Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mod Tour Schedule

Mod Tour Schedule

Wow, 14 races at 6 tracks! What is going on?? I thought the Tour was supposed to be on the upswing. How many guys will run their weekly home tracks this year? Should be interesting, but it is a shame that the Modified Tour seems to be dwindling away.

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!!

I couldn't believe only 14, but then again, it's tentative. Seems someones doing something wrong here. It may be that NASCAR wants too much to host an event, for race and for purse. A few northeast tracks are even dropping NASCAR Weekly Sanctioning.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Drumz1959
    9 races at Thompson and Jack Arute's place....... I love Thompson, but in my view I'll watch a 'Head tour race anyday.... To this day, when the tour runs the 'Head, the hair stands up on my arms when the tour boys come out of two on lap one. Damn shame it's down to one race, before NH the 'Head had the record for the biggest tour purse..... Sucks big time, 1 'Head race, The 'Head is the only T/T track the tour runs .................................................. .............. Watch out for the TS Haulers Team on the tour, The team has put together an awesome crew to work with J.B. in 06 .....................www.tshaulers.com
    Did you guys see Nascar's release today about the 07 regional series plans
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...v=st&type=lgns

Also best of luck to all the race teams in 06, Happy New Years!

Mike Fields
    You want to talk about a dying tour? How about the Busch East Tour (formerly Busch North Tour)? Their schedule was released showing only eight (8) races. Are they really supposed to spend money to buy equipment to run a tour that has that many races?

There has been speculation for the past four years or so that the Busch East is going to eventually go the way of the Goodies Dash Series... or maybe be absorbed by another series.

I love to read all this speculation. Dieing tours...series going away...too big a purse.

If you only knew ...
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Tower Man
    I love to read all this speculation. Dieing tours...series going away...too big a purse.

If you only knew ...
    Please enlighten us. I am a huge Tour fan and would hate to see anything happen to it, but so few races and so many at Thompson and Stafford just raises my curiosity. If there is a light at the end of the tunnel, then that would be great news.

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Yes, we don't know Mr. Tower Man. But we are intently interested so we speculate and ponder based on what we DO know, which is:

1. As of the present there are ONLY 14 races at 6 race tracks.
    2. Riverhead ONLY has 1 race. We can only assume this is a financial decision.
    3. Seekonk is not hosting a tour race and Jennerstown is saying that current situations make it unprofitable to host another tour race.

Feed us a bone Tower Man. A glimmer of hope would be appreciated.

Also missing is Wall Township Speedway.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

All I can say publicly is this:

Riverhead has one race because that is what they asked for, because they cannot get a sponsor for the June race.

Seekonk has not renewed their NASCAR Sanction.

I do not know about the Jennerstown situation.

Wall is Wall.

Last year the Mod Tour schedule was not complete until after Speed Weeks. I know this because I take my 6 weeks vacation around the schedule and I must pick by the first week in January.

We are continuing to seek new venues. And if you look back, Thompson and Stafford usually get 9 or 10 shows between them every year.

Yes, the purse request are high...must be $6000 to win, last paying approx. $750. As I get the okay, I will keep you updated as we add more shows. IN MY OPINION, look to see 4 more races added to the schedule.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

All I can say publicly is this:... As I get the okay, I will keep you updated as we add more shows. IN MY OPINION, look to see 4 more races added to the schedule.
    Thanx, that is a little more encouraging. I guess we will wait and see

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Well said. I seem to recall the schedule being adjusted as late as March last season. Well before the season starts. I've been saving since the Turkey Derby for the annual travel budget. I'll still travel to the 10 or so races that I made this past year. And hopefully a few other shows that I haven't been able to make in the past.

Tower.
    What is the Minimum purse for a 2006 Tour Race? Does this amount include the fees the track must pay Nascar? What other hidden fees might there be for the tracl owner that we don't know about? Thanks. Ted Baxter
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

IN MY OPINION, look to see 4 more races added to the schedule.
    Hum, 4 more races? Lets see, Watkins Glen, North Wilkesboro, Bristol, and Lime Rock. Hey, I can dream, right.

Uh, North Wilkesboro? Would that be a lawnmower race, considering how overgrown the track is reported to be?

The others sound good.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Quote Originally Posted by GSM
    Hum, 4 more races? Lets see, Watkins Glen, North Wilkesboro, Bristol, and Lime Rock. Hey, I can dream, right.
    As long as we are dreaming here, how about a race at the defunct 3/4 mile Pocono track,Trenton, and even Flemington.The "ROC 3"

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Thread Information