Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A White Christmas after all!!!

Elated A White Christmas after all!!!

Looking at the weekend outlook on weather.com for St. Johns, and they're calling for some snow showers (30%) for Saturday.
    Bad news for me because I'm coming from DE on a 6x12 ft landscaping trailer. Then when, or if, I get there, I was an idiot and took the Windshield wipers out
    Any ideas of how I can run without windshield wipers?
    Last edited by EnduroFromDE; 01-01-2006 at 02:14 PM.

del-thundermc17
    I took my windshield out and replaced it w/ a screen. Where in DE are you? I am just south of wilmington.

New Castle, off rt. 9 behind Mike's Harley Davidson on 295

U????
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

BlingxBling
    30% chance in this area doesn't mean much. When that percentage gets to about 70%, that is more promising of a snow fall. This typical pattern usually will indicate by thursday eveningthe chance of snow somewhere about 0-10% (in otherwords, there will not be any). Sorry to ruin that thought of a snow shower. We have a better chance of seeing a blizzard in April.

You don't need windshield wipers, just a good coating of Rain-X or a similar product. Oh yeah, and a defroster, LOL!
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

If you have no wipers then the best bet is a screen and yank out the window. Rain-x doesnt work. Those of us who tried it know that. It helps with wipers, but alone it doesnt work out too well.
    VICKI

Or, you have a few days to put them back in, just not a fun job. Screen is okay, but makes for a COLD ride.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

BWR
    All you need is a spot on the windshield to look out of. It's not like you're running in the dark. Rain-x does work.

NEETS-1

Do's and Don'ts....

If you replace the glass w/ a screen....(Don't use the squirters, lol)

Keep The Squirters For The Goggles !!!!!! Lol
    BillyB Note: I have been working on an updated NEETS start page flash for 2006. If the 3 sponsors toward the end have changed or not sure for the season yet, drop me an email. And of course any other info, ideas, etc.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Thanks for all the tips, but it is still only a 30% chance, so most likely, hopefully, it won't. But I think I might pick up a bottle of rain-x just in case mother nature desides to visit the "Duro's down in Duro-ville" this weekend. And so far there is alot of Duros. Car count all ready in the 90's. Billy, is there a limit on cars in a race or do you seperate them up if you get so many reg.??????
    Last edited by EnduroFromDE; 01-02-2006 at 04:39 PM.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Wink Enduro On Ice................

We don't need "no stinking wipers", hehe.......................
    If its icy, you'll most likely be using the rear window....................
    Personally, I like my all weather seeing-eye dogs............
    Its tough getting the studs on'em though....................
    UNCLE PETEY.......................

BWR, Have you ever tried running an enduro with Just Rain-x? When you do, let me know. I have....not pretty.
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

I prefer Snow-x myself.

Good news....Bad news???

Good news for me, since I have no windshield wipers, the snow chance is pretty much out of the picture. Down to only 10% chance of snow showers. Which on the other hand is bad news, Mobigsly, because I know how bad he was looking forward to using his Snow-x . So hopefully we don't "need no stinking wipers". And have a nice full field come Sat. What do say????

Thread Information