Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Happy thoughts?

BlingxBling

Good Happy thoughts?

Alright guys and gals, I think we all used enough space on the board with angry posts, so I am going to turn it around. As you know, there is the NEETS newsletter that rolls around each event giving the review of the previous race, and sometimes other information. Most of the time, not much, because there isn't much info that can be supplied. So why not spice it up some, give those readers something to read. Learn a little bit about you. I am looking for stories about the most memorable Enduro racing experience you have ever encountered? Good stories about winning, or your friend winning, or perhaps a not so good one where you crashed your car, or maybe rolled it. Details are great. It will also give me a chance to learn a few more things about all of you.

I will actually start this post with one of mine...my very first enduro, in which I had attended was not this past year, but the year prior. I had only ever been to one previous enduro, which was at MVS. 30 cars were registered to take the green for that event. I thought it was absolutely wild. Well, I did not know what was in store for me when I showed up at my first NEETS event. There were like 100 cars starting the 4cyl race. 100!!!!!! That's nuts, or so I thought just seeing the line up. When the cars took the green, I was in near shock. Still not able to get over the 100 cars. I had one of the best times ever watching this race. I really couldn't tell you who won, because I was uneducated at the time. The 6/8cyl came up next. There was one car that stood out to me. It was bright ORANGE (my fav color) Caprice looking car. Well, this car was flying...around and around and around. Well, sure enough, in turn 1 a disabled car sat. Well, as this orange car got higher and higher, it lost control, slamming the backend of his car into the disabled car, then proceeded to bounce off the wall. That wasn't even the shocking part, but when it drove into the pits for quick repair and came back out looking almost like a truck, my mouth smacked the ground. Looking at the rear, you had the ability to see the frame, due to the impact. This is just one of the many, many, many, many memories I have. Mine isn't as entertaining, since I'm just a fan watching, rather than driving. I hope to read all of yours as well.
    Last edited by BlingxBling; 01-11-2006 at 03:38 AM.

I remember watching my first Enduro race at Mountain Speedway, like it was just last year, wait, it was last year, at the Labor Day show, I believe it was a Monday. It was me and my dad in the pits to see what the big Enduro hype was all about (NOW I KNOW). We had a car at the house that we were building to bring up there the next race (FRANKENDURO). I beleive it was about half way through the 4cyl race and my dad and I were talking about if it was possible to flip a car at this track , being they're only going 65 mph, tops, going into the turns. Well no more than two laps later, there was a little white Civic hatchback (I think) coming out of turn 4, and got clipped in the back left 1/4 panel, and sure enough, spins down into the dirt sideways, clips a stalled car, and over he went, two times, I think. Luckily, he was un-injured. That got me hooked, too, knowing you can flip like that and just climb out and laugh about it .
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Thanks Bling. The newsletter from BwH should be done in, let’s say a week. I am still surprised with the response to the thread asking where everyone is from. That information goes a long long way & also helps the announcer dude tremendously. We send the press releases to a bunch of local papers. I only get one of them & the BwH recap was in there today. It mentioned everyone from the area that ran in it & where they finished. Honestly, without those hometowns, they probably wouldn’t have put anything in it. If anyone wants to throw out the names of their local papers, I would be more than happy to add them to the Newspaper PR list. Also, if you saw the results/recap in any local papers, share it with us.

Geno, which paper was running the story? I just checked my paper (The News Journal, a Delaware paper), Nothing didn't really think anything would be in there, but you never know.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

ststock23

News paper

Hey Geno,
    The Trenton Times has a sports writer that has been around a long time. His name is Harry Blaze. I bet if you included him on your pr list, he'd at least give us a mention.
    Tim

BlingxBling
    Steve, yeah that would have been Mr Spencer in his 4 door little cavalier. That happened right in front of me. Scariest thing I have ever seen, he looked unconcious when they put the car up the right way. Thanks for that memory of yours..have you got any from when you drove in your first NEETS Enduro?

Another one....

