Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rules

VNYLGRFX

Rules

Looks like some changes for the Blunderbust in 2006

1- Rear axles

2- control Arms

Take a look at the rules for 2006

Do we really need the changes, or is it a way for some to spend even more $$ than they need to? We have to run stock body panels, but we get after market upper a-arms?? Strange How many a-frames will a 4200# Blunderbust use in a year?? Good luck.
    Last edited by Wheel Racing; 12-11-2005 at 07:58 PM.

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!!

Well, they really had no other choice but to make it legal, since people ran their cars like this this past season. It should be interesting to see how the A arms hold up, you see them bend easily on a charger car, now they are on a car that weighs 1100 pounds more. I think it was a bad idea, the division was usually a green to checker class, but after this I think there will be a few yellows.
    chris busick

A few yellows might not be so bad, if it gives us more time to get to the front from the back.LOL Maybe some guys will get real good at changing a-frames as part of weekly maintenance.(oh yeah who really does weekly maintenance?)

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!!

Neal, maybe you could save one of them for your trophy...
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

The rumblings I heard about the control arms last season were based on some sort of statement like "replacements are getting hard to find". To me that means a tough choice of either update to a more available chassis or really start hunting for parts. Since within the "summary" at the end of the rules the reiteration of the word "stock" was made clear, how will this all be enforced?? The idea of a fabricated control arm being legal in an "entry level division" seems not in keeping with that idea. To my mind that says put the ball joint wherever you want and just make it look good. Me thinks a more realistic rule would have been to allow a newer clip on older sheet metal. Perhaps from something that is currently available like 90's rearwheel drive cars. You know like Buick Roadmaster for GM and the Grand Marquis/ Crown Victoria for the Blue Oval guys. JMO

lefthander chassis sells stock mount type uppers

For every chassis? It still doesn't solve the situation as I'm seeing it. The rules should continue to be written to keep things affordable for the poor man. That's how they originally read to me. To allow a fabricated aftermarket suspension part to assist a few isn't really doing a service to the many. Yes, there is, to an extent, some aftermarket stuff allowed (radiators & that cam rule come to mind) now, but this to me is an incredible disservice.
    Last edited by art11758; 12-12-2005 at 12:40 PM.

I haven't read the 06 rules yet , Does this mean we can run either or , Or just the Fabs ?
    " THE CROWN PRINCE OF TROUBLE "

It reads to me as either. If there were an "advantage" to be had though, which would you be inclined to run?? The rule simply states they are allowed. It doesn't specify a source, model, brand, etc. Or any particular eligible chassis. (Like for instance, if they were only allowed for the 1967 Buick Wildcat.) Which leaves the door wide open for really creative thinking. Which I am not opposed to. It is that kind of thinking that helps some guys do better with less. It just doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the rules, like I mentioned in the earlier post.
    Last edited by art11758; 12-13-2005 at 09:45 AM.

VNYLGRFX
    My understanding is it will be a one style production control arm like the Chargers have..... To be honest with you, these changes might work for better handling. We all know half the field can use that.
    As for the beating and banging wheel to wheel every week, I would like to see how they hold up. Remember, the Blunderbustcars are A LOT Heavier than your average racecar..............

The new rules will make your car work better. But are you allowed aftermarket brackets or just arms?

The 'a' arms that the rules are referring to are the "charger" type upper 'a' arms, but the stock bracket has to be used. There really isn't much to gain by using them, since the mounting points must be in the stock location.

Chris061 you are correct about the mounting. But what's next? Looks like we have a 4000 lb. late model. My daughter is going to have fun with this.

Kinda funny, all these special "racing" parts for a division that has a TOTAL pay off of $790, including sponsorship money. When does the ridicules rule bending end and common sense steps in.

Isn't it less expensive to go buy the $2 trophy and race as the rules state, or better yet, as they were intended to be.

So if I understand correctly, my daughter can use a Bob Bruneau modified motor in her car, get away with it all year and the following year it's a rule?

Like I said, my daughter is going to have fun. Me too...
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Well tower man. I guess it all depends on if your daughter or in this case you, know the right people. Cause if you do then you can have it passed.But is it worth it? I dont think it is,like you said the parts keep going up but the pay off ???
    chris busick

Thread Information