Thread: Radiators...2006

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    spier racing 93

Radiators...2006

Billy, I think you should think about allowing a "hoop" on the front bumper to protect the radiator. It would keep more people in the race and it would at least slow the damage process which would stop antifreeze/coolant spills on the track. Just something to think about.

Very good idea but my only quam with that is that it would benefit more as being a plow for those who like to go out and hit everything in their path as we saw in the last race. Im all for protecting my car, believe me. But I just think some of these guys would take that idea and run with it. Just an extra "grey area".
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

spier racing 93
    Yeah, that is very true. I started thinking about that after I had posted. But if you intentionally use it at a plow, couldn't it be considered "rough riding"?

JCenduro

Bracing radiator

Ty great idea,The best idea probably would be to allow a brace behind radiator support with one upright per side,connected to frame.This way you would have the support of the radiator to withstand some more brutal punishing.

Rich Johnson
    If the modification was limited to two uprights and one bar across, with no other triangluation, this would NOT create a "battering ram"... It would save some radiators, keep people in the race and most likely keep the track a little dryer.
    I feel placing bars around the fuel cell is even more important...This is allowed (at Mountain)... At the Mutha, I was hit in the back a few times.
    The bar I had behind the cell is bent now...If this protection was not there, I might not be typing this.

RACINRICH
    Last edited by Rich Johnson; 12-12-2005 at 03:48 AM.

JCenduro

What rule changes if any?

Trying to put my car together ,but can't do anything till I see what the rule changes are.Any inside info on rules for 2006.I heard a few things,I would just like to know what to do for my car.Any help would be great.Thanks

Thread Information