Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Radiators...2006

rcp_ny
    Billy, to me that all sounds very reasonable.

One suggestion on a way to split the fields when they are too big: split them into prize-money and trophy-only fields, and make us choose which one when we sign in in the tower. I would think that would naturally separate those with know-how from us speedbumps. The only drawbacks I could see are (1) not splitting the fields evenly, but that might be ok, and (2) you'd have to decide to split the fields before actually seeing how many cars showed up. You could always start by assuming a split field, but have us draw cards from just one deck. Then you could re-lump us if too few showed up.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving... I know I added about 10 pounds of left side weight.

spier racing 93
    In regards to splitting the field, a fellow enduro series, the Midwest Enduro Tour Series (Website ), splits the field into 3 divisions each race. Section 1 is for drivers with 3+ wins. Part 2 is for drivers with limited experence. Part 3 is for rookies.
    Last edited by spier racing 93; 11-29-2005 at 04:21 PM.

i dont think we should spit the cars up at all when your fast in a 70,80,90 car race you just got to show more leway with the lap cars and ant enduros ment to be a lot of cars in a race ,less cars puts less driveing out of it and more on what your cars got and at that point we might as well run thillers

NEETS-1
    Ty, I am very familiar with the Midwest Stock car series....I have talked to the promoter many times. One thing you forgot to mention was they still all run together whether they be rookies or veterans which is not splitting the field...only splitting the purse to your status. Last time I heard from a few of their members, they are in trouble, losing tracks, car counts down and may be no more pretty soon, if not already, so why would I copy a dying series?
    Miller...I never seen a Thriller race starting 3 wide with 30,40,50 cars in it with no yellows....(not the same). I am looking at a safety issue and how to save your equipment. Sure, I am for pleasing the fans..there will still be some incedents...but I just don't want anyone hurt.
    I am not going to wait until someone gets hurt to change our procedures. I have a normal insight and can tell you with true honesty, I believe that if our events continue to have 70-90 cars...something bad will happen. I am going to cure it before it happens.

Billy,
    Split it right down the middle, that way there is a little bit of every different type of driver. And if you need any help on race day...I'm here to volunteer...will be there the whole season...kids are older and two of them drive now (god help us).
    See you at the banquet.
    Cin

leave it just the way it is. if you want to run with 20 cars go race a thriller car or blunderbust.i'd rather run with a 100 cars anyday this is why its called ENDURO racing. If theres to many crashes , to bad learn how to drive and take it easy the first half of the race. IT also takes to long to do a small car and big car race during the day if we start splitting the divisions up we'll be there all night then have a 3hr. ride home.Besides running the GAUNTLET is half the fun.If you can think of a way to make it safer where all behind you billy.
    Last edited by ray fitzgerald; 11-29-2005 at 07:11 PM.

Wink Radar Ray.....................

Just cause you got a map of the mine field and we don't, lol ..................
    Everybody wants to race the enduros fast but you gotta last to be fast.......................
    So boys and girls, drop those purses and get some seat time....................
    Stop talking about the R thing, it makes me crazy, hehe....................
    UNCLE PETEY..........................

enduro13x

splitting the field

i dont think that the field should be split because personally, i think it makes the racing more fun. im also in full support of the permanent number idea because that way, a driver wouldnt have to worry about their number being taken each race. another idea that another driver and myself thought of would be to split the points up better. both of us felt that it isnt fair to a driver who beats up their car and finishes 11th to get the same amount of points as someone who goes out at lap 10. this is just an idea, i realize that the points are already hard to figure out but i think this would help to spread out the points standings a little bit

Question Split Personalities

Not sure about splitting the fields. Laps would have to be cut because now you have four races instead of two. I already hear complaints from friends and family about how long everything takes from line-ups, the red flag conditions and between races. I don't think the fans will appreciate having to sit through all of that four times.

Since safety is the biggest concern, here are a couple of suggestions I'm throwing out there:
    1. Have a mandatory rookie orientation meeting for any new drivers before/after the regular driver's meeting.
    2. Mandatory safety inspection of any new car that shows up in a designated tech area.
    3. Rookies get a brightly colored ribbon to attach somewhere on their car to distinguish them from veteran drivers.
    4. Billy said no big motors will be allowed from now on, that will cut speeds down.
    5. Mandatory Fuel Cells: the money that you spend on one is worth the investment. It's better than being BBQ'ed on the track. If you wreck your car in a race, you take the fuel cell out and put it in the next car.
    6. Roll cages of some kind should be mandatory. That's your butt in the seat, you only get one in life, protect it.
    7. Window Nets, REAL window nets, not chicken wire or snow fencing. Again, you wreck the car, you can take the net out and put it in the next car.

I'm sure there are other things that could be done as well in regards to safety without compromising the spirit of true enduro racing.

Side Bar

All I got to say is some of thoses side bars people fab up is a hazard. Some are hardly attached and others won't just cut your tires is will peal your car open like a can opener. I also thought I seen a car with a front or rear bumper attached to the side of the car when I was driving in, but I am hoping it was to eairly and I was seeing things.

i use paper box post its smooth and flat to my car it does a job of a rub rail

Sac-Man

Cool Rad thread gone radical...

I like all of your ideas in your earlier post Billy B. I do like the large volume of cars out there but I also liked it equally as well went the field shrank due to attrition. I would also like to say from my perspective in the car it seems that asking for volunteers to help with the line-up during the driving meeting really paid off. To me it seemed quicker getting out on the track and BRE deserves a tire smokin’ burnout for that!!!!
    I think people are eager to help out and I imagine if you ask people to just print out their own copy of the rules and bring them they would. Perhaps the idea of some volunteer tech helpers would also be effective. Not necessarily to turn anyone away but to just mention that something may be questionable and that they may want to make adjustments to ensure they don’t loose a good finishing position to a DQ.

Earlier I wanted to give some constructive criticism.
    Lots of flames out there now and I just want to let you know I love the Series and think you are doing a great job. I can’t wait for the Beaters!!!

Sac-Man

Thread Information