Thread: Good Happy thoughts?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BlingxBling

Good Happy thoughts?

Alright guys and gals, I think we all used enough space on the board with angry posts, so I am going to turn it around. As you know, there is the NEETS newsletter that rolls around each event giving the review of the previous race, and sometimes other information. Most of the time, not much, because there isn't much info that can be supplied. So why not spice it up some, give those readers something to read. Learn a little bit about you. I am looking for stories about the most memorable Enduro racing experience you have ever encountered? Good stories about winning, or your friend winning, or perhaps a not so good one where you crashed your car, or maybe rolled it. Details are great. It will also give me a chance to learn a few more things about all of you.

I will actually start this post with one of mine...my very first enduro, in which I had attended was not this past year, but the year prior. I had only ever been to one previous enduro, which was at MVS. 30 cars were registered to take the green for that event. I thought it was absolutely wild. Well, I did not know what was in store for me when I showed up at my first NEETS event. There were like 100 cars starting the 4cyl race. 100!!!!!! That's nuts, or so I thought just seeing the line up. When the cars took the green, I was in near shock. Still not able to get over the 100 cars. I had one of the best times ever watching this race. I really couldn't tell you who won, because I was uneducated at the time. The 6/8cyl came up next. There was one car that stood out to me. It was bright ORANGE (my fav color) Caprice looking car. Well, this car was flying...around and around and around. Well, sure enough, in turn 1 a disabled car sat. Well, as this orange car got higher and higher, it lost control, slamming the backend of his car into the disabled car, then proceeded to bounce off the wall. That wasn't even the shocking part, but when it drove into the pits for quick repair and came back out looking almost like a truck, my mouth smacked the ground. Looking at the rear, you had the ability to see the frame, due to the impact. This is just one of the many, many, many, many memories I have. Mine isn't as entertaining, since I'm just a fan watching, rather than driving. I hope to read all of yours as well.
    Last edited by BlingxBling; 01-11-2006 at 03:38 AM.

Thread Information