Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drews Enterprises 'Beaters' results

pics are up and running as well

http://www.mountainspeedwayphotography.com/
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

broz

Shout Out...

To Matt Guida and Shawn Wanat of Riverhead on your race in the 4 cyl. class!
    Way to go guys, your fans in Texas are watching,

lefty turner

Manual vs. Electronic scoring

I used to run enduros at Williams Grove and they used manual scoring. There are ways for the scorer to easily cheat with that system. Personally, I'd rather have an automatic system that may make mistakes than a manual system that can be intentionally corrupted. Actually, NASCAR has the best system, which actually combines both. But, they only have 43 cars/trucks to score.

NEETS could do both, but do you have any volunteers to verify manual vs. electronic scoring for 80 cars?

Just so you know EndurofromDE, that link to Gary Silverman's page that you have posted is showing the highlights from the Beaters Race from Jan 2005, not this past Saturday's race

NJ scroll to the very bottom below the Turkey Derby highlights from Wall last month.
    To see the highlights of the B w/ H III
    Last edited by EnduroFromDE; 01-09-2006 at 01:14 PM.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Ooops!

Thanks EndurofromDE, I jumped the gun, sorry!

Hey EnduroFromDE, no scrolling needed, here's a direct link:

www.jerseyracing.com/010706clips.html
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

If you look at the pics, Mujsce was in the turn 3 wall with another car. Its in the pics. Woot never pitted and was never taken out. Mujsce had a 5 sec lap and a 12 sec lap and finished 7 seconds in front of Woot. So he was either 5 laps down or 5 laps ahead of the field. Which do you think? I think a REAL man would own up to it and not go all the way back to NY saying he won and no one could touch his car. 237 mph how could anyone?! But I guess it runs in the family. I think the transponders are great when they work, but the printout should be reviewed carefully before deciding the finishing order. So does he keep his points or do they go to the 2nd place guy?
    Last edited by nobandwagonhere; 01-09-2006 at 07:21 PM.
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

winky417

I agree.

There must have been some transponder issues !!!!!!! first off 200+ mph------impossible !!!!!! Bobby P finishing 24th-----no way

Happy Birthday Woot!!

I just don't think it was a very nice Birthday present for Woot.....
    VICKI

Hey Billy,
    The Beaters race was great with the lining up, and a quick start to the race. But the way the line up was determined, it didn't really bother me directly, because I registered as soon as the link came up on the website. But I've heard people coming down from the tower complaining they're starting back in the 80's and 90's (where they registered). To me, the best part of walking up those steps is not forking over the $50 bucks , but picking from the deck of cards for my starting spot. How was it determined that where you registered is where you start? Is that how each race going to be, or was this just a one race deal to see how it would work?? Either way, the choice is yours and I'm sure everyone will respect it; I will . (NO, I'm not sucking up)
    We'll see ya in April.

Cool Quick Pick

The Beaters race has traditionally always been as you register on the computer is how you will line-up in the race. The next races will be by card pick, unless Billy decides to mix it up now and then. Billy always posts on the registration/information page as to how the line-ups will be determined, so there are no surprises come race day. Hope that helps!

Thank NJ
    This was my first Beaters race, (hopefully not my last) so I was not aware of that, but thanks for pointing that out.

shore taxi
    I know Glen Osborn, big car #15, had a problem with his transponder, #33. He did get spun out two times, but never was in the pits, and they say he finished 40th . I know at Wall Stadium, at Turkey Derby, some people had problems with their transponders losing their charge quickly in the cold .

Just to throw my 2 cents in on the transponder subject, I ran the Frankenduro big car race in 2004 with the transponder in my Chest pocket on my driver's suit. There was no problem with it as I finished 4th. One of the most importaint things is to make sure you cross the pickup on the track. If you are too low (like in the infield), it will not score you.

Thread Information