant starter, who has the best view of turn 1 and 2 because that is what he is assigned to watch during features.
    Christine
    ch7296@msn.com

J-Rod was not too far behind the 88 in the pits coming back on to the track, they let the 88 on the track no problem but held the 08? They already docked the 08 a lap so why hold him also in the pits and not let him out? All depends on who you are.. thats the truth and it sucks but its what makes Riverhead earn its "reputation".

Who you are can work both ways.

Lightbulb Glad You ..

Glad you were not in that car W.J.? So maybe the alligator clip or ??? needed a piece of tape to hold it in position, so that it would not disconnect the juice ?
    Yes, cars can roll down under no power, if the traffic permits? Hmmnn Roll down, take a chance on causing a wreck, while the green is still lit? True about the lapped car that comes back out with a 1/2 ashed attempt to get some laps in, except where a car is running fine, and it's not sputtering going off the track in the first place or not running properly at the gate waiting to come back on. What reputation are you talking about Turbo?
    thats the truth and it sucks but its what makes Riverhead earn its "reputation".
    The one about the track being the only oval race car track left on Long Island? Or the one 'There are no Who's Who when it comes to racing at Riverhead Raceway'? Remember, It's the only Track left and it's in our own back yard ..
    Maybe J-Rod was in the running for points???LOL
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.

jimmy'z
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN D.
    There are no Who's Who when it comes to racing at Riverhead Raceway.
    Not an official one ..

Quote Originally Posted by DAN D.
    Remember It's the only Track left and its in our own back yard ..
    Kind of like saying "Since they're the only kid on the playground with a ball they can do whatever they want" .
    The bulk of racers at Riverhead have to put up with a lot of shennanigans just to race there every week. It's absurd. The place would fare so much better if they quit worrying about whos pockets they're dipping into and just focused on putting on a show.

Some dissention amongst the participants is fine. It keeps rivalries going and feeds new ones. The level they are at now with the amount of people racing there each week saying the same thing as the next guy (or girl!) and so on and so forth....

Something's gotta give.

allhailunc
    Not only was RJ not involved (slammed in his brakes to avoid), but he was not only able to re-start, but able to get away under his own power. Rule states if the lap wasn't fully completed, then the driver goes back into his position before the incident.

44chargerfan
    Why was tribuzio given his spot back when he had hit the brakes slammed into another car and had completley spun around.

Riverhead is giving RJ the championship.
    Support our Troops

When has RJ become a track favorite? Geez, I remember it wasn't that long ago when the track was busting his chops and setting him to the back every chance they got.

This year RJ has remained relatively quiet and minded his manners all year. He's kept his nose clean and that's usually what makes a champion. Looking down the list of past champs, you got guys like Glenn Tyler, Gregg Shivers, Scott Kulesa, and Steve Tooker who are guys who race a "smart" race. They aren't overly aggressive, but know "when" to make the move.

That's why RJ is in the points lead. And others have had a combination of bad luck and forgetting the big picture.

If the track was "giving away" championships then why was (of all people) Tom Rogers the modified champ last year?? He earned that just like RJ is trying to earn his. As far as why J-Rod was not allowed back on the track, I don't know either. What I can tell you is that the officials making that decision usually do so for everyone's safety. There had to be a reason and I am sure it was a good one. Instead of everyone speculating and accusing, why don't you ask them. Usually, it is Mike Cappiello and Jim Maggio who check the cars before they go out on the track. If you ask (nicely), I am sure they would answer you.
    Christine
    ch7296@msn.com

allhailunc
    Giving it to RJ? Hmmm, now that's funny . When RJ does win it, he will do it by earning it the way it should be done, hard, yet clean driving. Unlike many of the "young guns" who must "banzai" through to hopefully win, and in the process destroy other vehicles (this goes for all the divisions), RJ takes his time, waits for the right moment and makes his move. A previous post named some of the other drivers whom I also consider in the same basic mold, but to say being "given" the championship is as funny as free entrance to the pits for all this weekend.

Elated Ditto W.j.

W.J. I say DITTO to ya. when you stated
    We can all second guess that decision, but it won't serve any purpose.
    O

Thread Information