It was at the Frankenduro in Oct. It was my first race, and everyone I talked to seemed fairly nice. Well, about 1/2 hour before drivers meeting, a young man came up to me and asked if he can use our generator and air pump to pump one of his tires up. We said yeah, and he goes and get's this beat up little purple thing, with a 19 on the side. (yeah, Jimmy White) Anyway, he pumped his tires up, and well to make a long story short, he end's up winning the race, with my air. And how dare he not split the winnings with us. , just kidding, congrats on the win......I'm just mad I only did three laps that race

spier racing 93
    I remember one of my first couple of races...It was only 4 cars...2 Verwys, Art Kulik, and me. I ended up doing horribly because I had very little experience racing a car, let alone driving one. But at the end of the race, my right front wheel broke right off entering turn 2. That sent me into the ground and skidding along, while my wheel went BOUNCING all the way down the backstretch. That was my first (and only) trip back to the pits via a wrecker. Not a very 'happy' memory, but a memory nonetheless.

ststock23

Wall Stadium

Going into turn 1 in my street stock. Huge cloud of smoke erupts from under my hood. I immediately shut off the ignition, just in time to hear the announcer saying "That doesn't look like a good sign". Towed the car back on to the trailer. Drove home extremely dejected (rookie year). Finally got the courage to look at the engine. The only hole I could find was where the oil plug should have been. Filled it back up and ran the next week. I will never do that again.

Denise

Elated Denise

My most memorable enduro racing experience was the Mutha in 2004. It was the first time I raced against my dad and only the second enuro race I was in. We were both in the same heat race. He was ahead of me going into turns 3 & 4. He got loose in the corner and got sideways and I come right behind him and we both got tangled together. He was able to drive off the and track and I had to get towed. Both were able to race the next day. Also the entire 2005 Neets Series was great for me. Finished no lower than 14th place all season and scored 2 top ten finishes. I was in 11th place in points going into the last race of the year. With double points I made my way back into the top 10 in points and finished in 7th place in the points standings. Starting off great in 2006. Had my best ever finish which was 5th place. Without the support of my dad & stepmother (Dave & Cindy Garrison) I would not be where I am today. Love you both.

Thumbs up endurofrom DE

That kid in the #19 the same one who put one on its roof and rolled back out to finish the race (isn't he fun?); and yes, his mom and 2 sisters are running

Had a wheel come off with 2 laps left at the Mutha (not to mention all the fun in the regular season). Talk to him about that magic race winning air and maybe you should bottle it for sale.

BUSY BEE SR.
    #19 J.W.

BlingxBling
    Mr. Jimmy White SR, you ought to send that young 'un this way for a good story. I'm sure he has plenty.

Not to jinx him, but I just can't believe all the luck he's having in that car, with the rollover and not to mention what the car looked like after the Mutha race and to make it all the way to 2 laps to go . And to also come back to the B w/ H race with the same car. But I guess that's where all that magic got robbed from him. on the plus side, it gave everyone else a chance) just messin
    http://www.mountainspeedwayphotograp...pg?IctQual=100

Hope your luck's a little better at the April race.

pv18

Ty, I will get you back for that

Ty, As you were having this great memory moment, Pete and I were battling for the win. (It just aint an Enduro with only 4 cars) On the last lap we went to split you in turns one and two, I went high, Pete went low. Ty lost his tire and took me with him to the wall.

I hate loosing to my little brother!

Pat - 18

rcp_ny
    Denise, I've been watching you (and lots of others, don't want to creep you out! ) and am impressed with how clean your races are. You almost never get into trouble. I spun you out once last year (May maybe?), although I claim it wasn't my fault... I was correcting from someone getting into me... but it was unintentional anyway. But my point is that car never seems to have any new dents!

And speaking of Garrisons (ok, that's a weak segue, but work with me!), that brings me to one of my favorite stories.

In the '05 Frankenduro, someone hit me in the left rear and we both did a half-spin, and while we were still banging together getting pointed the right way he was yelling over to me "Sorry buddy, sorry!". It's the only time I've had someone apologize for a wreck while the wreck was still happening. I thought that was just the funniest thing. I just gave him a wave (with all five fingers)... no harm, no foul. I had no idea what car it was until weeks later when I got the video, and it turned out to be number 800, one of your Garrison clan!

Thread Information