Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rule question

Question Shabby Suction................

Sounds like there is 2 inches between you and happiness, hehe..........
    Even with all those miles, you should be able to get 17"/mercury on a stock engine, unless you have a bad cylinder , early/late timing problem, vacuum leak or checking the vacuum at an unreliable source ...............
    Other factors also contribute to low manifold vacuum but, all in all, that motor should be pulling at least 20"/mercury at idle........................
    With a little effort I'm sure you'll find the problem......................
    UNCLE PETEY.....................

I've noticed other cars, including my own, that have seatbelts holding on the front hood for a quick release, instead of chain. Is this legal?? Also, the chain or seatbelts with the release holding the driver's side door shut around the center post, is that legal as well?
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

low vacuum

If you still have the pcv valve hooked up, disconnect and plug before taking your reading. Having it hooked up can cause a few inches less vacuum.

Dr. D

The rear view mirror deal. I guess the blocking game is gonna start real fast.

Rich Johnson
    Matt has a flag for that.

RacinRich

In another thread Billy say's, and I quote, "I have a surprise tech inspection man for the 4cyl division. He knows foreign and domestic 4cyls in and out. This will clear up any computerized hot rods in this division." Is there any idea on who the "SURPRISE" guest is.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

pitbull113

chrome horn

As far as the blocking game goes the chrome horn works good for that also. I find it funny that the rules state no tirerack.com tires but there is a link to the tirerack in the helpful tire tech page.lol

SmallCar18
    I was wondering about the tirerack.com comment in the rules as well. I was planning to purchase my tires through them. In the past I used to just go to the any tire for $10 places for tires but often they'd blow out for no apparent reason. Tirerack sells the same tires you get at bricks and mortar stores. The tires I REALLY want to get are from vulcantire.com but they are definitely not legal. I think tirerack will shave certain tires for you so maybe that's the reason for the tirerack comment since it comes right after "NO SHAVED TIRES". Glad I waited to buy tires. The tires I was planning to get fit within the rules except they are V rated. Back to the drawing board
    Last edited by SmallCar18; 01-20-2006 at 11:12 AM.

Sac-Man

Exclamation No Tirerack.com tires?

Please clarify this comment. I don't understand why it matters where I purchase my tires from. I think there must be some misunderstanding here.

Oh no... Track tire rules. Must buy American Racers... Must have etched in them Greenridge/Mountain hee hee

The secret tech guy is Santa Claus. He's helping out now that the Christmas is over, because he knows when you are good or bad, and he knows if you cheated up your 4cyl..

NEETS-1
    Let me put it this way. NO SHAVED TIRES. If I see "new" tires with 3/32 tread on them or the tread wear lines showing, they will be dqed...no questions asked.
    And to smarty pants that thinks my comment was funny....Tirerack.coms specialty is camber shaving tires at 80 bux a pop. ($320 a set) + shipping. Why would you pay that much for tires that you could buy cheaper down the street? This is supposed to be cheap, fun racing. I have seen these tires on certain cars and they are winning....now, don't you want it to be fair??? or should I let it go?...or do you have them?
    AND even though they do sell shaved tires, I found they do have a section on their website to help you learn more about tires which I thought would be good for some drivers...so I put the link up!!! Big Friggin' deal

pitbull113

tirerack

Take it easy there Billy. Did you have a bad day? Tirerack's specialty is not camber shaved tires, it's selling tires period. They do sell tires for racing, but they sell more tires for cars and trucks to be used for every day driving at better prices than most tire shops, including shipping and no sales tax (which usually offsets the shipping costs). And by the way, it's Mr Smarty Pants. lol.

These tires, is that 7 inch tread or 7 inch from sidewall to sidewall or 7inch contact patch if you would run the tire throught water?

Sac-Man

Lightbulb Tirerack.com Explained

Thanks for clearing up the comment Billy. I buy tires from tirerack.com and mavis tire because they are the cheapest new tires I can find. I should also mention my tires still have the new tire nubs on them when I show up at the track. There's a Circuit City behind my house and much to their dismay I circle their parking lot trying to scuff my tires and at least heat cycle them a little. One of these days five O is going to get me!!!
    I didn't really associate shaved tires with Tirerack and I figured you could get them shaved anywhere.

Sac-Man 81 one days to race day!!!

Well I got 4 brand new tire from pepboys for 19.97 each. The two backs and the left front are the same tire from when I put them on before the FrankEnduro last year. I'll still keep them on for the April races, too, if they don't dry rot before then. I just change the front right after each race and that's it. So I'm looking at only about $20 bucks a race on tires (NOT BAD). Of course, I went through 2 right fronts and a rim at the B w/ H so I'm looking at at least 2 new spares and another rim, but still only $50 or $60 bucks.

See ya then

Thread Information