Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Radiators...2006

spier racing 93

Radiators...2006

Billy, I think you should think about allowing a "hoop" on the front bumper to protect the radiator. It would keep more people in the race and it would at least slow the damage process which would stop antifreeze/coolant spills on the track. Just something to think about.

Very good idea but my only quam with that is that it would benefit more as being a plow for those who like to go out and hit everything in their path as we saw in the last race. Im all for protecting my car, believe me. But I just think some of these guys would take that idea and run with it. Just an extra "grey area".
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

spier racing 93
    Yeah, that is very true. I started thinking about that after I had posted. But if you intentionally use it at a plow, couldn't it be considered "rough riding"?

JCenduro

Bracing radiator

Ty great idea,The best idea probably would be to allow a brace behind radiator support with one upright per side,connected to frame.This way you would have the support of the radiator to withstand some more brutal punishing.

Rich Johnson
    If the modification was limited to two uprights and one bar across, with no other triangluation, this would NOT create a "battering ram"... It would save some radiators, keep people in the race and most likely keep the track a little dryer.
    I feel placing bars around the fuel cell is even more important...This is allowed (at Mountain)... At the Mutha, I was hit in the back a few times.
    The bar I had behind the cell is bent now...If this protection was not there, I might not be typing this.

RACINRICH
    Last edited by Rich Johnson; 12-12-2005 at 03:48 AM.

JCenduro

What rule changes if any?

Trying to put my car together ,but can't do anything till I see what the rule changes are.Any inside info on rules for 2006.I heard a few things,I would just like to know what to do for my car.Any help would be great.Thanks

spier racing 93
    2006 rules (along with the schedule) will be out sometime in December according to the NEETS website.

This is an enduro series, the cars are suposed to be stock. I feel that if you let people put bars up front they will build unstopable tanks and someone is gona get hurt. The drivers need to pay attention to whats going on in front of them. I went through the whole 2005 season and only lost 1 radiator, and all that I spilled was water because that is all we are suposed to have. We don't need any bars up front, we just need to pay a little better attention.
    WOOT

Atta boy Woot! Yea I just think having bars or a cage for a radiator is too much. Believe it or not, there are ways too reinforce your radiator support without building extra support bars. If you read the rules thoroughly, just a little thought and homework is all it will take to make your car a little tougher and perfectly legal. The more bars and cages we put in the more we take away from our division.
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

spier racing 93
    I totally agree with you on the paying attention part Woot. Seems like only a few people watch for the red flag/lights. Always gotta worry about getting run over from behind.

winky417
    Right On Woot !!!!! we don't need no stinking extra rad supports !!! Just more drivers with common sense. We race enduro's (which means to endure) not go out there and hit every car you can!!!!! if ya want to do that go run DEMO derbies!!!!!! A more important issue is SAFETY!!!!! Like Rich said, he got plowed when stopped for a red flag. I think FUEL CELLS should be MANDATORY !!!!!!!!! theres way to many cars out there with stock tanks !!!!!!! thats an explosion waiting to happen. Remember the idea of our series is to be STOCK with SAFETY as the #1 concern ! Maybe a rule like this would work??? AND be inforced!!!! If stock tank is located behind rear wheels it Must be removed and fuel cell installed centered in trunk as far forward as possible.. 2.. if stock tank is located under center section of car, a metal shield must be installed under tank and be securely fastened to floor of car. Think about it everyone, it makes sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!----Maddawg417-12

Sac-Man

Thumbs down No to radiator bars

I agree with keeping everything stock and no extra support bars in the front of the car. At the MUTHA I saw cars with ¼” angle iron welded between the front bumper supports. 1” rerod welded behind the fender sheet metal and hoops welded on top of the front bumper to protect the radiator. I also saw a car with a plate metal fabricated front bumper. I asked a NEETS official if these were legal and he said I could make a visual protest to the tech guy. I don’t want to be a whistle blower. These infractions are blatant and in plain sight. These cars should not be permitted on the track. As more drivers see others with this reinforcement out on the track they will think it is acceptable and do it themselves. I don’t think the argument that they will just be DQ’ed is good enough. Who wants to fall victim to an accident with an illegally reinforced car? There was at least one crew that had cutting torches at the track. Make these illegal cars cut the bars out and send a clear message that this is wrong.
    For the record I use the stock fuel tank which is located forward of the rear wheels in my car. I have no problem and support extra bars protecting the fuel tank, driver and passenger doors. An anti-submarine bar welded to the rear bumper. I also support use of fuel cells and the 6-gallon marine style plastic tank provided they are inspected and truly securely mounted.
    I love the enduro class and want to keep it just that…

John Saccomandi

spier racing 93
    What ever happened to having inspections before the cars hit the track?

NEETS-1
    Would you like to help out and do it Mr. Spier?...How 'bout racin' more and complaining less

spier racing 93
    I just think if there are going to be rules and a tech man, they should be enforced. Its obvious that people have illegal cars and arent getting DQ'ed.
    Last edited by spier racing 93; 11-27-2005 at 05:43 PM.

Thread Information