Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My computer,

Mike Fields
    Billy, with the heavy amount of e-mail I get with attachments, I've gone through a ton of software to get rid of the garbage. The absolute best I've found is the one that lefty turner told you about, called AVG Anti-Virus from Grisoft.

The only thing he was incorrect about is that they don't update almost weekly; they do it daily from www.Grisoft.com if you have the program configured to do so. So that it doesn't bother me, I have mine set to download and install the update between 4:00 & 5:59 every morning.

Note that it often picks up the garbage that the big name software never detects.

SmallCar18
    I've been supporting Macs for 12 yrs now and have only ever seen 1 real Mac virus. It's funny that years ago when there was a legitimate Mac virus floating around, it suspiciously started shortly after I think it was McAfee came out with a Macintosh antivirus program.

Cody and Jake are doing good tormenting their uncle as usual . They're hoping their daddy gets home from work early today so they can come see some good racin at BWHs.

BlingxBling
    Kerry, I love my mac. Ever since that issue with the logic board, no problems. LOL, that's what Uncles are for, you know that, right? For the nephews or nieces to drive them insane. Can you believe I am going to have one of my own, a child that is not a niece or nephew!??! I didn't even know that you were racing today until I saw the finish. Good job.

lefty turner
    Thanks for the confirmation of AVG, Mike. I only have the free version, and my update alert seems to go off every few days or so. I said 'about weekly' earlier because sometimes it is almost a week between my update alerts. But, maybe that's just the free version. I do like that function that it can check for and install updates without you worrying about them. My pc came with McAfee from the factory. When I started having problems I d/l AVG. It found a virus right away. I tried pointing McAfee directly to the file and it still didn't find it.

I was talking to a friends son who is going to school for internet security. His school rates AVG as one of the best anti-virus programs available to the public.

Thread Information