Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more knowledge needed -- freeze plug (I think)

NEETS-1

A funny story about freeze plugs...

I bought a cherry '63 Plymouth Fury convertible w/ a 318 from a older guy when I was a "young'n". One problem the guy told me... one of the freeze plugs was leaking and I have to keep filling it up w/ water. Well I paid the guy the $15 (yes, fifteen dollars) he was asking for it...went to my car, got a pencil from my glove compartment, broke it in half, went under the car and stuck it in the hole where the freeze plug was leaking. I started it up, the water swelled the wood up and sealed the hole...I drove the car for a few months like that until I sold it for $50. (I threw in the pencil for free), lol.

ststock23
    Ahh, if only we had kept those cars of our youth..

rcp_ny

Unhappy a not funny story about freeze plugs

Well it appears the plugs did not do their job, and the block is indeed cracked. I assume there's no fix for that, other than a different block. True? That's way over my head, so it looks like I'll need to bring the old Sundance out of mothballs (mouse nests?) for 4/1.

In a way that's ok, I've had a lot of fun in that Sundance, and you can tell by looking at it. It deserves another ride, even if the rear end is all screwy.

NEETS-1

It's a front wheel drive.....

You don't even need the rear axle or just drive it like a pool player and put a little "English" on it in the corners

Thread Information